Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2009, 06:49 PM

849 posts, read 1,953,533 times

Advertisements

Tonight we had ham steaks, baked beans, tator tots, corn in cream. What no green? Well I made some lemon bars earlier, so there's some vitamin C, right?

Old 01-03-2009, 06:52 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times
MBW - I love oxtail - when it is cooked with gravy and onions! There is a soul-food restaurant here that is mouthwatering! Of course, sometimes I have to direct them to give me the smaller cuts since they are much more tender than the larger!

Old 01-03-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
Tonight we had ham steaks, baked beans, tator tots, corn in cream. What no green? Well I made some lemon bars earlier, so there's some vitamin C, right?
Sounds good to me, Nikk!

Old 01-03-2009, 07:31 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,006,241 times
Tonight diced chicken and potatoes fried with corn. Topped with cheese and possibly sour cream.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Tonight diced chicken and potatoes fried with corn. Topped with cheese and possibly sour cream.
Tell me about this please?

Old 01-03-2009, 07:42 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,006,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Tell me about this please?
I just dice up a few red potatoes, a couple chicken breasts, and fry them in a little bit of corn oil. When they are about 1/2 way done I throw in some frozen corn and spice with whatever I feel like. When cooked I remove from heat and sprinkle with shredded cheese and cover until cheese is melted. Serve topped with sour cream if you want to. Most of my dinners are just things I think up that are quick and simple.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:13 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,227,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
I made a jumbalaya recipe I got from the forum here. I wish I could remember who listed it. It was delicious! She makes 1/2 chicken for DH and 1/2 shrimp for herself. I used the shrimp. Thanks much!
I posted a shrimp creole recipe here this morning (post #19817) and make 1/2 with shrimp for me and the other 1/2 with chicken for DH. Is that the one you made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post
Milanese steaks with dipped tomatoes, steamed bamboo sticks and asparagus tips. Add rice for hubby's dish.
This sounds delicious! Would you consider sharing the recipes for the steaks and dipped tomatoes, please?

We were too full for dessert, so we each enjoyed a lovely cup of Bentley's pomegranate tea instead.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:14 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
hawaiilover Welcome how did your nacho's taste?

Kats thanks for the mojo info I will have to look for the citrus one.

sterlinggirl I have never cooked with an electric pressure cooker either. No jiggles or hissing?

Lacey I have been around pressure cookers and canners all my life I have never seen or had one explode. They are a great asset to the kitchen I couldn't live without mine, well OK I could "live" but wouldn't want to if given the choice.

vcats I season then brown my meats before I pressure cook them they have plenty of flavor and so tender.

yankeegirl how did the roast come out?

MWBW my great gma always had some kind of soup on the back burner in the winter time. It was always welcomed when everybody came in from doing barn chores no matter what time of day it was.

elston those Hurst beans came from Indianapolis, IN thanks for supporting our local bean company! I agree with Kats and you throw out the ham flavoring packet.

vcats when one of my kids first started dog sitting they gave the dog my ham bone one time. Another time with a different kid and dog I lost 2 rib eye steaks being used as a reward for doing tricks.

burdell glad you are feeling better. Don't smack yourself too hard you might jar something loose maybe giving you more pain.

Suncoast Guy way to help the economy keeping those fast food joints in business.

bjh what no dessert?

southdown probably just as odd for me to still see leaves on our pear tree up here this time of year! Even have some leaves on our apple trees too.

Mission accomplished! Now we will have to wait a week to hear how surprised they were once home. Tomorrow after church will be lazy day since school starts back on Monday.

We had chicken fajitas, refried beans and rice picked up at our fav Mexican joint before heading home tonight. It was waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Taco Bell the night before by golly. The guacamole was better than mine tonight!

Old 01-03-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
I just dice up a few red potatoes, a couple chicken breasts, and fry them in a little bit of corn oil. When they are about 1/2 way done I throw in some frozen corn and spice with whatever I feel like. When cooked I remove from heat and sprinkle with shredded cheese and cover until cheese is melted. Serve topped with sour cream if you want to. Most of my dinners are just things I think up that are quick and simple.
Thanks! And I see that you are getting very near that shiny shiny star aren't you????? Well, early congrats from me so I won't forget!!!! Yay you!

Old 01-03-2009, 08:26 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,796,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
sterlinggirl I have never cooked with an electric pressure cooker either. No jiggles or hissing?
Nothing at all...I didn't even smell the beans until I let the steam out.
Now I'm wondering if I could cook a cabbage in there without stinking up the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink