Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2008, 07:25 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,847,106 times

Advertisements

we have it on Fox

Old 12-23-2008, 07:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Boy that's something else! Thanks for the heads up and I wonder who's going to pay that water bill?

Old 12-23-2008, 07:40 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,847,106 times
It is I can barely drag myself away-my heart has been flip flopping. God bless those rescue workers.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:01 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,167 times
Cyn I hope you are feeling better... Kelsie, still praying.... Nomad....hoping for good results for that test.... and keeping ALL OF YOU in my prayers.....

Today is Diva's holiday party at school and as Room Mom I have to go in for it... and bring in the gift that I had to purchase for the class (and still waiting for the other parents to chip in on)... getting the oil changed on the car.... finishing the last minute stuff- those stocking stuffers I forgot... the groceries I missed.... the tights for diva's dress tomorrow night.... THOSE THINGS.... UGH... RUNNING AROUND DAY....

TONIGHT.... well.... I don't know.... We are going to be stuffing ourselves SILLY tomorrow. What should I do. I am thinking of keeping it light. Salads for hubby and myself and whatever strange thing the kids are in the mood for. I could really go for a salad to be honest (but I am ALWAYS up for a salad).... if only I could get Diva to become a bunny eater.... hmmmmmmmmm..... I think that is a serious longshot.... unless it was a salad of wax beans and brocolli... NO DRESSING.... LOL

Old 12-23-2008, 08:09 AM

849 posts, read 1,952,556 times
Good morning all. Brisket cooked all night, this morning woke up to the wonderful smell...

Cyn, you will be on my prayers. Glad they found nothing bad. That was scary for sure!

Nomad, hopefully good news on your son's biopsy soon. I'll be praying for you and your family also.

Last night was pork chops, baked potatoes, asparagus ad salad. Tonight, I think pizza. Too much going on and don't feel like all the cooking/cleaning. Our church has 6 identical Christmas Eve services tonight and tomorrow, we are going this evening. Tomorrow SIL's family, their BF/GF/kids are coming to dinner, there will be 15 of us, so I'll be busy cooking, last minute cleaning, etc.

DH and I will be doing our last minute shopping today.

No gym today or next few days...I'll be flabby.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:31 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,387,300 times
Default Biscotti

southdown-

I have never tried making Biscotti but I do want to. Here are some recipes that I found. Let us know how they come out.

Basic Recipe
Biscotti

"This is a simple, no frills biscotti. My friend at work gave this recipe to me. It's quick, easy and one of my favorite Italian cookie recipes."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 25 Min
READY IN 40 Min
Original recipe yield 3 to 4 dozen

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 eggs
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon anise extract, or 3 drops anise oil

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, beat together the oil, eggs, sugar and anise flavoring until well blended. Combine the flour and baking powder, stir into the egg mixture to form a heavy dough. Divide dough into two pieces. Form each piece into a roll as long as your cookie sheet. Place roll onto the prepared cookie sheet, and press down to 1/2 inch thickness.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on a wire rack. When The cookies are cool enough to handle, slice each one crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Place the slices cut side up back onto the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 6 to 10 minutes on each side. Slices should be lightly toasted.

Recipe makes 12 Large Biscotti

Cinnamon Mocha Biscotti Recipe #40395
Delicious Italian Biscotti recipe that tastes like a cup of fresh cappuccino. Great as a Christmas gift too. Just wrap a bisscoti in celophane and tie with a bow.
by 1Steve
1 hour | 15 min prep

12 -13 Large Biscotti

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon instant espresso or instant coffee granules
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup cinnamon baking chips (If cinnamon chips are unavailable in your area, use an additional ½ cup miniature chocolate morsels.)
Preheat oven to 325°F on convection bake setting.
note that if you do not have a convection oven setting baking times will have to be increased a bit at all stages in the recipe.
Combine butter, sugars and espresso or coffee granules in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add vanilla and mix briefly.
Add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix until well blended.
Fold in pecans, chocolate morsels and cinnamon chips.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Scoop dough out onto paper and form into a large rectangle, ¾-inch thick.
Bake 25 minutes, or until firm.
Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.
Use a serrated knife to cut the dough into ½-inch thick slices.
Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and return to the oven for 8 minutes.
Turn and bake 8 minutes more.
Remove from oven and cool completely on wire racks before storing in an airtight container.

© 2008 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. Recipezaar - Recipe index with thousands of free recipes

Good luck

Old 12-23-2008, 08:33 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,025 times
cyn, I am so happy to see that you are home and doing ok!! I have been keeping you in my prayers and will continue to do so until they know what caused the bleeding!!! I am thankful that you are back home, but please take it easy!!! Amber, I know that you will now be able to concentrate on your big 'gathering' and please know that you have also been in my prayers!! Being a daughter can cause as much worry as being a Mom!!

Old 12-23-2008, 08:34 AM

601 posts, read 1,903,922 times
Morning all..
Hope your doing better Cyn..
Happy Belated Birthday VPCats!
Nomad..your son is in my thoughts and prayers..hoping for the very best.
Went to bed last nite with a sore throat and this morning I have to admit I have a cold!!! Lots of baking needs to be done today in order to take it all
to DH's relatives tomorrow afternoon.
Had a pot roast last night with roasted carrots, onions and potatoes.

Meatloaf tonight!

Have a wonderful holiday everyone!!! Not sure how much time I'll have in the next few days to log on....Merry Christmas!

Old 12-23-2008, 09:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
My apologies for being OT but I thought this was worth sharing. In this past Sunday's NY Times Yoko Ono had placed a full-page ad, it was quite simple, "Imagine Peace" in 25 languages. Certainly a worthwhile thought any time of year and especially appropriate now.

And Hey!, who knows? There's no telling what/where the positive thoughts of many may lead to.

Now I'm going to imagine:

Carpaccio of Beef
Pancetta/Pea/Shrimp Risotto
A Gorgonzola Laced Salad
Tiramisu
Expresso
And of course wines to match

Old 12-23-2008, 10:12 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,574,375 times
I'm thinking real strongly about Mac 'n Velveeta with diced ham. Something green on the side. Pickled beets too maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink