Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 08:29 AM

48,167 posts, read 22,022,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Hi Cyn and other foodies who may have missed it when I "announced" that my Dear Partner and I are going to Japan 5/11 thru 6/9.
We will visit family, meet new babies and check on how much the last crop have grown and visit friends. We have one friend who has been seriously ill so it will be good to see her....we will spend a couple of days in Tokyo....my partner's sister lives near there and we have 2 very close friends in Tokyo....then we will go down to Kyushu where the folks and an umpteen uncles and aunts and cousins live. We will do some sight seeing....we plan to go over to Nagasaki for a couple of days and probably to an onsen (hot springs) resort.

When I get back I will fill you in on the highlights of the trip.

Last edited by elston; 04-27-2009 at 08:48 AM..

Old 04-27-2009, 08:36 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,328,487 times
Ahhhh, elston, do you suppose you could stick me in your suitcase??? Hmmmm, probably not, they check those pretty close now days---how about if I put myself in the mail and meet you there??

Old 04-27-2009, 09:00 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,456,106 times
Sausage, green pepper, onion, and mushroom pizza and a garden salad.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:02 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,874,941 times
Elston you will have such a wonderful trip catching up! I would love to go to Japan! To scenery, the food, just everything about it is so different. My father did so much business over there when I was growing up.... I always wanted to go. He spent about a week a month there for several years. Have fun and enjoy.....

So I have a couple of minutes.... and I promised a divasode....

Thurs afternoon Diva had a friend over for a tea party... which turned into a mini hospital ward with mini boo boos of sort and Diva got a splinter in her pinky that she thought she would pull out all by herself.... well she ended up making it too short and I couldn't get an end to show enough to get that little sucker out. THAT and she wouldn't let me near it without screaming bloody murder loud enough for everyone within a mile of our house to hear her. We soaked it, we tried all of the silly things like putting tape on our finger and pulling it, pouring glue and letting it dry in hopes it pulled it out.... NOTHING... she still wouldn't let me near her without laying on the ground hiding in the corner having a nervous break down.... as if I would cut her finger off. So in the morning her finger was looking rather nasty, infected and it was hurting. She woke up begging to soak it and put more glue on it and call Grandpa he'll get it out! I had had enough!!! So I called the Ped's office.... little did I know she heard me say "This might take more than one person" (remembering the Flu Shot episode) WHY MOMMY WHY???? WHY WILL IT TAKE MORE THAN ONE PERSON???!!!!??!!! then She was on the ground telling me it was her life and her finger and she wasn't going! That the splinter didn't need to come out! LOL.... you can only imagine how much fun it was getting that strong willed 6 yo out of my house and into the car!!! So, after the loud tear filled car ride full of WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO? PLEASE TURN AROUND! TAKE ME HOME! DON'T DO THIS TO ME! It was a wonderful car ride... We get to the Ped's office.... we arrive and all the receptionsts see her ashen face and rush her into the room... I have already warned her there will be HE*L to pay if we have another Flu Shot episode and she better not try it again.... So, the nurse comes in and starts rooting through the drawer of TOOLS and the poor DIVA's face is totally shocked and her eyes bug out of her skull. She grabs my arm so hard I think she might break it. The nurse sees this and shoves the tools back in the drawers and says the Dr doesn't need it and says not to worry about it.... out she goes.... a few minutes later the Dr comes in with a nurse and he has a bag in his pocket.... he is telling her some jokes... calms her down... we get her to lay down.... I think oh good... this is going well... then she tries to sit up.... the nurse and I have to HOLD HER DOWN!!!!! She has her head and I have her feet... (now remember THIS IS JUST A SPLINTER!!!!!)... The Dr takes his needle pops out the splinter as fast as can be... Diva sees the dot of blood and SCREAMS: IT'S OVER YIPPEE!!!!!!!! and starts to sob..... she is shaking like crazy.... the poor kid had herself all worked up over this tiny splinter for the whole night and all morning... then she couldn't stop crying... and she ended up getting sick my car on the way home It was the craziest Thing.... all over a tiny splinter.....

So, there you go.... your divasode for the day....

I am off to preK.... have a lovely day.... We are doing the fridge cleanout for dinner. Trying to get ready for Disney. I am just throwing mish mash together this week. No shopping. Grab and go... The kids will probably get another night of hotdogs and what ever side I have on hand.... Fidge Clean Out A-la- Cart

Old 04-27-2009, 09:11 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,095,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
So I have a couple of minutes.... and I promised a divasode....
OMG!!! You should so win an award, plaque, ribbon or something for living through that episode!

I think I need a sedative or something after reading that post! I can only imagine what it would have been like being there and experiencing it. (no not really, but I thought I would be sympathetic. Did it come across as such?)

Old 04-27-2009, 09:17 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,521,910 times
SKBS, someday you can tell her fiance the story of "the most expensive splinter removal ever."

Somehow I always end up imagining you telling these stories to the future Mr. Diva.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:19 AM

48,167 posts, read 22,022,438 times
OMG skbs.....it reminds me of when my mother would get out her sewing box and get a needle and then strike a match and put the point thru the flame to sterilize it.....and then go after the splinter! Yikes! I sympathize with the poor kid.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:30 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,328,487 times
Oh the drama!! Your very own drama queen skbs!! How lucky are you?? Poor little diva...that had to be scary for her. My sister was so much like that. Honestly I think they have such amazing imaginations and it just gets away with them!! The thought of losing an arm to a Dr. with a huge chain saw or knife. I mean that is scary stuff!! Bless her heart she made it through it all and stll has her finger!

Old 04-27-2009, 09:33 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,200,602 times
skbs I hope you are keeping a journal of Divasodes. We need to keep an eye on you that you don't start tipping the bottle a bit more as our resident Diva grows. Glad Diva survived yet another episode give her a hug from all of us please.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:34 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,300,210 times
Elston - Y'all are going to have so much fun! Please take notes so we can all live vicariously through you! And pictures!

SKBS - You had a time didn't you? And poor little Diva, too! Boy oh boy, I am with Debsi on the telling of the future Mr. Diva! You need to write a journal!!

Dinner got changed a little - Decided to have the turkey legs in the crockpot, and have some cornbread dressing to go with instead of the rice- I have already baked the cornbread and added a chopped onion to the mixture when I baked it. Sure is smelling good! Just wish I had some livers/gizzards/etc... for the giblet gravy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink