Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 09:39 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
PED's office called.... the lab results are back... it is THE FLU!!!!! official flu..... ugh... SHe had the flu shot!
Oh, for heavens sake - the poor little thing! I actually remember your description of her getting that flu shot very clearly; you don't suppose she managed to squirm out of the way at the last minute, do you? By the time they pulled her out from under the chair, that doc had to be pretty tired, after all! I hope that she's over the worst of it by now, and that the rest of the family remains healthy. Sending good thoughts and karma your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I got on the scale this morning and I am down 8.6 pounds. Woo hoo. Just call me Skinny Minnie, lol. Only kidding.
Wow, that's fantastic, Lisa! I really need to get myself back on the warpath; my knees remind me at every step that they just don't like carrying that much weight. You're an inspiration, in more ways than one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Honey we're home! I have DD propped up in the recliner with a water bottle, remote control and blankies. Thank you all for the concern I read them to her it was the first smile I have seen today! She wanted a Frosty on the way home but could only eat a few bites of it. She is still a bit groggy so will most likely rest through the night.

Dr. said her septum was curved like an "S". She should be able to suck up air like a vacuum cleaner by next week he said.
I'm so glad that it's all over and went successfully, Jaxson. Even for a minor procedure, it's scary when kids have to be anesthetized, and I've been thinking about both of you all day. Man, she is going to be burning up the lanes at the swim meets, now that she can actually breathe! Tell her that we're all thinking of her and sending hugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
PS Five weeks no smoking

PPS Hubby got a promotion that doesn't require us to move. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, WOW - two incredible pieces of news in one! Congratulations at staying nicotine-free for that long, mth - you should hopefully be over the worst of the cravings by now. Are you using that website Cyn was using to track the days you're adding to your life?

And what fabulous news about your good man! Please pass on our congrats to him as well, and I hope that the new position brings him both interesting challenges and ample rewards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Dinner was late because DD#1 went to hospital for a scheduled Non stress test and some labs. They came back and she has pre eclampsia. So they admitted her and they are going to induce tomorrow!!! She is actually due April 14th. Hopefully it all goes well. I will be up there bright and early!

Tomorrow, I will be a g'ma so I don't know when I will get here and I don't know what I will have for dinner!!!
Joy-joy-joy-joy-joy!!! How exciting for you, Kimba! Sending well wishes and good karma for a healthy baby and a healthy mama, hopefully with a nice easy and uncomplicated arrival. We'll all understand if you don't get back to Cyn's dinner table for a while - but we'll all be waiting on eleventerhooks (that's one step past tenterhooks) for the happy news.

After such an eventful day everywhere else, ours sounds positively boring, but at my age, that's not such a terrible thing, after all. Our weekly dinner guests joined us for shepherd's pie and fresh asparagus, and as so often seems to be the case when they're at the table, the meal was punctuated by plenty of laughter and silliness. They think that the doddering old coots still in love are cute, and we think that the beautiful young couple in the first bloom of love together are cute, so it's all sort of symmetrical somehow. And fun, too.

Dishes are done, and I've got a pan of brownies cooling to take tomorrow night to our neighborhood association potluck and meeting. The fudge-y smell has permeated the whole house, so I'm sure that I'll be dreaming of chocolate all night. Talk about having sweet dreams...

And on that note, g'night, all, and have a great evening. See you tomorrow.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:46 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times
'night!

Old 03-23-2009, 10:01 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,349,625 times
Can anyone PLEASE explain the difference between Italian tomatoes and plum tomatoes?

Old 03-23-2009, 10:31 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
Thanks everyone for the good wishes! I will be back to post when I can!

Old 03-24-2009, 01:13 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Can anyone PLEASE explain the difference between Italian tomatoes and plum tomatoes?
There are many plum tomatoes that have been bred by plant breeders. The true Italian tomato is I believe the San Marzano...(spelling)...Check the canned tomatoes for brands in the stores....Technically I think all the plum tomatoes are related. The San Marzanao is preferred by many for cooking.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Morning all-sure is uplifting reading about Jaxson's DD,MTH's non-smoking and DH's promotion and Kimba's impending grandmotherhood. Kimba your feet won't touch the floor today.

Last night went well-less than what we thought as 1 down sick, another moved to other grandma's as she's having knee surgery Mon and cannot get sick and grandson running around town in his "new" wheels.

Today I'm making a huge pot of gravy, meatballs, sausage and prok ribs w/rigatoni, salad and garlic bread.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:08 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times
Lacey, your ongoing feast of family sounds so wonderful! Love to hear about the ongoings there with all the clan. I sure hope that the flu doesn't somehow migrate from skbs' family in upstate NY down there to Jersey with you folks; get plenty of sleep, if you can, between now and the big events of the weekend. I don't need to tell you to eat well, as you've got that part under control.

Supper tonight will be pizza and various potluck salads and desserts in the neighborhood church's gymnasium/lunchroom, followed by our semi-annual meeting in the parlor. We live in a very involved and activist neighborhood, and the turnout for these meetings is usually excellent. Lots of guest speakers this time: someone from the city about the gypsy moth spraying, an update on this year's big road construction project, Neighborhood Watch tips, a discussion on beneficial bats, and information on the community's Meals On Wheels program, so I expect it'll be a lively evening.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday - and drier than ours is likely to be (they're predicting t-storms and over an inch of rain today here). Take care and eat well!

Old 03-24-2009, 06:50 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
LOL...MWBW I forgot I posted the crazies that went on at the Ped's office on the Flu Shot Day!!! Oh that was surely a true example of a Divasode if ever there was one!!!! Well, she is off to school today... no fever, the cough isn't effecting her asthma, no tummy issues... the throat is fine... so she is off! NOW Chatterbox is on fire and up to a temp of 101.5.... Sooooooooo she is now calling the sofa camp.... but she too had the shot.... must have been a different strand than the shot????? The told me it could last 10 days or more.... lovely... I am fighting it.... I have decided I am not going to do anything overly exhausting myself... I ALWAYS get whatever is really BAD the kids get. I REFUSE!!!! No thank you.... !!!!!!

Tonight.... I am making Annie's Organic Cheeseburger Macaroni....Chatterbox is asking for it so Chatterbox is getting it.. With some Broc and a salad so I get the veg aspect... and I make it with ground turkey.....not beef....
.http://www.annies.com/uploads/479fafa034b6d.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-24-2009, 07:41 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Good morning foodies such good uplifting news here today! So we will let it spill over to skbs and her family so they will get on the mend quickly.

I have talked with cyn so I can now let something out of the bag to all my foodie friends. The timing just wasn't right before now but she said to share it with ya all...........................no I am not pregnant.

Today marks 1 month I have not smoked in 30 years. I told cyn it is driving me crazy the yucky smell all over my house. Yesterday my ex and oldest were reeking of it too. Doesn't make me want one but I have apologized to my kids and friends for exposing them to the smell.

MTH it was hard not telling you yesterday I am only a week behind you!

See what cyn got started ya all!!! You all were part of my decision reading how you were supporting cyn so pat yourselves on the backs OK?

Supper? No idea yet.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:44 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
I am so proud of you Jaxon and MTH. Here is a huge pat on both of your backs. Thank you both for bringing a smile to my face!! Here is to a healthier life for us all!!!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 03-24-2009 at 09:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink