Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 12:21 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
HG, what musical are you putting on?
"Oliver!" -- not my favorite.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:24 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
My Dad looooooooooves to say "Please sir, may I have some more?" in his best bad English accent and then break into a rousing round of OLIVUH, OLIVUH, NEVAH BEFOrE DID A BOY ASK FOR MORE!"

I bet you're glad he won't be in your audience tonight.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:26 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,249,488 times
Lisa, lock the door, pull the blinds, make the dog come in, put jammies on, light a fire, grab a book & don't answer the phone for the rest of the day.
Hubby came home for lunch and said the stupid bus pulled up to the HI store yesterday and still today hadn't come back to pick up the people. The New Moon was Tuesday night, they are all out there.

I had my hot before h came home for lunch. I changed his lunch, hm turkey soup with pastina, broiled plain Talapia & white rice. (dry & bland). It looked absolutely tasteless.

I am having some chili and Fritos now. I have to have these things while I am alone.

I am going to broil a boneless chicken breast for h for dinner, with beets (which he hates) and rice pilaf. Some of our Foodie Friends sent me over a gall bladder web site yesterday and there is a recipe for Green soup, which I am going to make up for him also. Cucumbers, zucchini, parsley, celery. Doesn't that just sound lovely. I will let you all know.

Have a wonderful afternoon. kelsie

Old 02-26-2009, 12:30 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,249,488 times
Oops!! Thank you all for the thread, I forgot to take my hormone pill last night.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:42 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Lisa, lock the door, pull the blinds, make the dog come in, put jammies on, light a fire, grab a book & don't answer the phone for the rest of the day.
Hubby came home for lunch and said the stupid bus pulled up to the HI store yesterday and still today hadn't come back to pick up the people. The New Moon was Tuesday night, they are all out there.

Have a wonderful afternoon. kelsie

Wow, I second this Lisa!! In fact, it sounds so good, I might even do it myself and I haven't gone anywhere!!

I have my sausage and sauerkraut in the crockpot-smelling great!! I really could use some more sausage, but it will have to do. I don't feel like fighting the peeps at the store. Maybe tomorrow.

Pork stirfry does sound good and I have some leftover pork frozen. May just have to head out tomorrow for the stuff for that.

Enjoy your day!!

Old 02-26-2009, 12:55 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
At least you are home Lisa...we are just heading out--ugh! We have our typical PO run and then DH informed me we need to pick up some items at the store--ugh! I just don't like leaving at this time of day to go to the store!! Everyone will be there! He said he is out of some goodies he enjoys so I may as well pick up a few items I can use around here so I won't need to go back tomorrow. Oh well, we'll probably have to go back for some silly reason anyhow!! I enjoy mornings and doing all our running around in the mornings but he has to get his sales online all done and ready to go so we can't go until this time of day.
I can't believe so many of us are taking meds for one reason or another!! We must support the Big Pharmas!!! I have to take one Wellbutrin in the morning and one in the afternoon and then a Trazadone each evening to help me to sleep "because" of the Wellbutrin. I have cut my dose back so much with the Wellbutrin that I don't really think it does much....but just in case I take it so I don't get depressed. But I think it's depressing taking them so I'm just about ready to lose them! Ha!
Anyhow, looks like DH is ready to go to town----oh joy! Will check in later...........

Old 02-26-2009, 01:08 PM

48,142 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Oh, years ago....my youngest son played The Artful Dodger in their HS production....I loved it!

Old 02-26-2009, 01:26 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,403 times
Good afternoon!

I am addicted to Facebook.....time just flies by!

I went out to lunch with a GF, Chinese food, I am stuffed. I am not sure what I will have for dinner. It will be up to DH where he wants to go.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:31 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,778,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Oops!! Thank you all for the thread, I forgot to take my hormone pill last night.
My loved ones don't like it when I forget my hormone pill. I give my dog 6 different meds every morning so I take my pill at the same time. I never forget his medicine. Isn't it funny how you can remember to take care of everyone else easier than yourself?

Old 02-26-2009, 01:43 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
My Dad looooooooooves to say "Please sir, may I have some more?" in his best bad English accent and then break into a rousing round of OLIVUH, OLIVUH, NEVAH BEFOrE DID A BOY ASK FOR MORE!"

I bet you're glad he won't be in your audience tonight.
ROTFLMBO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
My loved ones don't like it when I forget my hormone pill. I give my dog 6 different meds every morning so I take my pill at the same time. I never forget his medicine. Isn't it funny how you can remember to take care of everyone else easier than yourself?

I can relate, Jessie. See....we women are caregivers and always take care of others better than we do ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink