Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2009, 04:09 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times

Advertisements

Good morning all.

Amber I am so sorry about DH's cousin-so young.

Spread sounds wonderful.

Mr. L sounded "better"-more relieved last night when we spoke. Thank you all.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:32 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
All this is for my Hub and his family. His cousin passed away yesterday in his sleep. 36 years old. They are all getting together. I waned to make sure there was food.... I am staying home with the little one..

Condolences to your husband and family.

I always try to take something positive from sad things. I let this serve as a reminder to never miss a chance: to tell someone you love that you do, hug your kids, watch a sunset, share good food/times with good friends, etc., etc., etc............it's a long list of simple things all too easily put on a back burner. The only guarantee is there are no guarantees.

Last edited by burdell; 02-22-2009 at 06:25 AM..

Old 02-22-2009, 06:12 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Amber.... so sorry for the loss of DH's cousin.... so young....

Lacey.... Hope DH feels even better today...

Feeling GREAT today Not just saying it...I really do. Heading to church in a bit. Might go see my parents this afternoon. I think I am going to make turkey meatloaf and baked yams with Broc for dinner.... a nice salad w/o spinach or green peppers...LOL.... Last night's bangers and mash were a big hit and I was so glad to be cooking again. Something about eating REAL food and not grabbing and going.... just makes you feel better.....

Old 02-22-2009, 06:14 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Well said burdell! An so true!
Lacey, keep us updated about Mr. L please. I am so happy to hear he is feeling better.
Amber, I am sure the sandwiches will be wonderful---I have not tasted anything you have made that wasn't perfect!
Skbs, I had no clue about the beets and spinache...what a drag! You said you eat beets to snack on---what kind of beets? In a jar? That sounds so yummy!
We are going to do a shopping tonight so we will be going to Subway to get our dinner! Yum, that sounds so good to me today! And easy too!!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:19 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
I took a pork roast out to defrost.....so after church I will think about how to prepare it....roast of course...but with what sides and with what seasonings and additions? Temp and timing?

I would like to cook it slow with saurkraut....but sometimes saurkraut causes problems for me . More likely I will do it with onions and potatoes and carrots or parsnips....and perhaps cole slaw on the side. OMG I had best look up that cole slaw recipe (Col. Saunders) that I think Amber posted awhile ago.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:26 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Cyn....I have cans of beets just siitting in the pantry. I buy like 7 or 8 every 2 weeks. Then I will just get munchie at like 8 or9 pm and go get a can and sprinkle them with some seasonings and sit down and eat them. Hubby thinks I am nuts but they hit the spot and I am not eating KETTLE CHIPS LOL or other junk.... and I get the iron from them I don't get from the red meat I don't eat.... and then there is the Spinach.... the iron from the spinach.... I need to take a supplement I think....

LOL Ya know what is funny? I used to hate beets.... I never ate them until like this past fall.... then I got hooked. I have been eating those darn purple things left and right ever since.....

Old 02-22-2009, 06:32 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Elston-sprinkle some brown sugar and onions in your kraut after draining and rinsing. Put your roast on top! Yum

Cyn-great idea, I may do that. I was thinking of pepper n eggs and salad or chicken cacciatore-still have two 1 serving containers frozen. We'll see.

Forgot to mention yesterday when I got home our driveway was plowed and everything shoveled thanks to our lawn guy. What a beautiful surprise. Of course my big skid and near miss ditch/pond experience didn't do much for me!

Old 02-22-2009, 07:00 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Elston-sprinkle some brown sugar and onions in your kraut after draining and rinsing. Put your roast on top! Yum

Cyn-great idea, I may do that. I was thinking of pepper n eggs and salad or chicken cacciatore-still have two 1 serving containers frozen. We'll see.

Forgot to mention yesterday when I got home our driveway was plowed and everything shoveled thanks to our lawn guy. What a beautiful surprise. Of course my big skid and near miss ditch/pond experience didn't do much for me!

Maybe its the rinsing that I didnt do .

Old 02-22-2009, 07:16 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,674,084 times
Hey there everyone and happy sunday

Tonight I'm cooking a meal. Yay........
Got a turkey breast and I'm going to cook it in a portable electric oven. Tastes good in those things.
Will have sweet potatoe cassarole, cole slaw, stuffing, broccoli florets and white corn.
We are having some friends in to share our meal and they will bring the dessert.

Lacey...I use brown sugar in my kraut too.
Some people dont' like to drain the kraut cuz it takes the tart out. I always drain my cuz I dont' like it too tart.
and yay to your lawn guy lacey.

SKBS........I never used to eat beets either but now I love em. I like em harvard or pickled with sweet sour. yum...

Amber.........my condolences to you and your husbands family.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:11 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Amber- I am so sorry to hear about your DH cousin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Condolences to your husband and family.

I always try to take something positive from sad things. I let this serve as a reminder to never miss a chance: to tell someone you love that you do, hug your kids, watch a sunset, share good food/times with good friends, etc., etc., etc............it's a long list of simple things all too easily put on a back burner. The only guarantee is there are no guarantees.
burdell- You are so right. Live every day to the fullest.

It is very windy and snowy on our mountain this morning. We can't get out so it will be another day in the house.

I think tonight will be a "lightly" fried flounder for me and I have no idea what I will feed my DH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink