Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 05:16 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,745,369 times

Advertisements

DKVA too bad you didn't pop in earlier and say hi but glad you did now. Welcome and enjoy...best people in the world are here.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:20 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,745,369 times
Nomoresnow............a chickalobe is a Michelob

Old 02-25-2009, 05:24 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,191,581 times
The fridge is getting mighty sparse but there was a perfect combination of just enough celery, onion, carrots and garlic to use them all up in a big pot of chili. The house is smelling wonderfully of spicy spices Lookin forward to later after I enjoy some Dark Shadows dvd's

Old 02-25-2009, 05:25 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Mashed potato soup? I must have missed something very VERY important.

I mean, there are major carbs involved here that I MUST strap to my thighs toute suite!! Is there a recipe?
Oh my, yes - strap them carbs on, just like I do! They are SO good....

Mashed potato soup is comfort food from my childhood. The basic recipe was just sauteing some chopped onion in a little bacon fat, adding the leftover mashed potatoes, mushing around to get them softened up, then adding milk until it's soup-like. Spouse has taken it a step farther and starts with a few strips of bacon chopped up, then the onions, then the rest. WONDERFUL stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Lacey, hijack a sleigh and pick me up, I'll make up some Borscht (Russian) beet soup with a dollop of sour cream on top for skbs to distract her while we break into her garage (psst--SHE WILL NEVER KNOW WE WERE THERE) Then we can hightail it over to elstons' for Maine lobster and Yeungling, THEN we can go to George's for Cantonese and Yeungling, down to burdell's for Italian hot dogs, Celantano Ravioli, Italian bread and????? YEUNGLINGk Jax & Lisa's for So. mac & cheese, fried chicken, Yeungling, down to Kats in Ga. for Red Velvet cake & Yeungling, over to Noma's in Fla. for chocolate & Yeungling, down to Key West to see Juan & Marko in their nightly drag show at Aqua. (don't let skbs know). Over to Texas and debsi's tacos & Yeungling. Take a quick trip to see HG, Cw, MWBW, have a few Yeunglings with the girls before going over to Cyn's for cheese, crackers & Yeunglings.
Got the porch light on - how many gallons of mashed potato soup should we have ready?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post

Good news -- principal told me this morning that my job is secure and I'll be back next year! I am so relieved and happy -- yet I feel bad for the person that got let go. He has taught her for 10 years or something. I think they really want to build on the dance program though and I am happy about that.
Oh, gosh but I'm relieved to learn that, HighlandsGal! I've been worrying about you all week, hoping that it would fall your way. It's so hard to see others in the group let go, I know, but you deserve good fortune, too. It's a real testament to all your hard work that they'd keep the person with less than a year on the job over the one with a decade, so pat yourself on the back for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Well today was good. He's still draining so no liquids or solids yet. Maybe liquids tomorrow, solid Fri and home Fri or Sat with lots of antibiotics plus extra prescriptions to take with us and surgery definite when we return.

Headache for me but that's an after the stress headache.

How do I thank you all for your friendship, wishes and prayers? You are the very best.
Lacey, dear heart, thank you so much for sharing that good news. I knew that after all the universe has been hearing from me of late that things HAD to start turning around for my dear friends, and I am just so relieved for you. And in answer to your question, at least for myself, by helping others now, I am thanking those who have helped me in years past. And I know already that you do the same thing. We pay it forward, and we all come out ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
HI All

I've been reading this forum for a while-I feel like I know all of all you.This is my first post. You are all so warm and friendly.
Tonight is spinach lasagna.
Welcome to the greatest transcontinental dinner table you'll ever find! So glad you stumbled across us, and I hope you'll stay and share the laughter and tears along with the good food here. Hope to hear more from you soon!

Old 02-25-2009, 05:30 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
Wife just offered me some of her stash of butter pecan...Just couldn't say no....going to add a banana to it...Sorry Debsi....

Old 02-25-2009, 05:32 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Kelsie- Wow that sounds like a great plan. By the time you hit my place I can meet you with the motor home. I'm sure we can all fit. DH has to join us because I'm afraid to drive the monster. Lacey- shovel that driveway, lol. All aboard.

cw- Sometimes we get our days mixed up. Save it for for Friday. Good luck with your DH retirement. I've heard it can be very hard for the wives. I hope he has hobbies.

HG- Congratulations. I am so happy for you.

Jaxson- Thanks for the ideas. I like lentil "stew". Hmm, I might have to dig out that recipe. It's pretty old.

nms- OMG, a peanut butter parfait. now I am drooling.

DKVA- Welcome to a great place with lots of food and friends. It's the cheers of CD.

sg- Love it. I haven't had acorn squash since Thanksgiving. Now I might have to get some.

I am caught up. Tonight dinner was delicious. We have been on a diet in this house for a week and a half so it tasted like heaven. I made 3 oz. cheeseburgers using lean meat and 1/2 slice low fat cheese, fried onions(no butter or oil), and oven fried potatoes. OMG, it was so good and it wasn't bad in calories. I know you all think I'm nuts because I got excited over a cheeseburger, lol. I am thoroughly stuffed and happy.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:33 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Wouldn't that be a Michelob "light", lol?

Old 02-25-2009, 05:35 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Ah. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Kelsie- Wow that sounds like a great plan. By the time you hit my place I can meet you with the motor home. I'm sure we can all fit. DH has to join us because I'm afraid to drive the monster. Lacey- shovel that driveway, lol. All aboard.

cw- Sometimes we get our days mixed up. Save it for for Friday. Good luck with your DH retirement. I've heard it can be very hard for the wives. I hope he has hobbies.

HG- Congratulations. I am so happy for you.

Jaxson- Thanks for the ideas. I like lentil "stew". Hmm, I might have to dig out that recipe. It's pretty old.

nms- OMG, a peanut butter parfait. now I am drooling.

DKVA- Welcome to a great place with lots of food and friends. It's the cheers of CD.

sg- Love it. I haven't had acorn squash since Thanksgiving. Now I might have to get some.

I am caught up. Tonight dinner was delicious. We have been on a diet in this house for a week and a half so it tasted like heaven. I made 3 oz. cheeseburgers using lean meat and 1/2 slice low fat cheese, fried onions(no butter or oil), and oven fried potatoes. OMG, it was so good and it wasn't bad in calories. I know you all think I'm nuts because I got excited over a cheeseburger, lol. I am thoroughly stuffed and happy.

I understand, Ylisa. That's why we did DQ this afternoon!

MWBW, that mashed 'tater soup sounds SSOOOOOO good. gotta love bacon.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:35 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,090,460 times
I made a turkey chili. I used canned corn, red kidney beans and green chilies. I then added fresh a fresh green pepper, onions and garlic.

I purchased the ground turkey from a major grocery store instead of the local "farmer's market". I don't know why the texture is always different. The farmer's market ground turkey is more chunky like ground beef. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 02-25-2009, 05:37 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
OMG You guys are so wonderful I feel at home
This is home away from home and we share at each other's table daily.

Welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink