Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 06:07 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times

Advertisements

A high of 50 during the DAY would be nice because that would Fall weather. I like Fall, but unfortunately that is not the case here. We have lows of 50 which happen in the middle of the night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 07:30 AM

284 posts, read 985,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
I will enjoy my 50 degrees over the 20 in NY thanks
i hear that , winter = dry skin , colds/flu , high heating bills , static electricity , mild depression, lack of motivation

Old 02-07-2010, 08:37 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC View Post
i hear that , winter = dry skin , colds/flu , high heating bills , static electricity , mild depression, lack of motivation
ROFL yup...Ahh Panic Im right there with you...We are glad we left NY when we did...

Last edited by Swimmom32; 02-07-2010 at 09:32 AM..

Old 02-07-2010, 09:12 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,696,446 times
it's 11am and it's still in the 40s here in central FL. and it's overcast so no sunshine. We have highs in the 50s multiple times during the winter months so idk what tanaples is talking about.

and the low temps don't occur in the middle of the night. the coldest Temps hit right before sunrise around 6-7am Which is around the time everyone goes out the Door for work or school. And it stays around the low temp for the first few hours after sunrise, which is the opposite in the summer when the temps sky rocket the second the sun comes up due to the humidity.

Last edited by GLS2010; 02-07-2010 at 09:21 AM..

Old 02-07-2010, 09:58 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,768,637 times
You can decide for me - I went to dinner last nite for my friends birthday - I wore a turtleneck dress with booties. Had to wear pantyhose - hade to wear the scarf that goes over your head a long wool coat and gloves - left dinner at 1:00a it was 17 out took me 10 minutes to warm the car up while I freeze inside - yuck -

dinner in Florida at the ame time

dress, shoes, light jacket and go!!

Old 02-07-2010, 10:33 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
Default You are in Central Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
it's 11am and it's still in the 40s here in central FL. and it's overcast so no sunshine. We have highs in the 50s multiple times during the winter months so idk what tanaples is talking about.

and the low temps don't occur in the middle of the night. the coldest Temps hit right before sunrise around 6-7am Which is around the time everyone goes out the Door for work or school. And it stays around the low temp for the first few hours after sunrise, which is the opposite in the summer when the temps sky rocket the second the sun comes up due to the humidity.
I am in SW Florida. We haven't had highs in the 50s here. A hundred miles can make a huge difference in the temps from one part of Florida to another.

A case in point. When we drove north the week before Christmas, it was 65 degrees at 3 AM in Naples, by the time we got to Jacksonville, around 8 AM it was 45 degrees there. See? I couldn't believe the difference.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:41 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I am in SW Florida. We haven't had highs in the 50s here. A hundred miles can make a huge difference in the temps from one part of Florida to another.

A case in point. When we drove north the week before Christmas, it was 65 degrees at 3 AM in Naples, by the time we got to Jacksonville, around 8 AM it was 45 degrees there. See? I couldn't believe the difference.
right so u cant lump all of florida into your COLD days or night...here in Boca it isnt as cold so my answer will stand while my friends and family ARE FREEZING in 10 inches of snow I will take my cool days and evenings here in florida with my palm trees..

Old 02-07-2010, 11:27 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times
Quote:
right so u cant lump all of florida into your COLD days or night...here in Boca it isnt as cold so my answer will stand while my friends and family ARE FREEZING in 10 inches of snow I will take my cool days and evenings here in florida with my palm trees..

You think people are jealous, but everyone I know here is loving the snow. We actually got nothing on LI for this "storm," but in general most people I know are going further north to vacation where there's snow and skiing.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:42 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,248,462 times
Quote:
Do you heat your pool ? It's been a little chilly up here to use the pool.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:44 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,768,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
You think people are jealous, but everyone I know here is loving the snow. We actually got nothing on LI for this "storm," but in general most people I know are going further north to vacation where there's snow and skiing.
I would ski but that is cold on your own terms - no one said jealous - just stating ones opinion is not right or wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida