Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2009, 06:23 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times

Advertisements

Tonight, it was Steak-n-Shake for supper. I had a double steakburger with cheese, onion rings, a chocolate shake, and a medium Coke.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:28 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Thanks for linking up that recipe, George. It's printing as we speak!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:33 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,090,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Good afternoon. Therapy is expensive, Lacey.
And there is no guarantee that it will work!

Everyone needs to join my 6 Step Program. It's accelerated for the cyber age! Guaranteed to work or your recipe back!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:34 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,090,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Thanks for linking up that recipe, George. It's printing as we speak!
Sure thing! It was easy and a budget stretcher for sure.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:12 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,898 times
Kimba, your new grandchild is beautiful!

Chicken Picatta, pecan rice pilaf, green beans with cranberries and black olive artisan bread for dinner tonight. It was delicious if I do say so myself, but I'm starting to worry that I've been possessed by Martha Stewart!

I even took a pic with my cell camera.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:45 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,418,065 times
Looks delicious and healthy too

Old 03-25-2009, 09:47 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
OMG I thought I'd have to go into therapy!!!! All day no CD.
LOL, I am so freakin out with no CD fix!!!!! I cannot believe how lost I was without it. Kinda sad? Maybe. But, there are worse addictions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Wow now I know I'm addicted. What a strange day without CD and all of you. Glad we are all up and running.

MBW- I for one really enjoy your stories. I hope you don't stop sharing.

I've had a bad headache all day so it's up to DH what he wants for dinner. He may even have to cook it. Maybe hot dogs or pasta and sauce. He can handle that.
First - a totally agree that my day was so weird without CD. I tried many (MANY!) times to access it to no avail, then I got nervous, thinking it was my computer and WHAT WOULD I DO IF I COULD NOT ACCESS CD............EVER?????????? LOL

PS, Hope you feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
MWBW-this is seconded by me and thirded,etc by us all. We love your posts and feel we are at your table with wonderful chef DH and you all. This is what we have a huge community table and I would be honored to share yours.
YES MA'AM!!!!!!!!!!

GEORGE!!!! So glad to see you! I so love your descriptions of your dinners, and your wit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
If I may add my two cents I think we should all be able to chat about issues that are important to us as we are all friends and that is what people do at the dinner table.
MWBW I love love love your posts.
If other people are upset that we are going off topic then just keep adding the word "chicken" or "broccoli" to the sentences. LOL

Kimba that baby is beautiful!!!!!!! Congrats
DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 2 cents:

It may be comical (or perhaps sad even) that I really missed being able to log on to CD for most of today. I am really surprised at myself the disappointment I felt when I could not log on as I normally do. Wow. Missed y'all!

This may be a food thread, but I am of the opinion that "food" may feed the belly, but family and friendship feed the soul.

My soul is fed when I read the wonderful recipes and dinners posted - no matter how simple or complicated.

My soul is fed when I read the beautiful descriptions of your table, and the thoughtfulness and love and caring you put into the food preparations, the table settings, the ambiance, and the love that you have for your guests.

My soul is fed when I read about your problems, your accomplishments, your good news, your "diva-sodes", your heartaches, your heartthrobs, your sadness, your happiness, your furbabies, your DH, your DD, your DS, you DP, your WHATEVER! I am just blessed to be a part of this wonderful WHATEVER THIS IS!

I thank each and everyone of you for sharing your lives with me.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
green jello got one of those 24 non solid fasts followed by the exam you know the kind.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:44 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times
Huck - Sorry, I don't know what you mean? Could you elaborate please sir?

Old 03-25-2009, 11:21 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,452,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
This one is for you Costal! Rachael Ray's Cheesy Penne Italian Shepherd's Pie:

Rachael Ray's Cheesy Penne Italian Shepherd's Pie - ABC News

I made it without the tomato paste and improvised on the cheese as I had sharp cheddar and parmesan at home. It was yum-o (oh god - I am channeling in Rachael Ray!)
Thank-you so much George!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very kind of you to share!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink