Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2008, 09:37 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a winner to me, MWB! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Old 11-28-2008, 04:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Sounds like evryone's day was a winner.

Good morning all!

Old 11-28-2008, 05:57 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
I have smiled reading each and every post here. Isn't this the way life should be? Happy and full!! My Thanksgiving was so much more then food, it was the company and love. The food was great too. Our future DIL prepared fresh shrimp on ice with a sauce on the side, a variety of crackers with cheeses, brea baked in a puff (outstanding), salad with a variety of fresh apples, greens, artichoke hearts, and a few other ingredients I can't remember but they were in there and it was great, fried turkey, mashed potatoes, ham, mashed sweet potatoes, gravy, stuffing, fresh cranberry sauce, creamed pearl onions, deviled eggs, green bean casserole chocolate cheese cake and a couple of homemade pumpkin pies. I made up my grandaughters plate first and she wanted some of everything!! I tried to make it all small portions but it still was a lot and you know what? She ate every bite---that was the only way she was going to get any dessert! Ha! Plus she ate about 4 shrimp before dinner. I spent much of the day holding my baby grandaughter who had her hair in two little pig tails---this is at 4 months old! All she did all day was smile and giggle at everyone and everything but especially at her older sister, my 5 year old grandaughter. It was a heartwarming day and a great food day. There is a lot to give thanks for!!

I talked to Amber and we were all done with our dinner and she was still waiting for her company to arrive---the difference between time in CA and NC. Still she was cool and clam and anxious to get it under way. I am anxious to talk to her today to see how it all went.

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Old 11-28-2008, 07:08 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Continuing the battle against becoming the Pillsbury DoughBoy's body-double , I'm going for my morning walk now

I think lots of fruits and veggies are in store for today's eating.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:08 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Good morning all.

I am so glad to hear we all happily stuffed our faces yesterday, lol.

Cyn- It sounds like you had a wonderful day with family.

We had a nice relaxing day. Today the refrigerator is overflowing. It's leftovers today.(all day) I will make soup later and tomorrow I think a Turkey Pot Pie. The rest will go in the freezer for future use.

Have a great day.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:10 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Continuing the battle against becoming the Pillsbury DoughBoy's body-double , I'm going for my morning walk now

I think lots of fruits and veggies are in store for today's eating.
Good for you. Enjoy your walk. I'll be cheering you on while I sit and have my coffee.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:16 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Think I'll be joining you burdell....even my dog wants to go on his morning walk already to work off some of his Thanksgiving goodies. Yes, even my animals got to celebrate a bit. My Parrot got a part of a baked potatoe and some apple, the cats got a taste of some turkey and of course extra food put out for the ferals and the dog got a special beef bone plus a little taste of turkey meat---no turkey bones for anyone of course!! So with the animals all full and happy we did our share of eating too yesterday so that means today we all must do a little bit of extra exercise! Ha! Now to get the Parrot to exercise!!!!

Old 11-28-2008, 07:23 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Now Cyn that's a visual!!!!!

Old 11-28-2008, 08:10 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Suppah tonight will be Lobster Risotto.......(I have left over lobstah.)

Old 11-28-2008, 08:11 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,523 times
to recapture our Turkey Day......it took 1.5 hours in line to ride the ferry to
Whidbey Island but everyone in line was in a festive mood so it went very smoothly. Once arriving at the farm house (this was my DH's grandparents
dairy farm) we met his relatives that we hadn't seen for the last 12 years or so. One cousin has 7 kids. Our son had a good time with all the cousins.
Food was plentiful and the conversation flowed throughout the house. Had a really good time and by the time we got home around 7pm we were still full
and slept like logs last night.(I'm the first and only one up at the moment!)
My only regret is NO LEFTOVERS!!!!! We generally have Thanksgiving at our house. Still, I do have a small turkey in the freezer....I think it will make an appearance on our table very soon........Today being Black Friday..we have had our eye on a 52 inch flatscreen tv that I think will be moving to our house sometime today!!!! I hope everyone has the day off to fully enjoy a long weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink