Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 09:13 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
pickles! great gifts!!

I always loved those gifts even as Christmas gifts of ..home-made foods from pickles to relish to dried/salted fish to jerky.. and even sausage

one of my favorite quotes/stories I heard decades ago -
in Africa, a teacher had a birthday coming up, one of her students was very poor and could not buy a gift, so on the day of her birthday, the students would walk to the front of the class, and say happy birthday to the beloved teacher and give her a gift, amongst all the well, packaged and glittering gifts, the boy walked up and put a piece of drift wood on her desk and said happy birthday, and went to sit down,,, other kids started making fun of the piece of wood,
so the teacher spoke up and asked, "is there something special about this piece of wood"? the boy stood up, and said yes ma'am, I walked 12 miles to the ocean and back last night to get it, my gift is not the wood, but the effort to get the wood, I did not have any money to buy you a gift" , the teachers eyes filled and she hugged the boy.

when someone makes a gift, like jam or jerky or even a cake... it means a little bit more
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
and that is why receiving a birthday card in the mail means a lot more that someone sitting in frontof a computer and clicking on........." Happy Birthday"

The extra effort of selecting a card and mailing it makes it special.
Irony: It's my birthday today and here's yet ANOTHER year that I didn't get a birthday card from MaineBrokerMan. Pffffft.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:15 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Humans are opinionated.
Humans believe they are always right.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:18 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Irony: It's my birthday today and here's yet ANOTHER year that I didn't get a birthday card from MaineBrokerMan. Pffffft.
No way! He shipped me a 4.5 lb prime rib for my birthday last year, and an enormous Maine lobster...my vegan family members fainted when I opened the gift.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:10 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
well, Happy Birthday!!!!

instead of mailing a card,,,i thought id hand deliver it, and I do have a package for you

I think we are the same age .. 38?

Hope you have/had a great day !!!!

Old 05-21-2017, 04:12 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
No way! He shipped me a 4.5 lb prime rib for my birthday last year, and an enormous Maine lobster...my vegan family members fainted when I opened the gift.
lol....

it was my pleasure

Old 05-21-2017, 07:14 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Too funny!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
well, Happy Birthday!!!!

instead of mailing a card,,,i thought id hand deliver it, and I do have a package for you

I think we are the same age .. 38?

Hope you have/had a great day !!!!
Thank you for the wishes!!! I had a lovely day.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! I bet you do!

Yes, same age: 25. (If you're dyslexic, it works. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink