Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2021, 09:22 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunscape View Post
How is this program starting tomorrow and today there’s not a place to register?
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pinella...dssbdestsearch

Go to eventbrite . for pinellas vaccine (see above link). follow steps. type very fast if it shows dates available. Right now shows sold out but this could change if administrators are still entering data for the number of slots.

Be ready to type name, address, DOB, email, address and cell phone very fast. To get a slot.

UPDATE: Choose REGISTER and/or"select a date". Some dates avail NOW in later January for Pinellas county. Pick the date and select red button "TICKETS". type fast and finish asap to secure that slot

ticket# will be given at end and tickets will be emailed to you also. if getting for more than 1 person, select higher QUANTITY. later you can enter name/DOB for each person getting vax

***Many Florida counties use EventBrite to schedule Covid vaccine appointments. You can setup a login id ahead of time in Eventbrite and then browse locations to find the vaccine in that individual county. The default for event browsing is ONLINE events. Place cursor over the word "online" and type in your city/state instead of online to see local events. This will return a list of events near that city. In the search area, type "covid vaccine" or "covid vaccination" to filter the events. Some counties use the word vaccine and others use the word vaccination. ****Not ALL Florida counties use eventbrite, so you need to learn which method of scheduling your county uses. Pinellas is using eventbrite and several others.

I already scheduled a covid vaccine for senior citizen relatives via eventbrite and they already got their first vaccine. I am giving tips to help others. Good luck to all. Also...the Florida county health departments usually give a link to the EventBrite site when they give their announcements online. Or they give link or info on what method that county uses for getting vaccine. Florida has 67 different counties and each county can use their own chosen method for vaccines.

FL Dept Health official web site by county name: countyname.floridahealth.gov for each FL county health department (replace countyname with the actual name of the county in the link above). Often they have a COVID link, sometimes in red or bold at top of the site. Follow that Covid link for vaccine announcements. You do not need to reside in that county to get the vaccine in that county.

Last edited by Variable; 01-04-2021 at 10:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2021, 09:28 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
The fact he said nursing home residents are more important than front line workers is unbelievable. I watched a 103 year old woman and a 96 year old man get vaccinated on tv. FOR WHAT????? They were both basically dead in their wheelchairs. This guy is a total moron and needs to get removed out of office ASAP

Old 01-04-2021, 09:57 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,631,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
The fact he said nursing home residents are more important than front line workers is unbelievable. I watched a 103 year old woman and a 96 year old man get vaccinated on tv. FOR WHAT????? They were both basically dead in their wheelchairs. This guy is a total moron and needs to get removed out of office ASAP
Are you trolling?

You think a 26 year old grocery store clerk should get priority over a nursing home resident?

DeSantis is right. It's about age, not job. It's about your actual risk should you contract is. And by the way, medical workers are all being vaccinated. When you say "front line" - you are misleading people. What you really mean is "essential" workers which is everything from yard workers to gas station attendants. And yes, we should be vaccinating our vulnerable population first.

Old 01-04-2021, 12:30 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Are you trolling?

You think a 26 year old grocery store clerk should get priority over a nursing home resident?

DeSantis is right. It's about age, not job. It's about your actual risk should you contract is. And by the way, medical workers are all being vaccinated. When you say "front line" - you are misleading people. What you really mean is "essential" workers which is everything from yard workers to gas station attendants. And yes, we should be vaccinating our vulnerable population first.
Yes. They are already in a nursing home to die!!

Let me ask you this: So you think a 103 year old is more valuable than a 26 year old??

Old 01-04-2021, 02:22 PM

17,122 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:

Let me ask you this: So you think a 103 year old is more valuable than a 26 year old??
I hope this is not a serious question...

How many people in their 20s have you heard of dying from this?

Old 01-04-2021, 02:50 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,631,226 times
Quote:

Gotcha. So you are obviously trolling.

Old 01-04-2021, 03:22 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Humm,

Politics obviously have nothing to fo about it, right?

Of the nation's six largest states, California is the only one with a usage rate below 30%:
-California 28.1 %
-Texas 40.0%
-Florida 31.9%

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...e-15844814.php

Keep politics in the political section.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:22 PM

3,426 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:

I think a 103-year-old confined to a nursing home with limited contact beyond her own nursing staff, is less likely to infect other people than the nursing staff who takes care of that 103-year-old.

I also think that the 103-year-old confined to a nursing home is less at risk of becoming infected, than a member of the nursing staff, who don't have such confinement or restrictions of movement and interaction with other people.

It has nothing to do with age. It has everything to do with functionality. A 26-year-old who is unable to care for himself, but requires a medical staff to care for him, needs to know that his medical staff won't be bringing COVID to his bedside. And he needs to know that his medical staff will be healthy enough to keep him alive. Even if his medical staff is older than he is.

Old 01-05-2021, 04:01 AM

1,065 posts, read 622,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
I think a 103-year-old confined to a nursing home with limited contact beyond her own nursing staff, is less likely to infect other people than the nursing staff who takes care of that 103-year-old.

I also think that the 103-year-old confined to a nursing home is less at risk of becoming infected, than a member of the nursing staff, who don't have such confinement or restrictions of movement and interaction with other people.

It has nothing to do with age. It has everything to do with functionality. A 26-year-old who is unable to care for himself, but requires a medical staff to care for him, needs to know that his medical staff won't be bringing COVID to his bedside. And he needs to know that his medical staff will be healthy enough to keep him alive. Even if his medical staff is older than he is.
Have you looked at the number of deaths that have occurred in the nursing home population? If you speed up the vaccination of those most at risk of dying, you will have a better chance of lowering deaths.

Old 01-05-2021, 05:36 AM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
wait your turn, quit whining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida