Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 06:41 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
So now it's 25?

By the way you are the one who came to the Florida section to continue the argument.

In all of my posts I have said 64 and YOUNGER, not 25, not 30.

Anyone here, on vacation, 65 and older, is stealing a vaccine from a Florida resident that is 64 or younger. Furthermore if they live here 51% of the year, I'm fine with it. Anyone below 51% should be forced to get the vaccine in their own HOME town.

75 and Older is NOT the debate here. 65+ going on vacation during a GLOBAL PANDEMIC and then expecting that state to pander to them while at the same time stealing a vaccine from the local 65 or younger crowd is about the most selfish thing that can be done. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CONSIDER THAT STATES ARE SHIPPED VACCINES BASED ON THEIR FULL TIME RESIDENT NUMBERS.
Jeeze. So angry.

Are you sure 75 and older isn’t the debate? Your narrative has been anyone out of state, regardless of age. This means your narrative would put a 75 year old MA resident that spends 5.5 months in FL behind a 25 year old Publix employee. You seem to be changing your demands, so feel free to clarify.

Regardless, thank God this isn’t how it works - in any state. To demand DeSantis require residency is nothing short of reprehensible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 06:43 PM

Ha. Did you just quote the SunSentinel as a reference? That may be one of the most biased, untruthful “news”papers in the nation, perhaps the world. Try again.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:48 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,785,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Jeeze. So angry.

Are you sure 75 and older isn’t the debate? Your narrative has been anyone out of state, regardless of age. This means your narrative would put a 75 year old MA resident that spends 5.5 months in FL behind a 25 year old Publix employee. You seem to be changing your demands, so feel free to clarify.

Regardless, thank God this isn’t how it works - in any state. To demand DeSantis require residency is nothing short of reprehensible.
So I have friends in CT who are teachers, they are getting vaccinated on Jan 11th. A full six months before Teachers down here. I think I saw somewhere that you already had corona so maybe you don't care. Would you be okay with me coming back to CT, getting the vaccine and taking it from a resident of CT who doesn't happen to be in one of the first groups of CT to get it? AKA the majority, I believe 65 and younger? Is that okay with you that an out of state teacher could simply drive to CT and take a dose that was really meant for a CT resident? Not that I am a teacher, but I do have friends in this exact situation.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:48 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times
Quote:
Ha. Did you just quote the SunSentinel as a reference? That may be one of the most biased, untruthful “news”papers in the nation, perhaps the world. Try again.
I didn’t quote it. I referenced it. And I’m a subscriber to the Orlando Sentinel, which is the same company.

Given the national and international outlets with the same story when doing a Google search, it wouldn’t be wise to discount the claim because one disagrees with their editorial staff. I don’t always agree with The Wall Street Journal’s editorials, but they put things of value out there. I’m not a blind political loyalist.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
I didn’t quote it. I referenced it. And I’m a subscriber to the Orlando Sentinel, which is the same company.

Given the national and international outlets with the same story when doing a Google search, it wouldn’t be wise to discount the claim because one disagrees with their editorial staff. I don’t always agree with The Wall Street Journal, but they put things of value out there. I’m not a blind political loyalist.
Respect that you’re not a blind political loyalist, but the SunSentinel is about as awful as you can get.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
So I have friends in CT who are teachers, they are getting vaccinated on Jan 11th. A full six months before Teachers down here. I think I saw somewhere that you already had corona so maybe you don't care. Would you be okay with me coming back to CT, getting the vaccine and taking it from a resident of CT who doesn't happen to be in one of the first groups of CT to get it? AKA the majority, I believe 65 and younger? Is that okay with you that an out of state teacher could simply drive to CT and take a dose that was really meant for a CT resident? Not that I am a teacher, but I do have friends in this exact situation.
Of course I would. Vaccinate everyone and anyone. This is a medical process, not a political game.

And that’s why, for the life of me, I can’t understand your anger.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:58 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,785,035 times
Quote:
Of course I would. Vaccinate everyone and anyone. This is a medical process, not a political game.

And that’s why, for the life of me, I can’t understand your anger.
I have friends and family who are being put in harms way because they are being forced to go into work, not work remote, cannot quit because they need to pay their rent and then to top it all off 1000's and 1000's of tourists (SOME FROM CANADA) are on their way down to take the vaccine that could be life saving because of the circumstance they are in. No one is hiring for remote work. Any other job they get will have them interacting with the public even more than teaching or what they are currently doing.

I would not be angry if our idiot governor just stuck to CDC guidelines.

Removing teachers and front facing workers from Group 1B (in FL) is what has me angry. Then adding in the fact that we have a limited number of vaccines based on full time resident status going to every Tom Dick and Harry coming from all over the nation and other countries getting it in group 1B just fuels the fire.

If I was a CT resident and I found out that teachers from other states could jump the line and take vaccines that were supposed to be given to CT residents, I'd be angry about that as well.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:02 PM

Quote:
I have friends and family who are being put in harms way because they are being forced to go into work, not work remote, cannot quit because they need to pay their rent and then to top it all off 1000's and 1000's of tourists (SOME FROM CANADA) are on their way down to take the vaccine that could be life saving because of the circumstance they are in. No one is hiring for remote work. Any other job they get will have them interacting with the public even more than teaching or what they are currently doing.

I would not be angry if our idiot governor just stuck to CDC guidelines.

Removing teachers and front facing workers from Group 1B (in FL) is what has me angry. Then adding in the fact that we have a limited number of vaccines based on full time resident status going to every Tom Dick and Harry coming from all over the nation and other countries getting it in group 1B just fuels the fire.

If I was a CT resident and I found out that teachers from other states could jump the line and take vaccines that were supposed to be given to CT residents, I'd be angry about that as well.
Lol - you’ve made it clear you’d be angry, as evidenced by your responses.

And what misguided and selfish anger, that is.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:51 PM

1,067 posts, read 623,945 times
Quote:
Where did you see that it will be 6 more months for teachers? Teachers are including in the group with firefighters and law enforcement.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...vid-19-vaccine

Old 01-01-2021, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
Where did you see that it will be 6 more months for teachers? Teachers are including in the group with firefighters and law enforcement.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...vid-19-vaccine
That poster is going off on a tangent in multiple forums spreading information that’s not completely accurate, demanding FL’s governor adhere to a residency requirement no other state has a adopted (nor is it legal).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida