Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:20 PM

21 posts, read 49,923 times

Advertisements

born in queens, ny..moved down to Miami Beach when i was 4, so dont remember much about that..but spent most my elementary/middle school days in north miam beach (dont miss it at all..too overpopulated for me) spent my high school/college days in davie (loved it back then but now of course it is also get over runned, everywhere u look, something is going up ..really how many strip malls do u really need?) then spent a brief time out by the glades..real west davie..loved waking up to the view of the swamp...eventually made my way up to eustis for my freedom days, really enjoyed spending my sundays over in mt dora..driving up and down the country roads of ocala and umatilla..got the friendlist folks out that way..then somehow i ended up back in davie briefly..my next step was north lauderdale (def not vaca destination...lock your doors people!) finally got out of there and settled into beautiful island living in North Merritt Island, love it here!! reminds me of the ole davie but with the island breezes..but sadly and happily, i guess its a tug of war of emotions, we will soon be residing in omond beach, just off beach street..i really look forward to that, i am familiar with the area, cause of fam in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 12:51 AM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,982 times
Lived here the first 22 years of my life in Miami and Tallahassee (while going to FSU). Then went to Colorado for 1.5 years for grad school, now back in Miami.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:30 AM

749 posts, read 2,438,961 times
Born in Clearwater. Lived in Pensacola, Port Richey and now Citrus County.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:28 AM

1,382 posts, read 3,801,312 times
My family moved to FL when I was 2, back in 1974.

I lived in Seminole County from 1974 -1995. Then I moved out on my own to Altamonte Springs and lived there for several years. After that, I moved down to Conroy Rd in Orlando and hated it there. Moved to a house in downtown Orlando (Colonialtown) for a few more years. Then back to the same apartment complex in Altamonte for another 1-2 years. Met my husband and moved to his house out in Clermont. We moved to North Georgia a few years ago but we are moving back to Clermont May 28.

We recently spent a day driving around Clermont over spring break and I just think it's such a gem. The downtown area is cute and seems to be doing ok despite the poor economy. (much better than our local downtown here in GA). The many lakes around Clermont are a real asset. The lakefront area is welcoming with the bike trail and triathalons. There is also a tiki bar that I intend to visit as soon as we get down there.

There are a lot of different housing options, from the newer subdivision with small lots and no trees to the older neighborhoods on the west side of Lake Louisa. Some of those have 1/2 acre lots and lake access/ community dock.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:57 PM

69 posts, read 283,342 times
I was born and raised in Jacksonville, I moved away when I was 21 and go back to visit every chance I get, I never intended to move away permanently, But I have now been gone for 18 years and stuck in this hell hole they call Texas. I never understood how wonderful life was there and how lucky I was to be able to call Florida home. Unfortunately once you leave it is a very hard state to move back to. Now I have a wife and son and we love the visit, but trying to get back once you are gone is tough. So to those who live there I envy you and maybe one day I can return to my beloved Gator country

Old 04-20-2010, 11:47 AM

31 posts, read 109,943 times
I'm mostly just a lurker on here but I'm a 4th generation native of Tampa, spent all 32 years in & around here. Grew up in Brandon when it was considered "out in the sticks". Moved up to Tampa Palms during college then back to Valrico for a few years then to Apollo Beach where I am currently. It looks like I'm in the minority when I say I wish I could get out of here. My heart has been in the Colorado Rockies since I was 8. My entire family lives around here though so I'm pretty sure we're staying put for awhile.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:56 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,486 times
I was born in Michigan but we moved to Naples when I was 6-7. I grew up in Naples, and then moved to Boca Raton for college in 1999. I ended up staying in South Florida (Coral Springs and Fort Lauderdale) for 10 years.. Love it there! Last January my husband and I moved to Asheville NC, thinking we wanted to get away from FL.... we were WRONG!!! This February, we discovered Ponte Vedra Beach, just SE of Jacksonville, and fell in love with the area. We are here now! I absolutely love it.

So... Ive lived in the following places:
Naples (Pine Ridge, Imperial Golf Estates, and Audubon Country Club.. this was all with my parents)
Boca Raton (FAU campus, Military and SW 18th, St Andrews and Glades areas)
Coral Springs (Wiles and 441, and Sawgrass and Atlantic areas)
Fort Lauderdale (Oakland and A1A, and Poinsettia Heights, off US1 just south of 26th areas)
Ponte Vedra Beach (Marsh Landing)

Old 04-25-2010, 10:07 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Fantastic question Rob!

It is interesting to see the natives and where they have lived.

The natives are very important part of everyone's decision making.

For those who want to move to Florida listen to them, they are a wealth of great information.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:55 PM

3 posts, read 4,395 times
Default Looking for Donna, Jerry, Aaron, Amy mayes...plz help!

Im looking for some family members....My Aunt Donna Mayes...Uncle Jerry mayes. cousins Amy and Aaron Mayes.....They lived on Dandridge drive in Deltona Florida...I believe they still do....they Im unable to get any contact.....ive not talked to my aunt in 20 yrs....im trying to find anyone who knows them....whomay contact me or them with a way for me to eventually get in contact with them....Thank you alll....

Old 06-12-2010, 02:36 PM

443 posts, read 896,095 times
I've lived in Hollywood for 58 years and have watched it go downhill over the past 20 years or so. Can't wait to move away from here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida