Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:31 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times

Advertisements

I would not call it easiest, just from my perspective most logical. I am from FL and would rather live there then the theocratic and oppressivly boring TN, but living cost is cheaper and I am in college, plus that whole in-state tuition thing.

Most businesses fail, I would highly suggest you take some business classes and financial classes before starting a business. It is pretty hard to do and can drain you financially in a second.

You have to be kidding me about the plane ride. from Athens to London to Chicago is less than 12 hours, its not that big of a thing, you can be home from about anywhere in the world in less than 24 hours.

I would not call it lose/lose, trust me, it really can be much worst, at least you have options open to you somewhat now and defintly in the future, just don't be in such a hurry.

Talking your life is bland, I live in east TN!!!!!!!! The most boring place in the world! I went from high flying living in the islands of Greece and the fast pace of London to the backwards, theocratic east Tennessee whose poeple think that a great time is shopping at Walmart and a crazy time is getting a double cheesburger at McDonalds on a saturday night.

But my mom lives in FL, a nice 12 hour trip once a month keeps my spirits up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 10:46 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,576,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I would not call it easiest, just from my perspective most logical. I am from FL and would rather live there then the theocratic and oppressivly boring TN, but living cost is cheaper and I am in college, plus that whole in-state tuition thing.

Most businesses fail, I would highly suggest you take some business classes and financial classes before starting a business. It is pretty hard to do and can drain you financially in a second.

You have to be kidding me about the plane ride. from Athens to London to Chicago is less than 12 hours, its not that big of a thing, you can be home from about anywhere in the world in less than 24 hours.

I would not call it lose/lose, trust me, it really can be much worst, at least you have options open to you somewhat now and defintly in the future, just don't be in such a hurry.

Talking your life is bland, I live in east TN!!!!!!!! The most boring place in the world! I went from high flying living in the islands of Greece and the fast pace of London to the backwards, theocratic east Tennessee whose poeple think that a great time is shopping at Walmart and a crazy time is getting a double cheesburger at McDonalds on a saturday night.

But my mom lives in FL, a nice 12 hour trip once a month keeps my spirits up.
Yeah the whole concept of in state and out of state tuition really sucks. It makes moving around just almost...impossible really. I have to pay for college myself, so out of state tuition really wouldn't work for me.

I know many many businesses fail, but me and my friend are pretty creative in our thinking. Haha

About the plane ride thing: Still, 12 hours, and all the transfers is something I wouldn't want to do every year. Too much time at airports and the like. I'd rather fly across the country than across the atlantic (or even worse, the pacific).

I may have been exaggerating about the lose/lose, but still, that is how I feel sometimes. Part of me IS in a hurry, because I'm thinking a prime time to go would be in the next couple years. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the economy is going to go even further down the toilet, so houses may get even cheaper, and somehow miraculously I'll end up with a good job. I can wish, right?

Trust me, life here is bland unless it's summer. The winters here are COLD. I mean COLD COLD COLD. That means you can only be outside for...well, not too long. It can be that type of cold as well that bites at your face, and makes your face numb. Agh. In the summer, yeah, life is lively. I'm much happier then, but I don't want to be happy just 3 months out of the year. That's the part that's getting pretty bland to me.

But I understand, TN must get kind of boring as well. Well, one good thing about that though, is that you don't have to go through 40 below windchill every winter for a few weeks.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:03 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,032,562 times
Come on down then, and give it a try. What do you have to lose? This is the time in your life to try these things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida