Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 05:58 AM

50,407 posts, read 64,151,599 times

Advertisements

Jaxson..you might want to try Sam's Club Take and Bake pizza, if you're near a Sam's. We think it's pretty good.
I make it from scratch a lot, too, since it's not difficult. I usually buy a can or jar of pizza sauce. Dough recipes are all over the internet, and then just plop on whatever toppings float your boat.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:19 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,753,371 times
Lacey I can smell your turkey here........must be the gentle breezes of winter LOL
Someone asked what type of pizza dough...I stock up on frozen bread dough because I like to ahve it handy if I make calzones or pizza or just hot bread but it is perfect for a pizza add sauce cheeses your favorite toppings more cheese and bake it.

Tonight is going to be rotisserie chicken.

I have so many leftovers from superbowl. My daughter and I went to the supermarket when we were hungry and bought so much stuff for the game...after the shrimpees and stuffed mushrooms we couldn't eat any more which is good for the diet though.
I had planned on nachos and either cheeseburgers or bratwurst with onions peppers mushrooms with provolone to be spaced out all day. That is now all in the freezer for another day.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Old 02-02-2009, 06:27 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,345,432 times
Class tonight again (yech) so it'll be leftovers in the break room before I head to the west side. Think I'll grab a container of last night's semi-strone soup.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:14 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,684,347 times
Morning all

Pork cutlets with cream of mushroom gravy, baked potato and a veggie.
Prolly stawberries and cream for dessert.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:21 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,217,543 times
Morning everyone, tonight for dinner will be leftovers from last night. A hodge podge of stuff, mac and cheese, wings and bratworst. I will figure out some sort of veggie to put with it. Hope everyone has a great day.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:39 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,428,331 times
Good morning. It sounds like so many of you had a great "food" party yesterday with some of you still eating the leftovers. I have a sore throat and earache so I probably won't spend much time in the kitchen. It's a good thing I made a "super" pot of soup yesterday. I took out my "spicy" lasagna out of the freezer for my hubby. If I add a little plain sauce(gravy) it takes away the spiciness.

sg- How did you blacken the flounder?

elston- What colors did you choose? Show us pictures. I'm sorry about your microwave. At least you have a month on your warranty. It's amazing how we become so used to things. There was a time not so long ago when we didn't have microwaves and we managed, lol. I don't use one anymore because of the power it uses but when we are back on the road in our motor home I will definitely use it.

Lacey- Your turkey sounds so good. It's nice to have Turkey when it isn't the holidays.

cw- Thanks for the frozen brad dough idea. I never used that for pizza.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:40 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,282,162 times
Hi, all. I hope everybody survived SB Sunday. All the treats sounded so good. skbs, I'd love to hear how you made those filet mignon bites. They sounded excellent!

DH had his "day off" yesterday and didn't get home till after dinner time, so I took the "Little bits" of leftovers we had and made my dinner from that. Kind of a clean out the fridge night. Tonight, it's off to Ruby Tuesdays with our friends. I've never been to one. I hope it's good. We have a buy one, get one free coupon, which is a good thing. Guess I'll go to their website and check it out. Hey, at least it's not an AYCE Buffet for a change!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:42 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,282,162 times
Ylisa, I hope you feel better soon.

Elston, is your microwave a Kenmore? Our Kenmore dishwasher is doing something similar. We usually use the "Smartwash" button, but last week I used a different one, and the SW button is mad at me and won't come on. A month or so ago, the light that comes on when the washing cycle is going quit. And, lastly, the "delay cycle" button lights up in the middle of its wash. I'm debating whether to call, since our warrantee expired this fall.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:52 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,972,882 times
Mornin' all! I'm not that interested in deciding on what's for dinner..I was thinking something fast, like a steak sandwich w/onions & cheese whiz.

I'm thinking about making a banana nut bread in my bread machine that my son gave me for Christmas.

Have a wonderful day all!

Old 02-02-2009, 08:11 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,537,140 times
My my my.. what a busy weekend you all had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolagranola View Post

And when we have comany, often them seem to have never eaten what I'm making...it is funny for your food to be "weird"!

Tomorrow....leek sauce. Looove it! Made it today, so the flavors have time to meld together. I'll serve it over some type of textured pasta w/fresh bread.
I adore leeks. How do you make leek sauce?

Also, what are the two "weirdest" things (to your brother in law) that you've served?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Hi all! No Super bowl here either elston once the Bears are done so are we with football.

Here is a question I keep forgetting to ask my foodie friends when you all post you have pizza do you make it or buy it? Pick up or delivered? We are out in the boonies so no deliveries for us and haven't made one from scratch in a long time. I figure by the time I go pick one up I could have already made something at home quicker. Now if we have a hankering for pizza while we are out somewhere I will pick one up on our way home sometimes.
I'm done with football once the Chargers are out, I understand completely! We did watch some of the Superbowl, but then missed most of the supposedly exciting second half because we were busy watching Big Love! We are addicted to that show.

I made some "cheater" pizza this weekend:

Nice quality sourdough sandwich bread spread with pizza sauce, topped with pepperoni, grated cheddar, and thin thin sliced red onion.
Cooked it in my toaster oven on 400 until cheese melted, then cranked it to broil for a minute.

Tonight we are having spaghetti. Some of last weekend's gravy is defrosting as we speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.