Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 04:49 PM

79 posts, read 319,936 times

Advertisements

Last night we had Stouffer's Lasagna with breadsticks. Tonight was hot dogs, macaroni salad and chips. Quick...Easy & Cheap!

Old 12-15-2008, 04:58 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,843 times
Lacey, you just have really unreal forecasts. Last week, cyn and I had crazy skies and I had the water & supplies in the mb closet in case the Tornado attacked. Today 70 and I'm washing windows. The dog is on the front porch panting, too warm for her. Yep, our daughter called tonight from So. NJ also, said too warm the kids have colds. Yes Virginia, I think Global Warming is amongst us.
Our warm thoughts go out to all of you. Try to stay warm. Goodnight friends.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:05 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Well since it hasn't broken +2 today and wind chill down about -15 with a possible -50 (brrr) we went to costco (grazed for lunch) and got canned soup to bring home. It was most interesting to see everyone in the store in gloves,hats and coats and the sample ladies were shivering (except for the ones with ovens). They sampled mini cheese souffle's and bbq wings that were pretty decent.
So soup and french bread tonight, probably baked chicken tomorrow but then there's always the pot roast my son's been begging for.

Oh, before I forget I was given a new "cookie" recipe today. You take ritz crackers and peanut butter and make a sandwich out of them. You then dip 'em in chocolate (I bet I got nomad's attention) and let them dry. I'm told people will never figure out what's in 'em! I wonder how it'd be if you added some jam as well.
Stay safe and warm!

Old 12-15-2008, 05:08 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
My monitor plays a tune when chocolate is broadcast. Yep it got my attention. Have Ritz, peanut butter and most likely some chocolate chips. Now if they are the right species I don't know. Will investigate. H'm jam fill chocolate coated. Well strawberry jam is on me list now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well since it hasn't broken +2 today and wind chill down about -15 with a possible -50 (brrr) we went to costco (grazed for lunch) and got canned soup to bring home. It was most interesting to see everyone in the store in gloves,hats and coats and the sample ladies were shivering (except for the ones with ovens). They sampled mini cheese souffle's and bbq wings that were pretty decent.
So soup and french bread tonight, probably baked chicken tomorrow but then there's always the pot roast my son's been begging for.

Oh, before I forget I was given a new "cookie" recipe today. You take ritz crackers and peanut butter and make a sandwich out of them. You then dip 'em in chocolate (I bet I got nomad's attention) and let them dry. I'm told people will never figure out what's in 'em! I wonder how it'd be if you added some jam as well.
Stay safe and warm!

Old 12-15-2008, 05:15 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,797,147 times
Tonight's dinner was salmon with rice and mixed veggies. I stole the biggest piece

Old 12-15-2008, 05:48 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Oh nite all-I groaned with delight at pasta with my pork gravy-did you hear me?

Told our daughter it stays this cold I could gain 40 lbs in a week!!! So comforter time.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:55 PM

849 posts, read 1,953,756 times
I must admit, I've never had Stouffer's Lasagna. I make lasagna now and then using no cook lasagna noodles. My family has never been big on lasagna for some reason. I cook it sometimes when SIL's family come over, because they all love it. It's nice to have it all done and just salad and garlic bread on the side. Less time in the kitchen, more time to visit.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:58 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,339,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Ok you! No need to tell all my secrets! Ha! In a pinch it is just fine!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a nice big pan of Stouffer's lasagna, particularly when it comes time to clean up! I make up my home-made variety three or four times a year, and that is MORE than plenty as long as I'm working 50-plus hours a week.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:08 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,339,258 times
Well, the spouse slept through most of my laughter in the spare bedroom last night (save for the trip to the kitchen for a glass of water) but tells me that he dreamt of lasagna all night, and even woke up once absolutely certain that he could smell it. Guess the sauce cooking down for 6 hours or so must have permeated the entire house with the aroma or something.

So, not surprisingly at all, he opted for spaghetti with Italian sausage for supper tonight. No subliminal messages on my part, of course!!!

And, while we're not quite as Arctic in the temps as Lacey, it's down to zero here already, due to go a lot lower by morning. Our elderly (45 years old!) furnace has worked heroically all day since 4:00 a.m., and the temperature in the living room is up to a blistering 64 degrees. Think I'll turn on the space heater in the bedroom tonight.....

Old 12-15-2008, 06:11 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,865 times
Thanks to all for the input on the fudge! I am trying out a few flavors tonight then choosing what to make for gifts. Plans are for 3 - Maple Walnut, Dark Chocolate and Mint Chip, and Malt Whisky Fudge - anyone think of something else to go with along with the whisky in a fudge....or maybe just keep it pure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink