Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:09 PM

172 posts, read 857,034 times

Advertisements

people move here because of the illusion of "paradise" and all the other BS they seem to get from the area when they come here on vacation.

but what is paradise really, when you have to work over 50 hours a week for 10 dollars an hour just to keep food on the table and overpriced gas in the car?

cant enjoy "paradise" if your broke as hell.

people seeme to love this place, until theyve been here for a few months
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 12:51 PM

37 posts, read 162,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I live in St. Augustine and for the most part, I think my family and I have a better quality of life than we would in most states. We don't make a ton of money, but my husband has a decent job in IT. I am a stay at home mom with a happy 4 yr. old.

Why are we happy? Because we have fun here. On the weekends, we go to the Alligator Farm, walk around the grounds of the Fountain Of Youth. We rent a boat and travel down the intracoastal or we go to Vilano Beach and watch the dolphin jump, or we go to the various Folk Festivals or Seafood Festivals that happen throughout the spring and summer. Occasionally we drive 2 hrs. to Disney or Universal Studios.

I've lived in 5 other states and while they had their good points, I was always bored! Let's face it, Florida is more fun!

The employment opportunities here are very limited. I know how lucky we are to find our current niche here and I keep my fingers crossed that my husband keeps his job because finding another would be tricky. But people can be happy in Florida and raise a healthy family too!

Please send me an email, I tried to write you directly, but you must not have an email attached to your account. My husband and I are looking into moving to St. Augustine soon, and need as much advice from locals as possible, not a lot of help on the internet.
Thanks much

Old 05-18-2007, 08:47 PM

10 posts, read 22,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree66 View Post
The way I look at it life has it's struggles so why not struggle in Florida instead .
Right On!..From another Palm Tree admirer. Even tho I'm forced to live in horrible congested, cold Northern Va all of my life. I dream of coming down all of the time, but after a week or two vacation at St. Petes beaches, I miss home. I can't make up my mind. I loved your quote!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:07 PM

10 posts, read 22,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Dang, you figured me out atleast. That's why we moved here. The spanish tile.

Along with the TV show Hogan's Know Best.

Cat's outta the bag. It was the spanish tile & Hulk Hogan for us We had nothing else to base the move on.

The pics are sorta nice IMHO.
Hey I loved the pictures. The one with the spanish tiles on the rainy street really makes me want to Come on Down!..By the way, where was that pic taken?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida