Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 06:01 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Yup, seems the left feels they must discredit DeSantis any time and anyway they can, even when they have to "cook" their criticisms, ie, fabricate them as has been shown with every one they have come up with.

All they do is make themselves look like petty fools when they do this, but I doubt they'll ever learn.
The Libs are soiling themselves over the prospects of DeSantis seeking higher office. Thus, the constant attacks. I wear it as a badge of honor. It tells me "hey, this guy could actually become our next President".

A Trump look alike w/o the mean tweets..oh my! Melting snowflakes everywhere.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:25 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The Libs are soiling themselves over the prospects of DeSantis seeking higher office. Thus, the constant attacks. I wear it as a badge of honor. It tells me "hey, this guy could actually become our next President".

On the money ^^^^

Old 10-24-2021, 07:45 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

I agree, though I don't think DeSantis looks like Trump. I also hope any aspirations he might have as President come after his second term as governor of FL.

Old 10-25-2021, 05:16 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I agree, though I don't think DeSantis looks like Trump. I also hope any aspirations he might have as President come after his second term as governor of FL.
Points well taken. "Look-alike" was a poor choice of words on my part.

So, what was I trying to express? Both put American voters' personal rights & freedoms ahead of government rule, & are unafraid...unrelenting, in expressing these core values. Both will counter-attack those who threaten our God given liberty, rights, & freedoms....better?

As a Floridian, I'd like to keep DeSantis here for a 2nd term too, but America may need him worse. The rest of America needs the same covid response DeSantis has brought to FLA...too many people are dying, & personal freedoms trampled. DeSantis has found a palitable balance, his approval ratings would say.

Besides, who else is there? Trump's spending repels me, & true Conservatives, but there's not many of us anyways The only 2 politicians that I trust to not spend Trillions we don't have, is Rand Paul & Thomas Massie, but they are far from being Cool and afterall, the Presidency is a popularity contest...which is why we're $29T in debt.

I'm unsure how DeSantis would reign in Federal spending, even if he had a Republican House & Senate. The Republicans are 'uge spenders. Will he stop it? We know Trump won't.

Old 10-27-2021, 03:12 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Florida Tied for Lowest Daily Coronavirus Cases Per Capita in the U.S

”The Sunshine State, which came under tremendous criticism from members of the far left throughout the pandemic, is now tied with Hawaii for having the lowest coronavirus case rate per capita, according to the New York Times’ case map last updated Wednesday.

Both states are reporting 9 daily average cases per 100,000. That represents a 39 percent drop in cases for Florida over the last two weeks. ”

”Meanwhile, notoriously blue states, even those which still have mask mandates in place, are reporting a higher volume of cases per capita. Illinois, for example, which still has a statewide mask mandate in place per Democrat Gov. J.B. Pritzker, is reporting 17 cases per 100,000. Washington, DC, which also has a mask mandate in place, is reporting 12 cases per capita.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s (D) Michigan is reporting 38 cases per 100,000, Gov. Tom Wolf’s (D) Pennsylvania is reporting 30 per capita, and Gov. Kathy Hochul’s (D) New York is reporting 19 per capita — three states which implemented severe restrictions throughout the pandemic last year and revived some of those mandates this year as well.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ta-in-the-u-s/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

Old 10-27-2021, 03:42 PM

13,619 posts, read 7,932,752 times
Fake news! Every time I go into Florida I see people dropping dead everywhere and corpses lining the streets!

It's a HEALTH CRISIS people!!!!!

Everybody PANIC!!!!!!!!!!

I can't feel safe until YOUR freedoms are taken away! It's all about MEEEEEE

Old 10-27-2021, 06:42 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
How did Florida end up with one of the best COVID-19 case and death rates in the US despite Gov Ron DeSantis refusing to implement mask or vaccine mandates?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-rates-US.html

Old 10-27-2021, 10:59 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
DeSantis gets a lot of credit for the 60k Floridians that have died. Let's not forget that Florida is fudging their covid numbers too. Also, many DeSantis loving households do not test for covid even when they are sick. It is a scarlet letter that they don't want to wear. In their rational, testing for covid is admitting that is it real

Old 10-28-2021, 01:59 AM

9,364 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
... many ... do not test for covid even when they are sick. It is ...
I know plenty of people - who wittingly or unwittingly pay ZERO attention to two-bit actors in political theater from any side of the stage - who got sick and did not bother testing - or perhaps tested positive and said and did nothing - mainly because it was no big deal and they got over it relatively quickly.

I also know people, or relatives of people, who died from it.

I also know people, or relatives of people, who went to hospital and recovered.

I also know people who took the mitigative shots and still got sick a few months later anyway.

I also know people who had a few symptoms, never tested, but rushed to shoot up Regeneron anyway.

I also know people who haven't been sick at all over the past 20 months or so.

Most of these people pay ZERO attention to political theater, and those that do are spectators from all sides of the stage.

... It is a crap shoot.

And part of it is seasonal.

All the best!

Old 10-28-2021, 06:16 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Nurse hours are being cut severely right now because there are currently TOO MANY nurses in the state, primarily due to all of the travel nurses that took on contracts here during the Covid surges. Covid numbers are down, and so are hospitalizations -- drastically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: