Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 07:22 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,964,882 times

Advertisements

Claim Jumper this evening. We split an appetizer of cheesy fried potato cakes. She had a strawberry margarita and some type of pasta with creamy sauce, I had an open face hot meatloaf sand with shoestrings. And two Long Island ice teas. *hic*

For afters we had flan. As usual, we came home with enough leftovers for two more meals. Well... two for her, one more meal for me.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
steak burger and yams n onions.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:31 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,874,275 times
I am stuffed from lunch..... dinner.... dunner... whatever you want to call it... DUNCH.... you get my drift.... the kids had soup at 7... as predicted...... Now the Chatterbox came home chuck full of **** and vinegar and has had one temper tantrum after another since before 8pm.... I am beyond annoyed at this point. I think she is just overly tired..... I have had enough. A lot of CRYING IT OUT is going on in the S House at the moment. I think it has something to do with the constant parties and the types of foods she has been eating.... mostly consisting of SUGAR.... and she isn't used to eating all of those baked goods..... DUH Skbs doesn't BAKE!!!!! She needs a total break from all of this holiday junk.... AS DO I...... Oh, I need some other kind of fairy at the moment.... the BEACH FAIRY to wisk me away to the tropical place where Juan stands with my fruity drink.... I want a PINK umbrella in my glass Juan....and a slice of pineapple please..... better not forget my sunglasses.... won't really need my suit as I don't swim.... but I have some lovely sundresses that I can choose from.... Oh, I am just wasting time with all of this gabbing.... I hope I didn't miss that fairy........

Old 01-02-2009, 07:35 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,063,528 times
Just me and the beautiful DD tonight, as the boys all went to the space centre at Houston - so we had a ball; ate just what we like... fresh-cooked broccoli and shrimp in garlic and oyster sauce with an egg roll on the side, and a glass of fizzy for me!

Happy tummies

Old 01-02-2009, 07:42 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,063,528 times
Hey - just a few more posts to go till we reach 20,000 - woooo hooo!!! Maybe before we go back to work/school on Monday...

Old 01-02-2009, 07:43 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,545,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I know, it's gross to cook, but you can get past it. You are woman.
Fry about 4 strips of bacon over med-low heat to render the fat. Then slice 1 big onion per person into the frying pan and add a bit of salt. Sizzle it for about 45 mins, flipping frequently until the onions are carmelized. Meanwhile, rinse the liver under cold water, drain and dredge in flour, salt and pepper. Push the onions to the edge of the pan, add a bit more oil, if necessary. Saute the liver until brown on both sides. I prefer it still pink inside.
Go for it.
LOL, I won't even touch it to cook it. Hubby has to eat it out if he wants it! Thanks anyway for the cooking tip.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:44 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,340,091 times
<snort!> I read your post a bit too fast and got to this sentence:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
won't really need my suit
but missed this part

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
as I don't swim
and nearly fell off my chair laughing, thinking to myself, skbs has clearly mistaken this forum for the "Looking to spice up my life" thread in some other forum completely!

Old 01-02-2009, 07:46 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,874,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
<snort!> I read your post a bit too fast and got to this sentence:

but missed this part

and nearly fell off my chair laughing, thinking to myself, skbs has clearly mistaken this forum for the "Looking to spice up my life" thread in some other forum completely!
LOL LOL Did you say you fell off your rocker?

MWBW CD is being stingy.... they are say I can't rep ya anymore......darn it.... that surely deserves one.... hopefully someone will help me out......

Old 01-02-2009, 07:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Yum yum! I love tom yum soup. Sorry for being punny.

I like to steep the broth with the ginger and chiles and lemon grass etc. by letting it bubble away with the lid on for 20 minutes or so, and then straining the broth. Then I put all the other goodies in. I don't like how Thai restaurants give it to you with lots of inedible stuff floating in it.
Can we save the "puns" for lunch?

Old 01-02-2009, 08:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
Lacey, if the storms you’re getting are the ones from here and I’m guessing they are hang on to your shovels and blowers it’s a doosy so far! Hasn't stopped snowing for the last 2 days and we (our subdivision) had to hire a tractor to push all the snow berms back off the road so the plow had a place to push it tomorrow. At this point I have to step up to get off my front deck/porch.

As for the soup, I’m wondering if Romano would work as well as Asiago?

SKBS, tried to rep MWBW for ya but I'm out of reps for the time being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink