Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 09:19 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,745,369 times

Advertisements

gym rat.........I used to let my kids cook with me when they were very young and now my grandsons but today my son loves to cook and is so good at it....my daughter let's just say she has a sign in her kitchen that says when the smoke alarms go off dinner is ready...LOL
She tries very hard to master it and is getting good at it.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,249,488 times
Lacey, are you going to the hospital today? How is Mr. L doing this morning?

I am going to have a Hebrew National Hot dog, with chili, red onions, sauerkraut mustard and relish on a toasted buttery roll before h comes home for lunch with v-8 peach & mango fusion.

The dinner last night was so good, but we all felt guilty, my friend had a large bowl of New Orleans gumbo with old bay and fried potato chips, her husband had a large toasted jumbo lump blue crab club sandwich and h/m she crab soup. My husband was going crazy. I think until the results of the ultra sound come back we will stay home. The Sam Adams, Bud & Yuengling were flowing nicely.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:28 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Tonight I have marinating right now the baby backs with Lacey's suggestion of BBQ sauce with jelly and I will cook on low and slow all afternoon.

I am also going to start a batch of spicy bread pudding. I have a lot of bread leftover for some reason and I'll put it to good use. I've already let my son know to come on over and get some. His favorite.
I just made some bread pudding that was on Giada on Wed. She called it Strawberry Strata. It's pretty good, but it needs a sauce or ice cream over it. I have 1/2 in my freezer for another day, so when I make it again I'll make some type of strawberry sauce, probably.
Tomorrow I go to my daughter's for the weekend to see the grandkids. It is a vast food wasteland there. I swear she must have been switched at birth, because she does not cook anything that is very good...Market Day foods and frozen pizzas. I just don't get it. She says it's because her DH and kids don't appreciate when she makes anything good, but I think they would eat whatever she put in front of them. This child was raised on homemade foods. I do not comment about it, since I don't want my visits to be about my nagging her, but I will offer to cook if she's too busy (I hope she will be), and I will be bringing them a homemade cake. May the Gods of Motherhood help me to butt out (but part of me is thinking if I don't tell her what I think then she'll I think it's OK).

Old 02-26-2009, 09:32 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
GentleArts-our grands are looking forward to oue visit as they know G-Ma will be cooking. My daughter's kitchen appliance is the phone!

Yet my son cooks every night. Go figure.

Kelsie-no won't see him today as he grounded me due to the snowstorm.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:51 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Lacey after the wedding will you be able to relax a little with your diet?

elston Udon noodles & konyaku?

molochai have a great birthday!

krislati welcome & your stir fry sounds easy and good!

kelsie I had my gall bladder taken out a couple of years ago it wasn't as bad as when they would almost cut you hip to hip. No problems since either keeping your DH in prayer.

gym rat sounds like it is time for those boys to make dinner once a week. Never too young to learn to cook!

Tonight will be sloppy joes in the crock pot I have a salad made to go with them. Lacey I thought about that roast in the crock but we really want hash with the leftover so that wouldn't do so well in the crock I don't think.

Have a great day foodies!

Old 02-26-2009, 10:19 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Lacey.... I hope Mr L is doing better today. I know you must be frustrated stuck at home but Mr L is just worried about YOU... It's sweet how even when they are so busy being sick they can be so caring.... That's a good guy you got there... Take it easy today and try and rest your nerves and relax a bit. Still praying for MR L.....

Elston... You always have such creative meals... Udon noodles sound so yummy! With stir fry... mmm

Kelsie both my grandmother and cousin have had their gall bladder out... cousin JUST had it out about two weeks ago and is back to work and doing great....She feels so much better now.... Praying for DH....

Molochai... Have a WONDERFUL day!!!!

Gentlearts.... I love bread pudding.... and Giada is amazing....I bet is tastes wonderful

Crazy... your daughter sounds like me about two years ago.... at least now my alarm doesn't go off...LOL

Krislati... Welcome to the group!

Ok... well... tonight is the night I do the fancy Dining Room DINNER! So... I have some pork that I don't know what to do with.... Yams I will bake as they are the kids new FAVORITE... along with the OTHER favorite! LOL... BROC... Bet you all couldn't have guessed that one... they also enjoy baked apples now... I think I might make them for dessert. I ave up so many desserts for lent (and CHIPS) but I don't really consider baked apples dessert LOL.... I will also have a salad.... ok... That will probably be it....

Ok... back to cleaning....

Old 02-26-2009, 10:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Jaxson-no I'll try to maintain-no going back!

SKBS and Gentle-I've made Giada's bread pudding using Pannetone-to die for.

Yes Mr. L is a keeper-guess that's why I've kept him 41 yrs! You would think people out here would know how to drive in snow-but unfortunately they don't.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:38 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Hi, all. There's a pot of beans, onion, bacon and a hambone on the stove that will evenutally become home made baked beans for dinner. And in the refrigerator is the beef cubes w/chunks of red pepper and onion, marinating their little hearts out for shiskabobs. For dessert we'll have some leftover trifle. Man, I don't know what I did right, but this one is a really good one. I used fresh strawberries, kiwi and red grapes. yum.

Enjoy, all. I think I need to leave DH in charge and go to the pool for a bit.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:42 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,745,369 times
I have to tell you that when my 9 year old eats here he grabs and pen and paper and asks me to write down the ingredients so he can give it to his Mom.........too cute. I keep containers in my freezer of his favorites so he can take them home and enjoy it.
That bread pudding sounds really good.

I went with the raisins soaked in Grand Marnier and it just came out of the oven....................smells good

Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
Yum.....I'll take some bread pudding!

I'm so hungry right now because I forgot my lunch today. I am going to leave right after school, run home (about a 30 min. drive), change clothes, heat up some soup and have that along with some carrots and dip, and then jump in the car and drive back to school by 5. Tonight is opening night for the school musical -- finally!! It has been exhausting!

Three performances -- tonight, tomorrow night, and Saturday night and then I am home free! Dinner each night is going to be on the fly. I think tomorrow I will go to Target and then Panera for soup and sandwich in between school and the show.

Stay warm and dry Lacey!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink