Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 11:09 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,898 times

Advertisements

skbs, can the dr give you a script for Tamiflu? (If they still use that, it really helps cut down on the symptoms and days sick.)

I threw the ingredients for Salsa Chicken with Black Bean Soup into the crockpot. Tonight is Cub Scouts and I won't get home until about 8 pm so I need something on auto pilot.

Jaxson, since Survivor is a rerun tomorrow, I think I'm going to attempt Chicken Piccata with a gooey chocolate dessert to drown my sorrows.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:13 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Wow! Crazy day here. Catching up is hard to do, but I just don't want to miss anything and I am glad I didn't because there were some good ideas here.

Dinner was late because DD#1 went to hospital for a scheduled Non stress test and some labs. They came back and she has pre eclampsia. So they admitted her and they are going to induce tomorrow!!! She is actually due April 14th. Hopefully it all goes well. I will be up there bright and early!

I didn't get home til late so I just made a Lean Cuisine Sandwich. It was not very good. It was one of their new fold over ones-I think Pesto Chicken. Won't buy that again. The Italian one was awesome.

Tomorrow, I will be a g'ma so I don't know when I will get here and I don't know what I will have for dinner!!!
Oh, boy! A new g'ma! Congrats and best of luck to you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
skbs it was hard not sharing on this thread but it was super duper hard not telling you in DMs or emails. Then in another thread about a week ago I posted something about smoking outside in freezing weather and MWBW sent me a comment about knowing one day I would quit. That was hard not to tell her then too. But I wanted cyn to be the first to know in our foodie family since she got the ball rolling.
Congratulations, Jaxson. Isn't it great we can inspire each other here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I may have planted the seeds but Jaxon and MTH made them grow! Thanks for making me feel good.
You deserve to feel good, Cyn. Nice to see you, you are sorely missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
skbs, can the dr give you a script for Tamiflu? (If they still use that, it really helps cut down on the symptoms and days sick.)

I threw the ingredients for Salsa Chicken with Black Bean Soup into the crockpot. Tonight is Cub Scouts and I won't get home until about 8 pm so I need something on auto pilot.

Jaxson, since Survivor is a rerun tomorrow, I think I'm going to attempt Chicken Piccata with a gooey chocolate dessert to drown my sorrows.
Mookster, don't you have to take that Tamiflu within 24 hours of the symptoms' start?

Dinner tonight? Ruby Tuesdays!

Old 03-24-2009, 11:18 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I am so proud of you Jaxon and MTH. Here is a huge pat on both of your backs. Thank you both for bringing a smile to my face!! Here is to a healthier life for us all!!!
I agree!!!! WTG!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
Anyhoo, I have no clue what I will be making. DH wants something light. I'll probably wait until he gets home and discuss it with him. It drives me crazy when he asks for something light to eat. Everything I mention he says no to. So, I'll just wait for him and see what he's in the mood for.
OR...........fix what you want and I bet he will like it and eat it too!

Dinner tonight will be tuna salad and/or pimento and cheese I made up last night.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Mookster, don't you have to take that Tamiflu within 24 hours of the symptoms' start?
I think so. If skbs just started feeling it today, there may still be time. It's even tougher on adults than kids to have the high fever that typically goes with it.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:22 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
skbs it was hard not sharing on this thread but it was super duper hard not telling you in DMs or emails. Then in another thread about a week ago I posted something about smoking outside in freezing weather and MWBW sent me a comment about knowing one day I would quit. That was hard not to tell her then too. But I wanted cyn to be the first to know in our foodie family since she got the ball rolling.
I think it is very appropriate that Cyn be the first to know.... she got you all motivated!!!! I totally understand!!!! I am just so happy for you!!!!!

Tonight's menu is changed.... Chatterbox is a mess.... tears and drama and it is just not her style at all!!! She is my laid back calm one (pretty much why there aren't as many dramatic stories about her)....Hubby is picking up McDonald's on the way home with a milkshake... in hopes that will drop the fever too... which has gone UP!!! She is now over 102... the Ped's office says if the fever is longer than three days to bring her in.... Diva gets home in two hours- no phone call from school... GOOD SIGN.

Mookster....something to look into.... I have never heard of it... thanks for the suggestion....

I just want the bugs out of my house... I want the windows open and germs OUT!!!!!

Old 03-24-2009, 11:27 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
skbs I wish you could open your house up like mine is on this 76° day...I would send it your way if the law allowed it. Any way at our house we will be cleaning up more leftovers...Doing it early in the week so maybe we will grill something later in the week...Making more leftovers....

Old 03-24-2009, 11:45 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
I am watching Ina right now and she stuffed her butterflied chicken with garlic, rosemary, lemon, salt, pepper, and olive oil. (put it under the skin) I'm going to do the same.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I am watching Ina right now and she stuffed her butterflied chicken with garlic, rosemary, lemon, salt, pepper, and olive oil. (put it under the skin) I'm going to do the same.
That sounds delicious!

Here's the link for the Salsa Chicken. My mom is eating with us and she hates mushrooms, so I left those out. And I didn't have dried beans or even two cans of black beans so I added a can of kidney beans with 1 can of black beans instead. This is such a great blog! She takes pics of the ingredients and finished dish. Also, the comments are usually so helpful. A Year of CrockPotting: Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Soup

Old 03-24-2009, 12:17 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,388,477 times
Finally made the Spaghetti with dried tomatoes and basil in cream sauce. Very yummie and there will be enough left over for tomorrow's lunch.

Happy Tuesday to all of you!

Old 03-24-2009, 12:19 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Well I should come over and we can be miserable for another week without Survivor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Congratulations, Jaxson. Isn't it great we can inspire each other here?
Yes it is in so many ways! Weird all ya all inside my computer screen pushed me over that final hump when local family and friends tried but couldn't get it done huh? No matter we just git er dun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I think it is very appropriate that Cyn be the first to know.... she got you all motivated!!!! I totally understand!!!! I am just so happy for you!
This is going to sound strange to many but not skbs. When I felt like smoking and thinking about all the encouragement you all gave cyn and it wasn't helping me I pictured something in my mind. It was skbs in a cheerleading outfit with pom poms cheering me not to smoke. So none of you get any weird thoughts about my mind picture............when I was almost getting my first gold star then this thread got reduced down she was sending me cheering DMs and emails. :cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I bet it comes out delicious!

I actually thawed some skinless chicken breasts for supper but DD wants to go get another Frosty after her doctor's appt. If she wants to eat out tonight then we will. She is doing fantastic BTW.

Last edited by Jaxson; 03-24-2009 at 12:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink