Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2016, 02:42 PM

4,691 posts, read 3,469,057 times

Advertisements

Well we were going to spend Easter up in Vermont but my sister called on Thursday. She wants us to go over there, BIL is in bad shape so we will go......Vermont will be there when we have time.
She asked if my husband will make a lamb dish. He makes a beautiful rack rubbed with ras el hanout and served with a red wine reduction. It tastes like heaven. We will probably bring deviled eggs. It's a good way to use up the Easter eggs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 03:34 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,403,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Don't know your sister in law and don't want to insult anyone, but she sounds pretty rude and spoiled to me or it is her way of getting attention. We always try to be considerate and serve a variety of foods so there is something for everyone, but there is a limit.

Her is our menu for Easter:

We are doing the smoked brats and smoked chicken pieces. I am also making a cold slaw and a citrus spinach salad plus bb cued beans, one spicy, one night. Others are bringing, dessert, deviled eggs and appetizers. That is more than enough to give everyone something to eat they can enjoy.
She's rude, spoiled and it is her way of getting attention. You hit the nail on the head.

Old 03-05-2016, 03:56 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
easter is early this year,,,

st patricks day and easter in the same month!

st patricks day is the 17th (btw)

ham is the tradition in these parts.... and lamb

baked ham.... and maybe lobsters, or a boneless lamb leg,,,,on the rotisserie

watermelon

corn

fruit salad

Old 03-05-2016, 05:42 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,625,801 times
I originally intended to make the traditional ham, but I've been wanting ham again ever since Thanksgiving, so I'm going to make my ham tomorrow and have decided to make a pork tenderloin roast instead on Easter. I also bought a boneless turkey breast that I will roast and will also make stuffing and mashed potatoes to go along with the ham tomorrow. It's gonna be like Thanksgiving all over again, except I wasn't able to find the brown 'n' serve rolls that I like and there won't be any pumpkin pie.

This was all originally supposed to be for Easter, but I just couldn't wait 'til then now that I've actually purchased the items for my meal.

The pork tenderloin roast on Easter is going to be accompanied by mashed potatoes. I will also make deviled eggs and I've been liking the idea of a carrot cake as well for dessert. I'll buy that when it gets closer to Easter (I don't like to bake and store bought is just fine for me). This year I'll be alone for Easter. Some Easters I spend with family and some I just stay home by myself. I don't have any kids so it will be nice not to have to use leftover colored eggs for my deviled eggs like in many years past.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:47 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,809,581 times
Our traditional Easter dinner is roast leg of lamb with new potatoes cooked in the drippings, fresh asparagus, and strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:50 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
Our traditional Easter dinner is roast leg of lamb with new potatoes cooked in the drippings, fresh asparagus, and strawberry shortcake for dessert.
set me a plate,,,, I love lamb

Old 03-05-2016, 05:59 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,341,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I don't even know when Easter is let alone what meal we will be having.
If I had not read the other responses, I also would not have known that Easter is this month. It is probably that our minds are filled with so many other things.

Anyway, Easter is on a Sunday, I apparently had no plan since I did not know it was this month, so it looks like it will be some type of pasta with Sunday gravy. I might make a lemon coconut cake for dessert.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:06 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,280,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
If I had not read the other responses, I also would not have known that Easter is this month. It is probably that our minds are filled with so many other things.

Anyway, Easter is on a Sunday, I apparently had no plan since I did not know it was this month, so it looks like it will be some type of pasta with Sunday gravy. I might make a lemon coconut cake for dessert.
Yup, same here. I had no idea when Easter fell this year. We have no particular plans, except "not ham", lol. For all I can tell at this point, we might have waffles! Okay, probably not waffles. Maybe a roast or a tenderloin, though, and I have to make sure to fix something the in laws will eat, since we usually share holiday dinners with them.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:43 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,017,648 times
I haven't a clue when Easter is, either, but we will have corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's day. Probably folks will get all yaya about Easter before it happens so we will have time to boil a few eggs. Not sure what that has to do with Easter, but I like deviled eggs. Oh, yeah, and Peeps. We will nuke a peep! That makes it officially Easter around here.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:46 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,449,871 times
Whatever is on the menu to choose from in our cruise ships dining room that evening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink