Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2009, 03:14 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times

Advertisements

Hey foodies I just realized after my last post that our very own cyn is sporting a new gold star!!! Congrats cyn.

Oh BTW on another thread Coastal made me swallow my gum with the wise crackin. I am OK now.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:18 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,452,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Oh, for heavens sake - the poor little thing! I actually remember your description of her getting that flu shot very clearly; you don't suppose she managed to squirm out of the way at the last minute, do you? By the time they pulled her out from under the chair, that doc had to be pretty tired, after all! I hope that she's over the worst of it by now, and that the rest of the family remains healthy. Sending good thoughts and karma your way!

Wow, that's fantastic, Lisa! I really need to get myself back on the warpath; my knees remind me at every step that they just don't like carrying that much weight. You're an inspiration, in more ways than one!

I'm so glad that it's all over and went successfully, Jaxson. Even for a minor procedure, it's scary when kids have to be anesthetized, and I've been thinking about both of you all day. Man, she is going to be burning up the lanes at the swim meets, now that she can actually breathe! Tell her that we're all thinking of her and sending hugs.

Oh, WOW - two incredible pieces of news in one! Congratulations at staying nicotine-free for that long, mth - you should hopefully be over the worst of the cravings by now. Are you using that website Cyn was using to track the days you're adding to your life?

And what fabulous news about your good man! Please pass on our congrats to him as well, and I hope that the new position brings him both interesting challenges and ample rewards.

Joy-joy-joy-joy-joy!!! How exciting for you, Kimba! Sending well wishes and good karma for a healthy baby and a healthy mama, hopefully with a nice easy and uncomplicated arrival. We'll all understand if you don't get back to Cyn's dinner table for a while - but we'll all be waiting on eleventerhooks (that's one step past tenterhooks) for the happy news.

After such an eventful day everywhere else, ours sounds positively boring, but at my age, that's not such a terrible thing, after all. Our weekly dinner guests joined us for shepherd's pie and fresh asparagus, and as so often seems to be the case when they're at the table, the meal was punctuated by plenty of laughter and silliness. They think that the doddering old coots still in love are cute, and we think that the beautiful young couple in the first bloom of love together are cute, so it's all sort of symmetrical somehow. And fun, too.

Dishes are done, and I've got a pan of brownies cooling to take tomorrow night to our neighborhood association potluck and meeting. The fudge-y smell has permeated the whole house, so I'm sure that I'll be dreaming of chocolate all night. Talk about having sweet dreams...

And on that note, g'night, all, and have a great evening. See you tomorrow.
MWBW.... I ALWAYS love reading your posts.... you are so friendly and caring!!! And you've got a quick wit and great sense of humor!!! To me, you're such an important part of this dinner thread and I'd be lost if I couldn't come here and see your participation!!!

Now... how do you make your hamburg shepard's pie and did you cheat and do box brownies or do you have a special brownie recipe for us??? tee hee

Old 03-25-2009, 03:19 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Wow now I know I'm addicted. What a strange day without CD and all of you. Glad we are all up and running.

MBW- I for one really enjoy your stories. I hope you don't stop sharing.

I've had a bad headache all day so it's up to DH what he wants for dinner. He may even have to cook it. Maybe hot dogs or pasta and sauce. He can handle that.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:25 PM

Congratulations CYN!!!!!

Old 03-25-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Hey foodies I just realized after my last post that our very own cyn is sporting a new gold star!!! Congrats cyn.

Oh BTW on another thread Coastal made me swallow my gum with the wise crackin. I am OK now.
LMBO!!!!!!!!!! Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-25-2009, 03:35 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
MWBW-this is seconded by me and thirded,etc by us all. We love your posts and feel we are at your table with wonderful chef DH and you all. This is what we have a huge community table and I would be honored to share yours.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:37 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,090,460 times
I know! I needed to attend a 12 Step Program when CD went down today. Nah...I only have time for a 6 Step!

Congrats Cyn!

Midwest - you just keep typing away. We are all sharers in this group. We all have the skill to scan and just move on if it doesn't connect with us.

I am making something I saw on "Good Morning America". It is Rachel Ray's Cheesy Penne Italian's Shepherd's Pie. I already had all the ingredients. It is a huge budget stretcher. I think I will have to bring the extras to the neighbors.

I know that they have been wondering why they have not received care packages lately. I have just been busy and stressed!

All is good with the world as I am having a martini and I have a closing on Friday.

Happy cooking and eating all!

Old 03-25-2009, 03:57 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,745,369 times
Wow finally made it to the dinner table. Hello all sure missed you all today. Good thing we are having leftovers today or we would have been lost or had to order out LOL........

Old 03-25-2009, 03:59 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
It is official. Pizza is ordered. Ham and extra cheese.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:19 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,403 times
Yeah, CD is back! I must have tried 25 times this afternoon. I'm addicted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink