Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 05:37 PM

460 posts, read 2,344,413 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your replies! The town I am living in right now, LOL< has only 400 residents! We dont even have mail delivery here....you have to go to the post office and get it. Also no gas station, and no walmart, no other stores. The nearest town to me is 12 miles away and only has 7000 residents. It has a small walmart, not a Super, and 2 small grocery stores.

So....anything bigger than these 2 towns is BIG to me, LOL! I think Palm COast may be just right for us right now, at least for a year or so while we look at other areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 06:55 PM

12 posts, read 51,492 times
I love Palm Coast! My kids do, too!

Why not listen to your own feelings? Don't listen to people who have never lived there.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:05 PM

12 posts, read 51,492 times
Default Redwingsfan- THAT was uncalled for.

Actually, yes, I am a Realtor, and proud of it. But your remark about Realtors was uncalled for. I was NOT a Realtor when I moved here. I became a Realtor to share a wonderful place that I love. You can think whatever you want, but I know who I am, and what I stand for. If you live in Palm Coast, then you see what I say is true. If you don't like it, I'll gladly help you sell your house so you can leave.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:33 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieG View Post
I love Palm Coast! My kids do, too!

Why not listen to your own feelings? Don't listen to people who have never lived there.
People come to these forums LOOKING for advice from people that may not have ever lived in a place but are at least familiar with it or have been there.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieG View Post
Actually, yes, I am a Realtor, and proud of it. But your remark about Realtors was uncalled for. I was NOT a Realtor when I moved here. I became a Realtor to share a wonderful place that I love. You can think whatever you want, but I know who I am, and what I stand for. If you live in Palm Coast, then you see what I say is true. If you don't like it, I'll gladly help you sell your house so you can leave.
I've made that same comment about realtors in other areas of these forums. I've just noticed that realtors are always way OVER positive about the place they are talking about. I do believe that people should keep that in mind when they get advice from them. It's nothing personal, it's about all realtors.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:41 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
I'm not a realtor or involved in that business at all. But I have raised my son here since he was 4 years old and he is now 14. He has had outstanding teachers in this county. He went to Old Kings for Elementary - a great, close knit school. He is finishing his 8th grade year at Buddy Taylor Middle School and is very sorry to be leaving for FPC High School next year.

Despite what RedWingsFan says, my son is very well rounded and has participated in a vast array of extra curricular activities - all local.

Soccer, T-Ball, Baseball, Swim Team, Flag Football, Tackle Football, Art Classes, Foreign Language Classes, Boy Scouts, Music Lessons, Community Service Groups, Church Youth Groups, Skateboarding, and Surfing.

People do complain constantly that the town is "too large" and that kids have to be driven everywhere. That is true- but I enjoy watching my son's baseball games and other activities. Any parent that complains about taking their child to practices or organized activities is just lazy in my opinion.

When I first moved here 10 years ago it was from West Palm Beach. Several malls, great shopping and dining. It took me about 2 weeks to adjust- 30 minutes to the north are two outlet mall complexes in St. Augustine and 30 minutes to the south is the Daytona Mall. Both towns also have stores like Ross, Old Navy, Bed Bath and Beyond, Craft Stores, Sports Stores, etc....

When I want GOOD mall shopping (rarely) I can go north and in less than an hour be at the Avenues Mall in Jacksonville and south and in less than an hour be at the Seminole Town Center mall in Sanford.

I love the central location- you can't tell from a map, but we are so perfectly located here-

Airports- Daytona airport is 30 mins away- and Air Tran just started servicing here. the fares have gone way down. Orlando and Jax are each just over an hour- so when traveling I have 3 choices that are convenient for getting the best fare.

Activities- just over an hour to Disney, Kennedy Space Center, Jacksonville or Orlando for concerts, shows, plays, sports and museums. Old Town St Augustine is only 30 minutes away and a beautiful ride up A1A.

Boating, wildlife viewing- deer, bears, dolphin, manatees, whales, eagles, wild pig, bobcats, sea turtles, many rare birds......... we have several great parks in Flagler County and over a dozen more within 50 miles of here.

The city has grown by leaps and bounds- like keys said, some for the good, some not so good. I remember when I first moved here more than two cars at a red light was "traffic." It's not like that anymore. But the city and county infrastructure is intact and prepared for growth. Roads are being widened and town center is underway. The first phase is completed with the Publix. A large office building is almost done, and the big Target shopping center is supposed to open by year end.

I live in the E section- and there are lots of kids here. Each neighborhood is unique in it's own way. And you can find anything here from condos to duplexes to the traditional palm Coast alphabet neighborhoods to the quaint beach to the hammock's charm to gated neighborhoods on either side of the intracoastal. Even rural living is alive and well on the west side of the county- and a dirt road community of large beautiful lake front homes is another local gem on the west side of the county.

The best thing about Palm Coast is the people. Although we have grown immensely, we still maintain a small town feel. I cannot go to the ATM or the grocery store without seeing someone that I know. Lunch or dinner out is a guarantee to run into someone- kid's friends parents or a teacher or a neighbor or a neighbor's relative or a co-worker. I love feeling such a sense of community. And keys also mentioned the July 4 parade- it's reminiscent of what I recall from my childhood......lots of fun that weekend in Flagler Beach. We also have a Christmas and St. Pattys Day parade. There is amazing community support here as well. If one of ours needs help- due to illness or disaster, we pull together as one and help those people.

Just before Christmas a local landmark restaurant burned down. Over 50 people lost their jobs- many of them parents with children expecting Santa to visit in a week. This county mobilized and held several fundraisers to help those displaced employees. Money, toys, and goodwill reminded everyone what the holiday season is really about. And by New Years, every person who lost their job due to that fire had new jobs.........

I would never consider living anyplace else. I'm only 40- but am breaking ground on my retirement home here next month!

Old 04-30-2007, 04:36 AM

Wow, you really made it sounds great, you painted a wonderful picture of Palm Coast. Can you send me some MLS listings for houses? :-)

Just joking...I've been there several times to look at houses and no matter how cheap the houses or taxes are I won't move there. I don't like the place at all.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:49 AM

How many times do you need to repeat yourself on that? I see no less than 3 for four times just in this thread.

We get it- you don't like Palm Coast. You do not need to repeat that more than one time in each thread.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:31 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I'm not a realtor or involved in that business at all. But I have raised my son here since he was 4 years old and he is now 14. He has had outstanding teachers in this county. He went to Old Kings for Elementary - a great, close knit school. He is finishing his 8th grade year at Buddy Taylor Middle School and is very sorry to be leaving for FPC High School next year.

Despite what RedWingsFan says, my son is very well rounded and has participated in a vast array of extra curricular activities - all local.

Soccer, T-Ball, Baseball, Swim Team, Flag Football, Tackle Football, Art Classes, Foreign Language Classes, Boy Scouts, Music Lessons, Community Service Groups, Church Youth Groups, Skateboarding, and Surfing.

People do complain constantly that the town is "too large" and that kids have to be driven everywhere. That is true- but I enjoy watching my son's baseball games and other activities. Any parent that complains about taking their child to practices or organized activities is just lazy in my opinion.

When I first moved here 10 years ago it was from West Palm Beach. Several malls, great shopping and dining. It took me about 2 weeks to adjust- 30 minutes to the north are two outlet mall complexes in St. Augustine and 30 minutes to the south is the Daytona Mall. Both towns also have stores like Ross, Old Navy, Bed Bath and Beyond, Craft Stores, Sports Stores, etc....

When I want GOOD mall shopping (rarely) I can go north and in less than an hour be at the Avenues Mall in Jacksonville and south and in less than an hour be at the Seminole Town Center mall in Sanford.

I love the central location- you can't tell from a map, but we are so perfectly located here-

Airports- Daytona airport is 30 mins away- and Air Tran just started servicing here. the fares have gone way down. Orlando and Jax are each just over an hour- so when traveling I have 3 choices that are convenient for getting the best fare.

Activities- just over an hour to Disney, Kennedy Space Center, Jacksonville or Orlando for concerts, shows, plays, sports and museums. Old Town St Augustine is only 30 minutes away and a beautiful ride up A1A.

Boating, wildlife viewing- deer, bears, dolphin, manatees, whales, eagles, wild pig, bobcats, sea turtles, many rare birds......... we have several great parks in Flagler County and over a dozen more within 50 miles of here.

The city has grown by leaps and bounds- like keys said, some for the good, some not so good. I remember when I first moved here more than two cars at a red light was "traffic." It's not like that anymore. But the city and county infrastructure is intact and prepared for growth. Roads are being widened and town center is underway. The first phase is completed with the Publix. A large office building is almost done, and the big Target shopping center is supposed to open by year end.

I live in the E section- and there are lots of kids here. Each neighborhood is unique in it's own way. And you can find anything here from condos to duplexes to the traditional palm Coast alphabet neighborhoods to the quaint beach to the hammock's charm to gated neighborhoods on either side of the intracoastal. Even rural living is alive and well on the west side of the county- and a dirt road community of large beautiful lake front homes is another local gem on the west side of the county.

The best thing about Palm Coast is the people. Although we have grown immensely, we still maintain a small town feel. I cannot go to the ATM or the grocery store without seeing someone that I know. Lunch or dinner out is a guarantee to run into someone- kid's friends parents or a teacher or a neighbor or a neighbor's relative or a co-worker. I love feeling such a sense of community. And keys also mentioned the July 4 parade- it's reminiscent of what I recall from my childhood......lots of fun that weekend in Flagler Beach. We also have a Christmas and St. Pattys Day parade. There is amazing community support here as well. If one of ours needs help- due to illness or disaster, we pull together as one and help those people.

Just before Christmas a local landmark restaurant burned down. Over 50 people lost their jobs- many of them parents with children expecting Santa to visit in a week. This county mobilized and held several fundraisers to help those displaced employees. Money, toys, and goodwill reminded everyone what the holiday season is really about. And by New Years, every person who lost their job due to that fire had new jobs.........

I would never consider living anyplace else. I'm only 40- but am breaking ground on my retirement home here next month!

What in the HELL are you talking about? Are you working for the Chamber of Commerce?

The local "landmark" was in Beverly Beach, not Palm Coast. And a "dirt road community of lake front homes?" Would that be Mondex? (Ditch-front lots for double-wides.)
This is a well-written advertisment disguised as a post.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:24 AM

The entire COUNTY pulled together to help the Shark House employees.

And the lake front area I am talking about is Lake Disston.

It's pretty difficult to hold to your negative opinions when you know absolutely nothing about the area that you claim is so terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida