Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 03:15 PM

317 posts, read 1,229,709 times

Advertisements

I can't even begin to tell you how weird this job thing is going. Ughhhhhh. I will write again after I go pick up my son. I had everyone lined up for references and they had confirmed times with these folks today....then they never called. So, my references called them instead...and were told that they had left for the day. Yet, last night, they wanted to know if I could start March 16. No, I don't have an offer letter or even a salary figure.

I am so disgusted. I have spent 3 months talking/interviewing/researching for this job, and have interviewed with 12, 12!!! different people.

Me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 03:22 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
I am so sorry. Just know that we are here for you and no, it is not you, it is them.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:23 PM

232 posts, read 886,893 times
Nancy how aggravating can you get? I hope your job does not turn out to be as disorganized as they seem...maybe that is why they need you!!! To put some order into things!. Keep us posted. Oh, maybe during your first interview you should of brought up salary that seems to be an important part and a better time to negotiate terms. When I interview with someone that is one of the first things I find out before the interview is over...that way both sides know where each stands. Good Luck and sorry about the aggravation!

Old 03-09-2007, 03:26 PM

320 posts, read 1,130,246 times
What kind of job is it?

Old 03-09-2007, 03:29 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Nancy,

You don't think this is some candid camera-type thing do you? I mean, they surely wouldn't get your hopes up like that for a reality show.... but the whole thing is so surreal, that I just can't think of any other explanation.

It's weird!

Old 03-09-2007, 03:32 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
It does all seem very uncoordinated, and dare I say, unprofessional.
I hope you get things worked out to your satisfaction, one way or another.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:17 PM

436 posts, read 1,357,906 times
Nancy,
What a crazy company! Since they want you to start right away, it sounds like the references are only a formality and that is why they brushed them off....not to excuse them, just a thought. The job is obviously yours for the taking, but what I would do first thing Monday morning is call and inquire about that salary. Enough is enough and you need to know if all of this is worth it. Good luck....am with you.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:27 PM

Will they be paying your moving expenses? And have you been reimbursed for your interview-related travel expenses?

Old 03-09-2007, 06:18 PM

317 posts, read 1,229,709 times
hiknapster, shedav, chicken wing, hereinfla, cil, (where do you guys get these names from anyhow????!!!! )

Yes, it is very unprofessional, HAS been unprofessional, quite frankly, the whole way thru....remember, I never received any apologies anywhere along the way.

Yes, I sure will never enter into another interview without asking about the salary right up front whether it is right or wrong.

Yes, it feels like a candid camera thing.....but actually more like a SURVIVOR thing... I mean come on!

Yes, they are probably disorganized, but weird disorganized. They "pitch" themselves as soooo prim and proper...lots of rules...how to dress, etc., did more background checking on me than....I don't know....like if I were applying to some ..... don't want to even say it on here.

I had a glass of wine, and I am just going to mentally prepare myself for this not to happen. I AM done being a "pansy". I was desperate and I was/am acting like it. But I am done. They either come out with an offer or not. I am not going to do any more "interviews" like they asked me to do AGAIN next Thursday with two more new VPs because that is NOW where they think they would like to put me. Essentially, they have changed the position I orinially applied for 3 different times!

Anybody want a marquerita?

Margal, had you on my list as well. Thanks for responding. ......Must be the wine....!

Old 03-09-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Lynne View Post
hiknapster, shedav, chicken wing, hereinfla, cil, (where do you guys get these names from anyhow????!!!! )

Yes, it is very unprofessional, HAS been unprofessional, quite frankly, the whole way thru....remember, I never received any apologies anywhere along the way.

Yes, I sure will never enter into another interview without asking about the salary right up front whether it is right or wrong.

Yes, it feels like a candid camera thing.....but actually more like a SURVIVOR thing... I mean come on!

Yes, they are probably disorganized, but weird disorganized. They "pitch" themselves as soooo prim and proper...lots of rules...how to dress, etc., did more background checking on me than....I don't know....like if I were applying to some ..... don't want to even say it on here.

I had a glass of wine, and I am just going to mentally prepare myself for this not to happen. I AM done being a "pansy". I was desperate and I was/am acting like it. But I am done. They either come out with an offer or not. I am not going to do any more "interviews" like they asked me to do AGAIN next Thursday with two more new VPs because that is NOW where they think they would like to put me. Essentially, they have changed the position I orinially applied for 3 different times!

Anybody want a marquerita?

On the rocks with salt! I'm so sorry that you are going through all of this crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida