Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 10:14 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times

Advertisements

Well it is Thursday now for me...and dinner is fair game to plan...I really want to break out the pork chops so they don't spoil...I think them with mashed taters and pan gravy will be the start anyway.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:44 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Oh no don't let pork go to waste for sure.

I have been racking my brain on trying to come up with something I can put in the crock pot before I leave for the swim meet. Just might have to put some pork tenderloin in ours.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:08 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Busy doing taxes. Frustrating as there were many changes this year for us. Not sure I can even finish them myself-ugh. I don't want to take them in.

Sloppy joes tonight with fries and string beans. Well, actually last night, now.

Tonight, I am shooting for polish sausage and sauerkraut in the crockpot. It was so good the last time I cooked it, I am craving it again!

It is Thirsty Thursday and I did read some fine libations going around here!!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Oh no don't let pork go to waste for sure.

I have been racking my brain on trying to come up with something I can put in the crock pot before I leave for the swim meet. Just might have to put some pork tenderloin in ours.
I think there are enough for three meals in the package. New grocery add is out today....My favorite day of the week for shopping...Going to see if my mom will make and excursion with me...Hate to go alone...I can walk the store pushing the buggy and it doesn't look like a walker...

Old 02-26-2009, 03:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Morning all-another early wake up for me-so wish I could've done another hour or so.

YLisa-It's been a long time between cheeseburgers for me and I would be doing handstands if I had one!

Dxi-hope you were standing downwind!!!!

Jax-put your leftover beef,etc in the crock.

Molochai-Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your day.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:14 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
Yesterday it was pasta day. I cooked some linguine.

Fried some boneless/skinless chickenbreast in cubes with some bell pepper powder and cayenne pepper. Made a milky creamy sauce with it and it was yummie. Already had a plate of the leftovers for lunch today so tonight we'll probably only have some grilled sandwiches.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:20 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
For supper tonight ..... not really sure..... but a stir fry sounds good..... I might cut up some beef into thin strips.....marinate......and do in wok with vegetables.....got to look see if I have a steak I can slice up.

Oh I am on a roll......DP brought home fresh Udon noodles yesterday......and something called konyaku....I believe I can encorporate one or the other into my supper plan. (I am not too sure about how to prepare konyaku.)

Old 02-26-2009, 06:03 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Good morning my foodie friends! Everyone has been so busy up here!
Lacey, please take it easy today and be careful with that horrible weather expected there. Give my best to Mr. L and I am sending a prayer his way!
I have no clue what those items are you are talking about elston but if you are preparing it I am sure it will be wonderful!
Molochai..Happy Birthday!!!
Lots of fun and interesting posts here last night! I always manage to miss the evening news but do enjoy spending my mornings catching up!
Not at all sure about tonights dinner yet---still tossing around a few different ideas. Will post as soon as I figure it out!

Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 AM

77 posts, read 172,230 times
Tonights dinner will be chicken fried rice and an apple. This recipe is for one serving..

Ingredients
  • 3 oz. boneless chicken breast
  • 1 1/2 tsp. canola oil
  • 3 tsp. lite soy sauce
  • 2 green onions
  • 1/3 bell pepper, green
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 2/3 tbsp. sliced almonds
Directions:
Prepare rice according to recipe directions; set aside. Rinse and pat dry chicken; cut into strips on a separate cutting board. On a separate cutting board, chop bell pepper and green onions. Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. In a small bowl or cup, lightly whisk egg and add to pan. Cook, stirring often, until set, about 2-4 minutes. Remove egg from pan and reserve. Add oil skillet and quickly sauté the chicken strips for about 4-5 minutes; remove from pan and set aside. In same skillet, add vegetables; stir-fry until crisp tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add cooked rice, chicken, scrambled egg, garlic powder and soy sauce and continue to stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes. Mix in the sliced almonds and serve.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:31 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Last night's mashed potato soup was wonderful, and I was a very, very happy camper. Spouse made up grilled cheese sandwiches with some good sharp cheddar to go with, and it made a wonderful supper. There's about one lunch's worth of soup leftover, so guess what's in my lunchbox today??

As for tonight, I haven't the faintest clue. Got an appointment after work tonight, so won't be getting home til around 7, and that's just too far away at this point to be thinking about supper. We'll see what the day brings.

Have a great day, all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink