Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:59 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times

Advertisements

Perhaps Maitros is sour on Palm Coast because his golden goose stopped laying golden eggs when the construction boom ended.

And I agree with Tee and SSG that construction needs to be kept to a minimum for a while. Although I'm noticing many less "for sale" signs lately. I saw a report that home sales in Flagler county rebounded a bit in April and May.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 04:26 PM

93 posts, read 371,034 times
Pirate Girl...it is not Matiros who is sour on Palm Coast, it is ssgII who has problems. Matiros started this thread saying how nice it is.

We sold a property last month and our realtor said home sales were up 16% in Palm Coast...probably due to the nice lower prices. Sure hope it keeps up.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:50 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,764,885 times
What is the "K" section like? My former daughter-in-law just moved with my grandson to a new home there and he will now be going to Bunnell Elementary instead of Old Kings. Any comments? I just want them to live in a quiet, safe neighborhood and for my grandson to go to a good school (not that I have any choice in the matter), being a school teacher myself.
Thanks for any input....

Old 07-04-2008, 09:10 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman10 View Post
Yes, there are some homes and duplex areas in PC that are not being kept up, I'm sure that is true in "all" cities right now. Luckily, it is not the majority here. That is the important part. The unkempt homes are in the minority. Yes, we should call code enforcement to take care of any problems.

I drive through many areas of PC also and the majority most definitely take care of their homes. We don't have blinders on but we aren't doom and gloom either.

Buyer beware applies everywhere and everyone should have a home inspection done.

I know about the duplex sections as I own one in a duplex area in the B section of Palm Coast. Luckily again, the other duplex's in our area are kept up better than some other's I've seen.

We watched our home being built and know for a fact it's well built and I'm sure there's plenty out there that are.

Personally, I would like the home building to stop for awhile in order to sell the back log of homes presently on the market. This would help everyone.
Thank you. At last a realist.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:40 PM

50 posts, read 194,833 times
I am a realist too......but I don't think the sky is falling.....anyone thinking to buy in Florida should definitely be looking right now, prices are extremely low and it is a buyers market......

here is an example: The Conservatory 337 lots were sold to eager buyers at the peak of the market in 2005 for prices ranging from $329,900 to $529,900. One of these lots just sold for $85,000. Prices are really good right now... The average home is selling for right about $100 a foot, a few years ago the homes were selling for around $150 a foot.

Is it a utopia? No, but it aint bad either.... I think people need to check it out and see if it works for them.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:10 AM

460 posts, read 2,344,413 times
Wow, I guess I had just a really good experience when we moved to PC. We hadnt ever been here before and we found our house in craigslist.

We are in the process of buying right now as well. I dont know whether it will be the house we are renting or whether it will be another house. We must first see how much we qualify for.
There are sooo many good deals here right now and more popping up every day!

Old 07-24-2008, 11:58 AM

2 posts, read 5,892 times
Default Question

Hi, guys!

I am planning to move to PC next year. I built a house on one of the lots that I had. I want to sell the second lot though. I don't know what is the right price RIGHT NOW. It is on Kaywood Pl.
Pls, I need an advice. Maybe, you know someone who is looking for a land. I want to sell by owner. I am going to live nearby and I want nice neighbors.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:19 PM

58 posts, read 212,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksik1 View Post
Hi, guys!

I am planning to move to PC next year. I built a house on one of the lots that I had. I want to sell the second lot though. I don't know what is the right price RIGHT NOW. It is on Kaywood Pl.
Pls, I need an advice. Maybe, you know someone who is looking for a land. I want to sell by owner. I am going to live nearby and I want nice neighbors.
I would contact a local realtor for pricing advice or check online for lots for sale and see if there is one in the K section. Realtor.com may be helpful for you also.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Buyer beware! The large number of foreclosures and unemployment in Palm Coast should be considered first before buying a home there.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:30 AM

58 posts, read 212,503 times
Yes, unemployment is a big problem due to residential construction pretty much vanishing. That made up a huge portion of the jobs in this county as it was the fastest growing county in the nation for 3 yrs. There are other jobs available whether in PC or surrounding areas. I'm glad that construction has slowed so maybe the backlog of homes can now be sold.

Foreclosures are everywhere in the US and if a person is in the market to buy, possibly a foreclosure might be the best deal. There are definitely some awesome deals out there. BUYER BE SMART!

Anyone moving should have a job lined up, whether here or elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida