Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 08:02 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,305 times

Advertisements

Yeah, it's far from over and I really do feel things will work themselves out. I
have a gut feeling the buyer will not give this house up.

Anyone have a killer potato salad recipe they would like to share.??? I'm
supposed to bring one to a cookout tommorrow.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:15 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Don't know if its killer or not but here's my Potato salad

4-5 potatos boiled cooled cubed
3-4 hardboiled eggs diced
1/2 green pepper minced
1 stalk celery minced
1/2 onion minced
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
mayo enough to bind
little bit of frenchs mustard to taste
salt and pepper

I have to say this is the one recipe that I really don't have a recipe for. I do it mostly by taste. Ok boil, chill cut up potatoes. Put in bowl with rest of ingredients. I start with a couple of hefty spoonfuls of mayo (has to be the real stuff)stir, add a little mustard, stir and taste. Keep adding mayo and mustard til it tastes right. Sorry its not more accurate.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:16 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Just to give everyone an idea of meals here during this company time---this morning I made 18 soft boiled eggs, a pound of sausage, hashed potatoes and toast. I just started the dishwasher on it's first load--After the second dishwasher load it should be about time for lunch and then get that cleaned up and dinner--oh my! We do eat out a bit so that helps out a lot. I have never cooked so much in my life as far as quantities though. I think "I" will need a vacation after this. Elston, my company from Hawaii will be here until this next Tuesday--my kids--until my son gets a job and finds a house! My kids are a breeze to cook for though! That's how they were raised--eat it or starve!! Ha!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:17 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Dinner tonight, ugh. Still in the rut. Last night I finished off a bag of spinich ravioli with a garlic and herb sauce. Was pretty good. Tonight, oldest has a band lockin so I may make fish as I will have enough or I may make chicken on the bbq. Not sure yet. Also depends on hubby's mood as he has been really cranky as of late.

Depending on how his day goes I may run away. LOL

Old 05-23-2008, 08:21 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,014 times
Happy Friday and congrats to our dear cyn!! Also congrats to kshe for her gold bar!! No cooking for me tonight, every other Friday night I volunteer at the VFW to work steak night and it's my turn. Hubby will have leftovers or fend for himself!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:29 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
daytripper -- there are a bunch of potato salad recipes at allrecipes.com

Old 05-23-2008, 08:42 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Just to give everyone an idea of meals here during this company time---this morning I made 18 soft boiled eggs, a pound of sausage, hashed potatoes and toast. I just started the dishwasher on it's first load--After the second dishwasher load it should be about time for lunch and then get that cleaned up and dinner--oh my! We do eat out a bit so that helps out a lot. I have never cooked so much in my life as far as quantities though. I think "I" will need a vacation after this. Elston, my company from Hawaii will be here until this next Tuesday--my kids--until my son gets a job and finds a house! My kids are a breeze to cook for though! That's how they were raised--eat it or starve!! Ha!
Sounds as if your son and family may be with you for awhile....but they sound easy...as well they should. The Hawaii guests...........well lets hope they "wanna go back to their little grass shack in Kealakeua Hawaii" ; but seriously cyn....you have done well under trying circumstances.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:48 AM

431 posts, read 1,641,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post

be glad you have a dishwasher! I would have to do it all by hand. pretty soon the guest will be gone and you can take a few days to hide and let the family fend for themselves. Good luck

Old 05-23-2008, 08:50 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
attending a social pot luck. but i always eat the same
salad, chicken, deviled eggs and jello. (i know a lil dull but somebody else will make the salad & that is always good.)

Old 05-23-2008, 08:57 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Two weeks of trying to be creative and please varying tastes is trying and frustrating not to mention the added clean-up. You are a saint Cyn!!!

Elston you are too funny!!!

DayT-try the recipe forum-if my mind is half working I think there were some there. Mine is funny sounding but I have to make it all the time for parties:
I use Idaho potatoes-peel, cut, cook 10 min. Drain.
Add chopped green pepper, celery, onion, salt/pepper, hard cooked eggs chopped and about 1/2 bottle of French dressing to still hot potatoes.
Chill this.
When cooled mix mayo (about 1 cup), 2T Dijon mustard, 2 T lemon juice and add to potatoes.
It's "orangy" but delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink