Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2009, 11:33 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times

Advertisements

Well this is Thursday morning. I'm thinking about dinner already. Maybe if I plan for steaks on the grill I can make it rain. I'm due for red meat anyway.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:44 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well this is Thursday morning. I'm thinking about dinner already. Maybe if I plan for steaks on the grill I can make it rain. I'm due for red meat anyway.
I'll be happy to send you all the rain you want. It's ruining my spring break plans.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:30 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I'll be happy to send you all the rain you want. It's ruining my spring break plans.
4-5 inches would be fine. I can grill under the carport...Grilled steaks is sounding better by the hour. The other option is going to be jalapeno mushroom swiss stuffed hamburgers...

Old 03-26-2009, 04:49 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Morning friends-Mooskter thank looked delicious.

GeorgeC-thank you for the link and review.

Kats-so beautifully said-I trie to rep you but have to share first.

Cyn please hurry back-we miss you.

Leftover gravy with ravioli.

I'm getting my mussel fix at lunch-picking some up and visiting with a special lady who's like a Mom to me and she loves her musels too.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:08 AM

48,142 posts, read 22,010,341 times
There was recently some misunderstanding about what is and is not appropriate to post on this thread and this resulted in hurt feelings; the issue is what and how much "conversation" is appropriate to share about "our lives" in addition to recitation of menu items. Since Cyn asked me to "keep an eye" on the thread for her while she was away....I thought I should address it.

At one time in the past the issue (staying on topic) came up over the issue of the number of rep points allocated to posts on this thread. At that time Cyn urged us not to get in an uproar over the rep points and to accept the administrative decision that this thread has a chatty quality about it hence fewer rep points allocated than on a substantive discussion thread.....

BUT she also urged us to try to stay in the ball park of the Opening Topic.....What's for Dinner? IMHO we do attempt this even if the discussion of dinner plans include some info about the social context....what is going on in our lives. So as a group that has come to care about one another we do share births, challenges, events that shape our lives. This makes the thread feel like sitting down at a large dining table and sharing food but also ourselves. If this were to become just a recitation of menu items.....and endless repetition of food items.....one could be equally entertained by listening to the orders at any resturant kitchen..or by reading a cook book.....it is more and we are more than that. But this thread is about the opening question and we don't want to lose that DINNER IDEA focus either.

Common sense and common courtesy need to be used. The posts can be seasoned with social context just like our meals are seasoned with spices and our dinner conversations are seasoned with love. Even Rachel Ray and Paula Deen share info about their family and life experiences around the menu. We eat to sustain life......but more than that.....we eat as social beings to sustain one another.

What are you planning for dinner...I really love to hear your plans and ideas.

(lets not get off on discussion of this post but stay on the OP topic).

Old 03-26-2009, 05:15 AM

13,003 posts, read 1,019,723 times
I am thinkng about making Chicken Parmigiana. Some days I feel like I am running out of ideas.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:19 AM

48,142 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Default Dinner Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gym rat View Post
I am thinkng about making Chicken Parmigiana. Some days I feel like I am running out of ideas.
That was the exact condition that started this thread....getting into a rut or running out of ideas. I suspect you will get some ideas from subsequent posts....it depends somewhat on what you have in your kitchen or if you plan on going shopping. I bet there are lots of ideas about what you might do with your chicken.....is it boneless, skinless?

Old 03-26-2009, 06:16 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gym rat View Post
We had a clean-out-the-fridge dinner last night that featured chicken, and it was incredibly good.

We've got a bag of frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts that has a hole in it, so we want to use them up before they get freezer-burned. We also had leftover bean soup, and the extra sauce from Elston's Pork Chops that I made for Sunday dinner. Supper last night included all of them.

The spouse started by thawing a couple of the chicken breasts, and carefully slicing them in half through the center to make two thinner pieces. Then he pounded them out a bit flatter. He dredged them in flour, an egg/milk mixture, and back in the flour, then fried them in a small amount of oil. Once they were lovely and brown on both sides, he put them in the oven on 250 to stay warm while he put everything else together.

He reheated that wonderful tomato sauce from Elston's chop recipe and we spooned that over the chicken cutlets on our plates, after finishing the last of that wonderful navy bean soup, and the combination was simply WONDERFUL. The sauce for Elston's chops is not quite a barbeque sauce but leans in that direction: it's tomato sauce with a bit of brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, dried mustard, lemon juice and optional green peppers. It was a fabulous accompaniment to the chicken.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:39 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Chatter box has a smile today....and wants to MOP!!!! LOL.... she must have some energy haha wish I wanted to mop.... looks like my floors are getting cleaned one way or another...

I really have had a problem lately with the meds I am on..... I can't REALLY tell when I am HUNGRY.... I have noticed I really have to pay attention to the clock for the kids to make sure I am getting lunch for them when they need it.... But dinner.... My creative juices are lacking. I think it is because I just don't feel hungry. If I could just open a Luna Bar at every meal I think I would be just fine and dandy lately.... seriously.... it has gotten that bad... the sad thing is I am content with it. I make dinner lately because I have to feed the family. My meals were much more exciting a few months ago... I went back and read my meals I was making and they were actually a whole heck of a lot more interesting! Jeepers.... My belly just doesn't rumble lately.... I think that is why I have been copping out and doing the take out so much.....

Old 03-26-2009, 06:54 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Ribeye, creamed corn, garlic mashed potatoes, and a big glass of whole milk
That sounds delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereInTheWorldIsPetra View Post
Guys, I have a new-found addiction...taco pie. I made it Monday and making it again. I'm impatiently waiting for it to finish cooking.
Could you share your recipe with us?

Mookster- Nice plate presentation to a delicious looking meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
green jello got one of those 24 non solid fasts followed by the exam you know the kind.
Good luck today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I'll send some rain if I can share your steaks.

Good morning to all my foodie friends. It is rainy and dreary here. We need to do some grocery shopping because we ran out of Fruit Loops(the generic ones are better). Anyway my DH will go through withdrawal without his loops and fudgesicles. I think I am making a roast chicken tonight with the Season Salt and hopefully it comes out like the Grocery Rotisserie Chickens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink