Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 05:32 PM

263 posts, read 575,131 times

Advertisements

Nothing suprises me anymore. I am trying to pull in my driveway (my house is on the left) and a car is right behind me, riding my butt (in my own subdivision!) Pretty normal actually. So anyway, my house is on the left and i am swinging into my OWN driveway. The car behind me (NJ TAG!) tries to freakin pass me and almost nails me as I am pulling into my driveway!!!!!!!! He slammed on his brakes to avoid hitting me! In my own driveway! He was trying to pass me to save, what 3 seconds as I pull in?

Freakin moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry had to vent, and this is just one instance and I;m not trying to generalize, but I saw the plate, and all I gotta say is "same people pulling the same crap, just a different day."

Old 02-24-2009, 05:50 PM

809 posts, read 2,317,109 times
Bad drivers are everywhere, but when pulling into your own driveway becomes hazardous, you know something is wrong.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:51 PM

158 posts, read 504,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooring Footers View Post
Nothing suprises me anymore. I am trying to pull in my driveway (my house is on the left) and a car is right behind me, riding my butt (in my own subdivision!) Pretty normal actually. So anyway, my house is on the left and i am swinging into my OWN driveway. The car behind me (NJ TAG!) tries to freakin pass me and almost nails me as I am pulling into my driveway!!!!!!!! He slammed on his brakes to avoid hitting me! In my own driveway! He was trying to pass me to save, what 3 seconds as I pull in?

Freakin moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry had to vent, and this is just one instance and I;m not trying to generalize, but I saw the plate, and all I gotta say is "same people pulling the same crap, just a different day."
You didn't use your turn signal to let him know you were turning? That's pretty rude.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:54 PM

24 posts, read 97,340 times
Now you know why the Auto Insurance premiums are high.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2Tampa View Post
You didn't use your turn signal to let him know you were turning? That's pretty rude.
I almost always use my turn signals. This jack a s s was riding my butt, and then I slowed down and hit my breaks for a couple seconds (an obvious sign that I am slowing down) and as I am pulling into my driveway I hear a screaching sound. He is trying to pass me on my left (on a one way street) as I am turning left into my driveway. Imagine turning into your own driveway and in the corner of your eye over your left shoulder you see a car coming at you trying to pass you as you are turning into your driveway. What a moron. And anyone who thinks I was "rude" for pulling into my driveway and making him waste 3 of his precious NJ seconds by waiting for me to pull in is a moron too. Nevermind the fact that he was riding my a s s in a 20mph zone and tried to pass me on a one way street.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
I almost always use my turn signals. This jack a s s was riding my butt, and then I slowed down and hit my breaks for a couple seconds (an obvious sign that I am slowing down) and as I am pulling into my driveway I hear a screaching sound. He is trying to pass me on my left (on a one way street) as I am turning left into my driveway. Imagine turning into your own driveway and in the corner of your eye over your left shoulder you see a car coming at you trying to pass you as you are turning into your driveway. What a moron. And anyone who thinks I was "rude" for pulling into my driveway and making him waste 3 of his precious NJ seconds by waiting for me to pull in is a moron too. Nevermind the fact that he was riding my a s s in a 20mph zone and tried to pass me on a one way street.
You just called me a moron for pointing out the obvious. Now that's extremely rude and unnecessary. Seriously dude, you whine way too much, but I won't generalize and stereotype and hold that against your place of origin nor your upbringing...

Old 02-24-2009, 09:36 PM

What was "the obvious?" You never asked me if I used my turn signals. Do you use your turn signals when turning into your driveway in your subdivision? I do, because we deal with a lot of morons who are impatient and will run your a s s over, whether your on a major highway or a 20mph zone in a subdivision.

I do apologize if you took offense to my previous post.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:36 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,214,024 times
Yep these kind of things happen only in Florida, what is going on with this state, tsk tsk. <sarcasm>

Old 02-24-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
What was "the obvious?" You never asked me if I used my turn signals. Do you use your turn signals when turning into your driveway in your subdivision? I do, because we deal with a lot of morons who are impatient and will run your a s s over, whether your on a major highway or a 20mph zone in a subdivision.
Well did you? You didn't mention it in your diatribe.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:43 PM

I did, as mentioned above. But dont you think slowing down so that I could make the turn would indicate that he would need to slow down too? Instead of trying to pass me on my left on a one way street as I'm making my turn.

It completely took me off guard, I mean, you wouldnt think that you'd have to deal with that kind of BS in your little subdivision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida