Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 07:25 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Doc just called!!! New scrip being called in - we can go BUT have to check back as soon as home. I am so relieved and we will both sleep tonite. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! So happy to hear this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I just got back from the vet with Jack.....
I hope Jack will be fine.....will be thinking about you!

Made some clam dip, and darn if it doesn't look as if that is going to be my dinner!! Oh well, at least I am dipping it with whole wheat crackers!!!!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:27 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,916 times
Quote:

Doc just called!!! New scrip being called in - we can go BUT have to check back as soon as home. I am so relieved and we will both sleep tonite. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.
Wonderful news

Old 03-09-2009, 07:33 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson;7809852
[B
burdell[/b] ever think about moving to Indiana opening up a little food joint?
Although I've broken more than my fair share of rules the one that must remain unbroken is I will move nowhere with a harsher winter than I currently experience

I have thought about the possibility of a gelateria in my future though

Old 03-09-2009, 08:40 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,381 times
As always checking in late. Lacey that is great news. I had to smile while I typed that.
YL a weight loss is better than gaining any day Keep up the good work.
Made hub a meatball sub. Toasted italian bread with mozz melted on top. It looked really good. I had a shake...
Oh vacation here I come! 1 day and counting! NC here I come!! I am so excited to see my family!!! I told my brother I'll do all the cooking ha ha. His wife is not so interested in cooking. I really hope I can help spark an interest for her Then when I ge to CYN's she can sit back and relax. You wouldn't guess it, but we laugh alot toghther ha ha I will still be checking in and talking about what's for dinner

Old 03-09-2009, 08:43 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Quote:
O joyful day! And a restful night for both of you, with that worry put to rest at last. I will sleep better, too, knowing that you can resume your packing tomorrow, Lacey, despite the blizzard warnings. Now, refresh my memory - is your son driving up to pick you both up? And when is the big occasion - this weekend? Next? Want to be sure that I'm talking to the universe about you and your family at the right times, you know. Thank you so much for letting us know about it, in the midst of your busy-ness as you prepare!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:15 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Just realized that I was so tickled by Lacey's news I totally forgot the point of the thread....

Supper tonight was leftover hot-n-sour soup from the other day, even better leftover than it was the first day, plus Kung Pao chicken with brown rice. Mighty tasty, and just enough for a lunch for the spouse later this week.

And after we finished supper, spouse got out the food processor, the noodle press, mushrooms, onions, pork, and the noodle dough he made up before supper, and we made up about 70 pork, mushroom and onion vareniki for tomorrow night. That's way more than we need for dinner for four, especially as it'll also include borscht and golubtsi, so 50 of them are freezing for later meals. And while he was making the filling for the vareniki, I was making Monica's Lemon Nectar Cake for the birthday celebration.

So now the kitchen is a wall-to-wall disaster awaiting my attention, and instead of working on it, I'm sitting here gossiping about vareniki and borscht and golubtsi and lemon nectar cake. But since it's after 10 and my body is nowhere near accustomed to this time change, I'd best go get cracking. G'night, all, have a good one, see you in the morning.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:03 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
It is Tuesday for me now...Dinner planning we commence in my head...or maybe out of my head..I think pork should follow the fish that followed the beef. Before that was in a previous life and who knows....We have leftover asaparagus and lima beans....I may be ambitious tomorrow and do pork chops on the grill...

Old 03-10-2009, 12:45 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
To the theme tune of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (pun intended)

"Tragedy, tomorrow! Pizza, tonight! "

And there's some leftover for lunch tomorrow.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Good morning all-up at 4 as my brain was Happy Dancing from 3AM on-so I just gave in.

Thank you all so very,very much for your thoughts, prayers, being here for us. This is a great lull in this battle.

MWBW-we're driving, were leaving tomorrow but weather looks pretty bad so hopefully Thurs. Will spend Thurs night in WI so we can conquer Chicago early morning. Wedding is the 28th.

And yesterday my dress got to our daughter's-all's falling into place.

I was so excited last night I called my kids' twice-they really think I lost it.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:35 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Morning foodies!

amber that is nice of you to do the cooking while you are on vacation. Is it just you or your whole family going to NC?

Lacey anyway to leave ahead of that storm?

MWBW wish I lived closer to you to get some of these mighty fine cooking and food lessons.

skbs where are you?

I woke up to the smell of tomatoes reducing down it made my mouth water just smelling it. We have a swim meet tonight so those sausages are going to have to wait until Wed or so. Too early to decide what's for supper tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink