Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2008, 10:34 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,297,509 times

Advertisements

SKBS................Go on to bed now you sweet thing.........confident in the fact that all of us just love you to death, and that we love you in spite of the fact that you have this weird anti-bone thing going on, not to mention your repulsion to fish guts, et al..........You are still our very own SKBS and we will all help you through this most trying "anti-skeletal" episode you are going through!

Old 12-14-2008, 10:36 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
LOL I have been spelling Carcass wrong! HAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Well, I am taking my CACASS to bed..... with my neck entact thank you kindly.....leaving a dollar for the Diva since she lost a tooth tonight.....nasty blood- couldn't handle it- Hubby had to deal- tellin' ya it was NASTY!.....LOL you all I know I know.....DIva doesn't fall too far from the Diva tree huh? LOL This girlie girl is tired and I have too much PTA garbage to do tomorrow..... blah..... I think it will be BONEless chicken breasts for dinner Monday night..... with pasta.... and da da da da..... BROCCOLI!!!!!!!! I might be on in the afternoon.... but it will be a chipmunk crazy day..... cya all later.....
Now see I was just about to respond to MWBW's post on her hubby giving her weird looks laughing in a room all alone and now your post just made me truly spit my water out so I wouldn't choke skbs!

You realized you were spelling carcass wrong then in the next paragraph you spelled it yet again differently! I have tears running down the side of my face and I know I am going to wake up one of my kids. Good thing I have a strong bladder or it would have been gone long ago tonight friends.

Take your 'cacass' and go to bed missy!

Last edited by Jaxson; 12-14-2008 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: spelling :D

Old 12-15-2008, 01:48 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,642 times
The weekend is gone again. Was it even there?

I've been to three "parties" this weekend.
Christmas party no. 1 with the company on Friday. Christmas party no. 2 from DH's soccer team on Sat and my in-laws 25th anniversary in a cocktail bar yesterday evening.

Now you know what I've been cooking all weekend. NOTHING! But I had so much and delicious food choices it's a wonder I didn't gain 4-6 lbs the last three days.

Hope you all have a great Monday.

Diana

Old 12-15-2008, 05:24 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Good morning all you chatty folk!

Amber for sure will pray for Will.

Elston-so glad son's heat is back.

MiguelsMom-how much fun.

I read some pages and am now officially exhausted from SKBS's escapades. Back to bed for me! LOL.

It's 13 below with a wind chill of 35 below and dropping to 45 below later in the day. Our guy plowed us and shoveled us last night but we're going nowhere!!!!

Took a container of gravy out of the freezer-so spaghetti tonight also defrosting a chicken in the fridge for tomorrow.

Last edited by LaceyEx; 12-15-2008 at 06:02 AM..

Old 12-15-2008, 05:55 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Amber, papa Will is in my prayers and you and DH are too. I know this is a difficult time for all of you.

Lacey...that is cold!! That is beyone cold!! Come on out here and thaw out a bit. It's suppose to get up to 70 here this week!

Skbs...I laughed my way through several pages here...yep, the fruit sure doesn't fall far from the tree! But hey, I love fishing but just can't bring myself to bait my own hook. Amber thinks I am crazy! She easily baits her own hooks! I also cannot take the fish off the hook or clean it. DH is my "Master-baiter" here! Ha! I have even caught a world record fish but have not cleaned a fish or baited a hook!! I do prefer cuts of meat with the bone because I think they have a better flavor but that's just me. I was raised that way and that's probably why I never even questoned it.

MiguelsMom, sounds like a wonderfully fun-filled week-end!

Elston--love the ice-fishing story! Thanks for sharing.

MBW--thanks for the link, I'll be sure to share it with DH!

Everyone else thanks for the good reading....have had a great start to my day just enjoying all the posts.

Good Monday morning everyone!!

Old 12-15-2008, 06:18 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,675,801 times
Morning...

Not a lot of time this morning to read all the post. Gotta get my cacass to the gym today. LOL......
I do the same thing SKS.

Lacey did see where you were going back to bed. Pleasant dreams.

Lets see.........I"m making a pot of veggie soup today. Hubby will probably want this too tonight.

No big deal. Easy and boring.

Have a wonder day everyone. will pop in later.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:19 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
Morning foodies for you all that were sleeping through the hysterics in this thread last night be warned! Put down any beverage before reading~~that is what I wish could be at the start of this thread for people checking in today. What a hoot my youngest asked me while getting ready for school if she was dreaming or was I laughing my rear end off last night.

Lacey I hope we don't get those freezing temps!

cyn what kind of world record fish did you catch?

My supper is half done since the kids didn't want the ribs I slow cooked yesterday. Yeah for me!

Now totally OT but all you foodie Survivor fans I don't recall any of you being in the Survivor thread for this season. Wasn't it a good one???

Old 12-15-2008, 06:25 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
I caught a Calico Bass out at Catalina island some years back. It still holds the womans record in the record books. Caliso Bass are not big fish to begin with but the one I caught was 7 lbs 7 ozs. Very exciting. There is a long story that goes along with it. I lost a good portion of my middle finger that week-end and had to have it reattached by the Dr. on the island. One to many Long Island Ice Teas! Ha! My finger was cut off in the door on the boat we were on for the weekend..."before" I caught the Calico Bass. When I caught the fish I wouldn't let anyone help me bring it in and ended up back in the hospital having my finger put back on a second time. I basically knocked it loose from winding in the line on the reel. But I got the fish!! Ha! Talk about a "die-hard"!!

Old 12-15-2008, 06:34 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times
Morning all,

Thanks for making me feel better after cooking my chicken upside down last night. I didn't know people do that intentailly. You learn something new everyday. I woke up to your reps and just wanted to check in. Tonight sausage and peppers for the hubby and sauteed flounder and veggies for me. I have to go write my story now before they get mad lol.

I'll check back later. Have a great day.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Really am laughing out loud SKBS! No the neck is cut and the bone tucked inside the carcus ha ha ha. I am not helping here ... I boil that and the bag o stuff to make the broth to add to the stuffing. I know it sounds yucky... I am still at a giggle
I simmer it all (except the bag itself of course) for several hours continually adding water as it simmers off until the meat falls off the neck bone. I then pull out the neck and dice the liver and gizzard, skim the fat and add salt/pepper and add the diced meat back in and thicken with corn/potato starch.
If I smoke the turkey I'll add some of the pan drippings in from the smoker to give it the smokey taste...

As for cooking the turkey with the bag in, my DW will be happy to hear she's not the only one! Our first turkey as a married couple went in the oven and cooked with the bag in, she was soooo emabarassed when her parents showed up, she pulled out this good looking bird with this quasi-melted bag inside . Took her dad (who was a cook for years) about an hour to calm her down and convince her it was no big deal since we didn't eat the "inside" area.
That event has been re-told almost every thanksgiving for the last 20 years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink