Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 08:03 AM

278 posts, read 910,500 times

Advertisements

I enjoy my own cooking but I'm not sure everyone else does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 08:25 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Its not like I dont care for my own cooking, I used to cook professionally, and love my own cooking! I think what it is, I just get tired of being the only one that cooks. My husband is a wonderful cook, but I have spoiled him rotten, so he rarely does anymore. I think I just would like to be spoiled once in a while myself, does that make sense?
I know exactly how you feel.
I do enjoy my own cooking and I don't feel a pressing need to go out to restaurants, but it's nice to share the burden.
I've had fun with our kids home over the holidays, working in the kitchen.
My husband used to be such an amazing baker; he had such patience.
Then we got married, we were no longer 20-somethings, and all his baking sort of dwindled down to nothing.
He works hard and when he gets home he just wants to sit down and relax.
OTR--that sounds like a very exotic cooking group!
I can see how it would hone one's sense of culinary adventure.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:40 AM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,066,583 times
Quote:
I love my own cooking! I also enjoy the rituals that go along with cooking. The selection and shopping of the ingredients, the chopping, the tasting and the adjustment of the spices. But I still enjoy eating out.
I have to agree, I love thinking up what I'm going to cook and especially creating something new. The chopping is therapuetic for me, as is seeing how much my hubby enjoys it, as do I. We used to live near some younger male friends and let me tell ya these boys could eat. I loved cooking for them, there was never anything left over. I've cooked for a few people who are just not big eaters, they're no fun to cook for, it's an insult to the cook if you don't want seconds of something, especially if the cook has spent a lot of time preparing the meal.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:06 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
I know exactly how you feel.
I do enjoy my own cooking and I don't feel a pressing need to go out to restaurants, but it's nice to share the burden.
I've had fun with our kids home over the holidays, working in the kitchen.
My husband used to be such an amazing baker; he had such patience.
Then we got married, we were no longer 20-somethings, and all his baking sort of dwindled down to nothing.
He works hard and when he gets home he just wants to sit down and relax.
OTR--that sounds like a very exotic cooking group!
I can see how it would hone one's sense of culinary adventure.
I do like to eat out, Thai and Indian especially, but I also like to cook this stuff at home. I even grow some of the specialty ingredients one needs, that I cant find here in Ocala. Cant get my husband to touch anything like that, though, sure wish I had a cooking group here!

Old 12-31-2007, 07:40 PM

187 posts, read 614,051 times
Default Love it, but

I love to cook the whole prep of a good meal. a little of this, maybe some of that, mmm maybe more of that, then i can never eat much when its done. Also my family size has reduced so I always make to much and end up dumping have of it when i clean the fridge.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:07 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,401,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earniefan View Post
I have to agree, I love thinking up what I'm going to cook and especially creating something new. The chopping is therapuetic for me, as is seeing how much my hubby enjoys it, as do I. We used to live near some younger male friends and let me tell ya these boys could eat. I loved cooking for them, there was never anything left over. I've cooked for a few people who are just not big eaters, they're no fun to cook for, it's an insult to the cook if you don't want seconds of something, especially if the cook has spent a lot of time preparing the meal.
Isn't that the truth? It's great to see someone really go after the food you cook. Gives you a reason to cook some more!

Greenie

Old 12-31-2007, 09:13 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Isn't that the truth? It's great to see someone really go after the food you cook. Gives you a reason to cook some more!

Greenie
too true! i had some guys that i used to cook for in college, boy, was that good for my ego

Old 01-01-2008, 08:11 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
I like my cooking unless I screw it up somehow. My dh works offshore and is gone for weeks at a time. It's always hard to scale when he leaves and it's just my dd and myself. We're happy to eat grilled cheese sandwiches or chalupas. When he comes home meals become slightly more elaborate. He cooks too, though, so it's a good trade-off.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:16 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,401,511 times
Okay, this is weird. Four days ago, I made chicken and root vegetable stew. I make it and then toss it in the fridge. I don't eat it. It just sits there.

A day and a half later I walk into the kitchen and there is this lovely smell. I say to my friend, "What is that wonderful smell?" She says, "I'm eating some of your stew."

My stew? My stew smells that good? Sure enough I started eating it and it was quite good. I'm nearly done with it and I want to make it again!

greenie

Old 01-02-2008, 05:09 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
I hate cooking so usually by the time I have had to shop for the ingredients, cooked and washed ( I do it as I go along) I tend to lose interest and don't enjoy it so much. I so much prefer when someone else does the cooking then I can truly enjoy it !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink