Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2008, 07:20 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
French Fries of any kind... I am there... don't care how they are fried... give me some salt and ketchup and I am one happy camper... potatoes deep fried of any sort put a smile on my face and a happy tummy Well, happy while I am eating it at least LOL
Now if you want serious fried mix a dip of 1/2 and 1/2. Half ketchup and 1/2 buffalo wing sauce. Now you got the ole gall bladder working.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:21 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
French Fries of any kind... I am there... don't care how they are fried... give me some salt and ketchup and I am one happy camper... potatoes deep fried of any sort put a smile on my face and a happy tummy Well, happy while I am eating it at least LOL
My partner got me eating my french fries, with mayo instead of ketchup.....at first I thought it odd....but now I really like it that way.
I believe they use mayo on fries in Belgium.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:05 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
My partner got me eating my french fries, with mayo instead of ketchup.....at first I thought it odd....but now I really like it that way.
I believe they use mayo on fries in Belgium.
I had an ex that did that... makes me gag...LOL might just be the thought of the ex HAHA...LOL

But Nomad that wing sauce... it is amazing on fries (and WNY rocks the wing sauce I might add)... I will often order a side of wing sauce with my fries when I am out and intermix that with the ketchup... Mmmm Mmmm good....

I will only get fries when I am out... and I don't buy chips while I am doing my grocery shopping... I will only get them when I REALLY have a serious craving and can't talk myself out of it... then my dear hubby will stop and get me a bag on the way home from work... but they seem to be finding their way into my home a tad more frequently than they should be recently... I put total blame on a certain Tang Drinking Choco Covered Pretzel Eatin' So and So on here...LOL...I am too week to put up a fight to his power of suggestion of the KETTLE CHIP... LOL

Old 08-29-2008, 08:37 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Tonight will be enchilada casserole. I did most of the prep work yesterday so I just have to simmer the hamburger meat in the homemade enchilada sauce, crips up the tortillas and put it all together.

Well this was going to be dinner until I opened the fridge and saw all the left-overs, so now it's left-over night.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:53 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,336,746 times
All the meatloaf everyone is eating makes me hungry, even though I just finished supper! Gonna have to whomp up a meatloaf sometime soon for sure, now that you've gone and gotten my tastebuds all stirred up.

Supper hereabouts was more leftover smoked meat from the deep freeze (a kielbasa and some brisket this time), cole slaw made of cabbage, fennel and carrots from either the Farmers' Market or the CSA box, tomato/cucumber/onion salad in balsamic vinegar (sources: garden and CSA box) and corn on the cob from the CSA box. Mighty tasty, I must say; a good summer's meal to bring August to a close.

I may not be in much the next few days; we've got family en route (elder daughter and her husband visiting from NYC) and I don't expect to have much down time. Everyone have a safe and fun holiday weekend, and for those of you in the hurricane latitudes, please be extra careful.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:32 PM

431 posts, read 1,202,983 times
Tonight for dinner we had pan fried potatoes and pork bits simmered in olive oil and white wine. Simply seasoned with salt and pepper. They are tasty on their own so no need for lots of spices.

Now I am enjoying a glass of red wine.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:14 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
I had leftover drunken noodles, sesame chicken with veggies, and a few glasses of cabernet.

Tomorrow I am making zucchini bread, zucchini chocolate chip muffins, and a bunch of pesto before some of our bounty goes to waste.

Dinner will be grilled or baked chicken marinated in Italian dressing and topped with fresh mozzarella, and a mixture of diced tomato, chopped basil, e.v.o.o. and black pepper. As a side, I am going to saute some more zucchini and yellow squash. Thinking some brownies for dessert, but I have grocery shopping and cleaning to do too, so we'll see

Old 08-30-2008, 05:47 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
You all win!!! I can't take it any more....I'm seriously thinking meatloaf for tonight. Either meatloaf or stuffed bell peppers. Since I'll be busy stuffing those bell peppers to freeze I may just make a couple for dinner tonight but there is also that idea that since I will have the basic ingredients for the meatloaf from the bell peppers---ground round and ground pork I may just make a meatloaf---not sure on this one yet. Have to see how my day goes and how much ground round and ground pork I have. One thing I know for sure is my day is going to be spent in the kitchen!!

Old 08-30-2008, 05:50 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Not sure what's for dinner yet, but something tells me it's cold meatloaf sandwich for lunch! Looks like I started something.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:52 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Oh NMS did you ever the smell of meatloaf has encompassed the entire nation!!!!

Was thinking of spiral ham, sweet potatoes, salad, sliced tomatoes not sure as we have a showing at 2:30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink