Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 12:21 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times

Advertisements

HG-love anything Ina makes!

MM sounds great.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:46 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Finally made the Spaghetti with dried tomatoes and basil in cream sauce. Very yummie and there will be enough left over for tomorrow's lunch.

Happy Tuesday to all of you!
Sounds good to me!!! (Happy Tues right back atcha!)

Lacey - oh I soooooo hope you or Mr. L don't get sick! I refuse to even contemplate it! Just say NO to those germs!

Old 03-24-2009, 12:56 PM

Kats-I am walking with Clorox and Lysol!!!! More worried about him tho as his immune system is low.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:04 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Jaxson.... I actually have a picture.... from back in the day (I was 14) of me in a Rah Rah outfit... which is just so not me!!!! it was a one season thing- didn't last...LOL.... I turned into a Field Hockey Goalie!!!! Hahah But I am so glad I was your own personal Rah Rah in your head... hahah that is great.... I was laughing when I read that.... I will gladly cheer you on!!!! Anytime!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2009, 02:18 PM

Sure wish Cyn was back-miss her posts.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:36 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times
I do too, Lacey. Both hers and Ambers.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
stir fry steak n onions
got a new wok and its so good.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I am watching Ina right now and she stuffed her butterflied chicken with garlic, rosemary, lemon, salt, pepper, and olive oil. (put it under the skin) I'm going to do the same.
what is butterflied?

Old 03-24-2009, 02:42 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,161,372 times
I made a recipe from the Kraft website, and the kids even enjoyed it. Pork chops, browned, smothered in onions and cream of mushroom soup, then baked with stuffing and cheddar cheese on top.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Oh, for heavens sake - the poor little thing! I actually remember your description of her getting that flu shot very clearly; you don't suppose she managed to squirm out of the way at the last minute, do you? By the time they pulled her out from under the chair, that doc had to be pretty tired, after all! I hope that she's over the worst of it by now, and that the rest of the family remains healthy. Sending good thoughts and karma your way!

Wow, that's fantastic, Lisa! I really need to get myself back on the warpath; my knees remind me at every step that they just don't like carrying that much weight. You're an inspiration, in more ways than one!
what are you having for dinner?

I'm so glad that it's all over and went successfully, Jaxson. Even for a minor procedure, it's scary when kids have to be anesthetized, and I've been thinking about both of you all day. Man, she is going to be burning up the lanes at the swim meets, now that she can actually breathe! Tell her that we're all thinking of her and sending hugs.

Oh, WOW - two incredible pieces of news in one! Congratulations at staying nicotine-free for that long, mth - you should hopefully be over the worst of the cravings by now. Are you using that website Cyn was using to track the days you're adding to your life?

And what fabulous news about your good man! Please pass on our congrats to him as well, and I hope that the new position brings him both interesting challenges and ample rewards.

Joy-joy-joy-joy-joy!!! How exciting for you, Kimba! Sending well wishes and good karma for a healthy baby and a healthy mama, hopefully with a nice easy and uncomplicated arrival. We'll all understand if you don't get back to Cyn's dinner table for a while - but we'll all be waiting on eleventerhooks (that's one step past tenterhooks) for the happy news.

After such an eventful day everywhere else, ours sounds positively boring, but at my age, that's not such a terrible thing, after all. Our weekly dinner guests joined us for shepherd's pie and fresh asparagus, and as so often seems to be the case when they're at the table, the meal was punctuated by plenty of laughter and silliness. They think that the doddering old coots still in love are cute, and we think that the beautiful young couple in the first bloom of love together are cute, so it's all sort of symmetrical somehow. And fun, too.

Dishes are done, and I've got a pan of brownies cooling to take tomorrow night to our neighborhood association potluck and meeting. The fudge-y smell has permeated the whole house, so I'm sure that I'll be dreaming of chocolate all night. Talk about having sweet dreams...

And on that note, g'night, all, and have a great evening. See you tomorrow.
whats for dinner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink