Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 03:00 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,873,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I have to admit, I have been known to keep a Stouffer's lasagna in the freezer as an emergency dinner, for when there is no time/energy to cook.
LOL I am PROUD to admit it..... Nothin' wrong with a little shortcut now and then.... If you need a little help then be happy ya got it!

Old 12-15-2008, 03:03 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,228,857 times
Thank you, skbs! At least with you and Cyn, I know I'm in good company.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:06 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
I always keep the Stouffers mac n cheese for Mr. L because if I make mine I'm going to eat it!

Old 12-15-2008, 03:08 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,865 times
Quick question .... HELLLPPPP!!!! EMERGENCY!!!!!

I am supposed to be making fudge for tonight but have run out of butter - I have a little bit, and about a stick's worth of I Can't Believe it's not Butter, which my neighbor has kindly lent me!

I have the other ingredients (sugar, evaporated milk, etc)

Anyone know of a recipe which needs little butter - or can I use the I Can't Believe stuff to make fudge ????... (original)

Thanks!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 03:09 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,006,675 times
I sometimes can afford to splurge for those Bertolli meals in the bag or oven baked ones for a quick "Get Out of Making Dinner" card. I wish I could get the Stouffers ones, but they contain soyben oil. Those Bertolli ones are expensive, so they are a once every few months treat.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:12 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,228,857 times
This is Nikkzone's recipe:

1 bag(12oz) chocolate chips
1 jar(12oz) peanut butter creamy or crunchy

1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
  1. In 1 1/2-quart microwave proof bowl, melt the chocolate with the peanut butter on high for 3 minutes.
  2. Remove and stir well. Add the milk and stir until blended.
  3. Pour the mixture in a 8x8-inch square pan lined with wax paper.
  4. Refrigerate to chill.
This is one of Molochai's fudge recipes:

Cranberry Fudge:

1 1/4c fresh or frozen(thawed) cranberries
1/2c light corn syrup
2c chocolate chips
1/2c powdered sugar
1/4c evaporated milk
1tsp vanilla

Line bottom of 8x8 pan with plastic wrap. In a med saucepan bring cranberries and corn syrup to a boil. Boil for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and stir until melted. Add remaining ingredients and stir vigorously until thick and glossy. Pour into pan and chill until firm.

I've made them both. They're both very good.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:36 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,747,079 times
[quote=kelsie;6501417]ECG1951: I would love to have some Cuban recipes. The only time we get Cuban food is in Key West a little place called ElSiboney, the line is around the corner. The only thing I don't really enjoy are plantines, I just personally think they are too sweet.

Here is a very easy recipe to make is called

"Picadillo"

1/4 cup of cooking oil
1 onion chopped up
1 small green pepper chopped up
2 cloves of garlic chopped up
1/2lb of ground sirloin beef
1/2lb of ground pork
1/4lb of ground ham
3/4 cup of olives no pits
1 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 cup of tomatoe sauce
1/4 cup of cooking wine

Warm up a deep frying pan or skillet and cook onion,pepper,garlic, when the onion is transparent add to this the meats and stir all up until meat is cooked keep stirring so it wont stick for about 10 minutes..after take the remaining ingredients and add them on and stir a little...then let it cook for about 30 minutes in medium heat, once in a while before the end stir up again....done!!! Time to eat!!
You can eat this with white rice...and another side dish!!

If you want any particular recipe please let me know...

Old 12-15-2008, 03:57 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
I took the easy way out tonight for dinner. I've had my mom out of town today for the routine docs and blood work. After the last stop we went to a Chinese buffet for lunch/dinner at about 3 PM. One full plate for lunch and then another for dinner. Two birds with one stone. I sure did test a lot of chicken out for the lunch and then for dinner it was Mongolian beef with butter potatoes. Wife has said she will do chocolate duty when she gets home. One day soon we will make some of amberbaby's fudge. I do wish I could share some of the heat wave with those in the sub zero areas. I had the AC on again today in the car. Tonight the windows will be open with a fan pulling in cool air. Refusing to turn on the AC at home.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:02 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,008,490 times
Default what about the recipe with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Quick question .... HELLLPPPP!!!! EMERGENCY!!!!!

I am supposed to be making fudge for tonight but have run out of butter - I have a little bit, and about a stick's worth of I Can't Believe it's not Butter, which my neighbor has kindly lent me!

I have the other ingredients (sugar, evaporated milk, etc)

Anyone know of a recipe which needs little butter - or can I use the I Can't Believe stuff to make fudge ????... (original)

Thanks!!!
what about the recipe on the kraft jar for marshmallow creme..
it calls for 3/4 cup of butter or mararine.....could you use some of what you have and add a little veg oil???

damn not be able to make fudge..

we are 65 miles from a store and have frozen some margarine/butter etc.
just for this kind of emerg.

I am goin to make some tomorrow..

Happy trails,

HW

Old 12-15-2008, 04:06 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,008,490 times
Default Turkey soup/rice and noodles...

and fresh Soppillias(sp) with honey..

and a Hot Coffee drink...coffee/hot choc/creme d' coaco/kalula/brand/whipped creme/and a touch of cinnamon....

oh yeah.

HW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink