Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 09:21 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,785,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
A sad contrast between New York City over seven decades ago and the increase in ignorance and incompetence which today permeates our nation and especially Florida.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/...ce-98630725950

The purveyors of "Big Lie," anti-science propaganda have taken a heavy toll on the health, well-being, and prosperity of our nation.
A half a million doses per day? Way back then?? And we can barely do 3 million in 2 weeks..in 2020
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 09:29 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
But the chances are miniscule that your 59 yr old husband, unless he suffers from comorbidities or chronic conditions that could be exacerbated by covid, would suffer from anything but perhaps a mild, self-limited illness from covid, most likely a lot less chance than those seniors with the comorbidities associated with older age. You figure people age out of their "usefulness" and spend all their time entertaining themselves, adding to their uselessness?
It's not about death; it's about the long haulers, many as young as in their twenties, who have months of illness and possibly permanent heart and lung damage from the virus. That college basketball player who just collapsed on court a few weeks back? Inflamed heart with high possibility of being caused by a covid infection from earlier in the year.

Thank you for your utter lack of concern and may the new year bring you wisdom and empathy.

Old 01-01-2021, 03:08 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,783,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
It's not about death; it's about the long haulers, many as young as in their twenties, who have months of illness and possibly permanent heart and lung damage from the virus. That college basketball player who just collapsed on court a few weeks back? Inflamed heart with high possibility of being caused by a covid infection from earlier in the year.

Thank you for your utter lack of concern and may the new year bring you wisdom and empathy.
This is true. Deaths may be in the older population, but lasting damages are occurring at any age. Stupid, self centered, egotistical, arrogant idiots, and who are uncaring about others will do what they want.

Old 01-01-2021, 03:30 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
I am definitely not trying to throw stones but with the unemployment application process fiasco we had here in Florida I would have thought the state of Florida would have had a game plan rolled out for vaccine distribution.

It certainly doesn’t help here in Jacksonville with the local news showing helicopter shots of long lines of cars and reporting 4 plus hour waits to get the vaccine along with people showing up without appointments.

You have to report the news but with human nature and how COVID-19 led to panic buying of paper goods and foods it is only obvious that this same type of hysteria is going to turn the vaccine process into a free for all.

My parents have passed so I can’t ask them but from what I remember in the early sixties without social media and the internet my parents took me to the next town over on a Sunday and I was administered the Polio vaccine in a high school auditorium. No crowds, no long lines, no wait time.

I hope everything gets sorted out in the next few weeks and the vaccine process becomes a lot smoother. I would hate to see the confusion and unorganized process continue on especially when it comes time for those who receive it now and it becomes time for them to return for their second application. Lines now would look minuscule compared to then.
The long lines down in this neck of the woods will be eliminated by the use of appointment times to get the vaccine.

Old 01-01-2021, 03:36 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:

Back atcha. Your verbal foot stomping about your 59 yr old husband not getting the vaccine before the "old people just so they could drink beer and play golf" sounded pretty callous as I see it.

Perhaps a better perspective on things, other than whining because this vaccine rollout didn't come with instant perfection might be on your list of New Year wishes.

Old 01-01-2021, 04:09 PM

25,733 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Thanks for saying that my 50something schoolteacher husband should just suck up and deal with the chance of permanent lung damage so that the old people can go to the bar for a beer after they play golf.

Really great priorities there.
Don't blame the messenger, blame the scientists who advised all our politicians which roll-out methodology would save the most lives.

I hope your husband stays safe, & the older people enjoy their beers after their golf game.

Old 01-01-2021, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Blind allegiance usually never turns out well, your boy DeSantis is obviously rudderless now that Trump isn't controlling his every move. Check out the states most recent infection rate for proof of total failure.
Florida's death rate per million population remains safer than the national average, & much safer than NJ, NY, MA, CT, IL, RI, MI, Wash DC, PA, and others. Right now, FLA ranks 23rd, which is nearly right in the middle, even though we have the 2nd oldests and vulnerable population.

The facts are the facts....science is science...results are results. All good for DeSantis, & Florida residents.

FLA residents are happy he wasn't a militant dictator like; Cuomo, Whitmer, Newsome, ect. ...all who have been caught breaking their own laws/rules/policies on video tape...how humiliating to be outed as a hypocrite in front of the entire country. They are trying to recall Newsome & throw him out of office. The courts have overturned some of Whitmer's & Cuomo's dictates. DeSantis is crushing those Governors.

Florida's election results reflect the job DeSantis is doing. Trump won Florida, Pubs gained big time in the State House, & gained seats in the U.S. House. DeSantis is pushing our Red state Redder.

I'm ecstatic that Gillum is in rehab, and not in Talahassee...what a loser that guy turned out to be. His poor wife and kids.

Old 01-01-2021, 04:44 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,694,174 times
Leave your POLITIC IDEAS out of here people . . .

Old 01-01-2021, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Leave your POLITIC IDEAS out of here people . . .
DeSantis is a politician, & the OP attacked him. Are you saying posters are not allowed to defend DeSantis's superior Covid-19 results?

Comparing his results to other states is totally logical.

Considering the alternative, if he had not become FL Governor is also logical.

The recent election outcome reflected DeSantis's covid-19 results. The media has reported on this.

I'm sorry you don't like the facts that I've posted. Maybe you should suggest to the OP to not attack a political figure in the future, if you don't want to read Florida residents defending a political figure.

Old 01-01-2021, 05:21 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,275,501 times
I didn't feel like typing this again...LOL......Happy New Year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
yeah right.....Trump's fault

This isn't going to work the way any of them thought.....when half the doctors and nurses are refusing to take it

What does that say about the "science"....when the science people are saying no way....

..and what does that say about covid and the vaccination.....when they would rather take their chances with covid...than have the vaccination

They don't think having covid is as dangerous as the vaccination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...so much for doctors and nurses first

about 40-50%

Some healthcare workers refuse to take COVID-19 vaccine, even with priority access

They are frontline workers with top-priority access to the COVID-19 vaccine, but they are refusing to take it.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...vaccine-access

================

Up to 60% of US health workers are refusing to get COVID-19 vaccines over fears of side effects

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-vaccines.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida