Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 12:01 PM

479 posts, read 1,456,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
That meat does sound good, RCM.

Turkey is in the oven with a sweet potato (which we'll share). In a few minutes, I'll start steaming the cauliflower and brussel sprouts. We'll also have fresh cuke and cranberry sauce. DH wants it for dunch/linner, so we'll be eating early today.
LOL! Already started that 4 o'clock dinner time in Florida???

Sounds good -- and we share baked potatoes, too, sweet and regular. Don't need all those carbs.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:12 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times
Buffalo turkery burgers with blue cheese crumbles, german potato salad and tomato cucumber salad here. I'm skipping the bun in favor of the potato salad. Yum!
At least that is what I'm planning. My oldest has his last evening of VBS so if there is food at the party, I may cave.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:21 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTS Mom View Post
LOL! Already started that 4 o'clock dinner time in Florida???

Sounds good -- and we share baked potatoes, too, sweet and regular. Don't need all those carbs.
Oh, this has been a thing on our families for years - big dinner = early dinner. Christmas, T'giving, all those meals were always around 1 in the afternoon.

The benefit, besides having everything put away before most people are sitting down to dinner??? Cocktail hour has already started!

Not only that, ACTSMom, but have you noticed that the potatoes they sell now are big enough to serve a family of 5 with only one potato? It's ridiculous! You can't find a normal sized potato anywhere.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:43 PM

Dinner turned out really, really good. I hardly even missed the gravy, mashed 'taters and stuffing. OH, and the apple pie. Plus, I don't feel like an overstuffed chair after dinner. But mouth is still very, very happy.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:07 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Now I'm anxious for my turkey tomorrow. Have you ever grilled them?So good-have to do it offheat side tho.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:10 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
skbs is this a belated bday party or was it Diva's bday with the ding dong cake a few weeks ago?

Nomad this is when you should have impressed her with some of your bachelor recipes. Is she staying home or just a visit tonight?

Debsi check out my last post in the lunch thread Nomad and you were talked about during my lunch yesterday. What was the Chilito from Taco Bell I kind of remember the name.

HL yes do let us know if the sweet fries come out crispy. You can also double fry them to get them crispier. See I typed that when I read you post then I see others telling you the same thing about frying twice.

cyn did your little guy come back safe & sound?

Hi ya foodies! Last night I had a really nice 'cliff note' response ready to post when this stupid Vista just shut down my computer out of the blue. Hoping to get my XP back on Monday I'm praying it is completely fixed now after 4 trips into the shop since April.

Tonight we are having corned beef and the smell in our house is driving us all wild with anticipation! Boiled potatoes, steamed cauliflower and a nice salad is going along with it. Jello for dessert.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:10 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,873 times
Good Afternoon Foodie Friends!

I will have to make this short today and catch up on all the pages from last night. I hope everyone has had a great day and a wonderful evening.

My company will be here in about 45 mins. for tonight's dinner. Here is the menu:

Starters: Prosciutto with Honey Dew Melon, Eggplant Parm, & Mussels Marinara, crusty bread & Antipasto
Entree: Chicken cutlets stuffed with Parma Prosciutto, sage and Gruyere cheese baked with mushrooms, butter and Marsala wine served over fresh, organic Arugula, steamed Asparagus and roasted Sazon potatoes with shallots and garlic
Desert: Fresh peach pie and vanilla ice cream

I hope everyone has a lovely dinner. I will catch up with you all tomorrow. kelsie

Last edited by kelsie; 06-12-2009 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: added text

Old 06-12-2009, 02:14 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Plans got changed. No wife for another week. Guess that means I can have hot and spicy sloppy joes tonight. I have a fresh tomato so I get my Vitamin C....And I do some frozen fries in the oven.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Kelsie-how lucky is your company????????? Now I know I'm moving there.

Bacing for another week Noma? You really have been doing very well.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Now I'm anxious for my turkey tomorrow. Have you ever grilled them?So good-have to do it offheat side tho.
Love grilled turkey. It's just been too hot here to do any grilling outside. At least inside there's A/C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Good Afternoon Foodie Friends!

I will have to make this short today and catch up on all the pages from last night. I hope everyone has had a great day and a wonderful evening.

My company will be here in about 45 mins. for tonight's dinner. Here is the menu:

Starters: Prosciutto with Honey Dew Melon, Eggplant Parm, & Mussels Marinara, crusty bread & Antipasto
Entree: Chicken cutlets stuffed with Parma Prosciutto, sage and Gruyere cheese baked with mushrooms, butter and Marsala wine served over fresh, organic Arugula, steamed Asparagus and roasted Sazon potatoes with shallots and garlic
Desert: Fresh peach pie and vanilla ice cream

I hope everyone has a lovely dinner. I will catch up with you all tomorrow. kelsie
Lacey and I can be there shortly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink