Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 07:19 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone!
Lacey, how is DH doing today? How are you doing? Remember you always have us to talk to here if you feel the need. MWBW is right about us all wanting to be there to help you through this.
Jaxson, my arm?? Let's just say I still think it needs an x-ray at the very least. No, it isn't right still but I do use it. It wakes me up in the night from pain. I just don't feel much like driving to Georgia again! I guess I am hoping with time it will heal or I'll just learn to live with it. UGH!!
Well since we didn't have those hot dogs last night we will have them tonight. We'll have the macaroni salad and sliced tomatoes for sides.
My tomatoe bushes are amazing me. There are so many tomatoes on them and they are huge. The bushes are a good 4-5 ft tall now. The tomatoes are still green but it won't be long now I suspect and they will be getting red!! Then we will be having tomatoes in everything!!

Old 06-30-2009, 07:31 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Good morning all. Thank you for the well wishes for DH's prep day today. I am going to be good and not do any cooking today. I don't want to torment my poor hubby with food smells.

I have lemon jello, banana pops, and broth ready to go for him. I will munch on fresh veggies and maybe some chicken today but not in front of hubby.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:32 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
It's too darn hot -- to cook two nights in a row.

Chicken last night was divine -- that spicy buttermilk gives the chicken such a silky texture under it's crispy shredded wheat armor - but I can't imagine heating up the kitchen again tonight.

So tonight is roast beef sandwich night. Will sneak some horseradish into the mayo, top with a huge tomato slice for me, a itty bitty wimpy one for DH.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:34 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
The puppy is an escape artist!!!! She learned how to get out of her little penned up area!!! AND PEED IN THE LIVING ROOM!!!!! I am not pleased... she is on my naughty list... Then she ran into the family room and left me a gift. Not a good morning for the puppy... who has been renamed TINK for Tinker Bell. The girls thought it more appropriate. Gonna be a long day.

Tonight I have this rolled beef....YES I SAID BEEF... dish that I picked up... it has a name I can't remember is Pizzole??? I forget.... It is wrapped around spinach, carrots and cheese. I will put some seasoning on it- slice up some peppers and onions.... cook some BROC of course.... salad. Some other veg... I have garlic bread I think. Maybe a little side of pasta. There ya go... that will be dinner

Ok.... off to puppy duty.... have a great day....

Old 06-30-2009, 08:17 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,873 times
skbs: you have to go to Pet Smart and get a crate for the puppy. Get a crate 1-1 sizes then your puppy. The puppy will eventually realize that is her "house". When you crate your puppy from the beginning and bring her out to have her food then put her outside right away to do her duty. It takes a couple of months of training but it is very effective. Even now, 5 yrs. later when I say we are going to the store, she walks into her crate and lays down. It is their sense of security, like being with their mother. When she is 6 mos. old you would benefit from puppy school and then training. Then when she is 5 years old she can eat the hard boiled eggs off your counter, like mine did yesterday.

I am making a big pot of gravy and meatballs today, so it will most likely be ravioli or penne, salad and bread.

Have a nice morning everyone, will check back later. kelsie

Old 06-30-2009, 08:56 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,417,496 times
Kelsie, I can smell it from here That was my Sunday dinner.

My plan for dinner tonight is chicken marsala, but I have to get out and start looking for a dress for DS wedding. I could be an all day thing.

Lacey Hope DH is feeling better and is in no pain. Prayers to you both.
Cyn Please take care of that arm even if it means traveling there again. I know this is going to sound silly but have your tried EMU oil I haven't used it but I have a friend who swears by that stuff.

Have a great day everyone.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:25 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
For dinnner.....I have scallops thawing out....yesterdays craving a day later.... Will probably just bake them with some Ritz cracker crumbs and butter.... and serve with rice and a salad...but that isnt written in stone.....not even in erasable crayon.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:37 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
For dinnner.....I have scallops thawing out....yesterdays craving a day later.... Will probably just bake them with some Ritz cracker crumbs and butter.... and serve with rice and a salad...but that isnt written in stone.....not even in erasable crayon.
Scallops, just about my all favourite thing to eat. I am so jealous.

Hello everyone, I hope DH is better Lacey and CynwldKat look after yourself and get that arm seen to.

I have a really painful left pinky at the moment, no idea what I did to it but the joint has been really swollen for a few days now. Silly how something so insignificant can really hurt. I feel like such a sissy ...

We are in the midst of a heatwave in Britain. Don't laugh please but to us it feels like hell - 33 Celsius today and about 900% humidity and I am welting and melting all at once... The idea of cooking is simply not appealing so tonight we are having a sweet Charentais melon for starters ( straight from the fridge - maybe I should rub myself with it instead for relief and cooling ?!? ) and main course looks like tuna, sweetcorn and pasta salad also cold from the fridge.

I absolutely hate the heat , makes me feel sluggish and lazy and all I want to do is lie there in a darkened room with the fan on. No air conditioning in the UK as it would be silly for the few truly hot days we get but those days are hell. I barely slept last night, it was sticky and almost warmer than during the day.

How you Southern Beauties do it on a regular basis is beyond me. I remember Atlanta in August, I thought I was going to die !
Mind you it's not just the South , Chicago was pure hell too...

As I said before you Americans are made of sterner stuff than we little European Wussies.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:44 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning everyone!
Lacey, how is DH doing today? How are you doing? Remember you always have us to talk to here if you feel the need. MWBW is right about us all wanting to be there to help you through this.
Jaxson, my arm?? Let's just say I still think it needs an x-ray at the very least. No, it isn't right still but I do use it. It wakes me up in the night from pain. I just don't feel much like driving to Georgia again! I guess I am hoping with time it will heal or I'll just learn to live with it. UGH!!
Well since we didn't have those hot dogs last night we will have them tonight. We'll have the macaroni salad and sliced tomatoes for sides.
My tomatoe bushes are amazing me. There are so many tomatoes on them and they are huge. The bushes are a good 4-5 ft tall now. The tomatoes are still green but it won't be long now I suspect and they will be getting red!! Then we will be having tomatoes in everything!!
Cyn, (stern mother voice) you get your butt to the doctor ASAP. THe longer you let that stuff go, the worse it gets and the worse the repair.

I just hate having to be mom sometimes. But we care about you and want you pain free and healthy.

Back to being friend....

The tomatoes sound good. Call me if you need help eating!

Elston, those scallops sound good.

Not sure what's for dinner tonight. DOn't want a big, heavy meal since I'm traveling tomorrow. Maybe we'll go out for dunch/linner. Who knows?

Well, gang, I'm going to leave the table now. I may not be back till after the 17th, but I'll think about you all often. Save some good food for me, ok? HUgs to you all.

As our dear friend Julia would say....Bon Appetit!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:44 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Moosketeer, I don't think you'd have made it at the baseball game I went to on Saturday.

It was 106 (41 C !!!!) per the car thermometer on the way there for the 7:05 PM start, and we ran into a major traffic jam on the way as a freeway was shut down.

There were older cars littered around the jam because they'd overheated and wouldn't start.

Once we got to the game, we were relieved that it "wasn't that bad" because it was a bit overcast. I think it was 99 by then. 96 when we left in the 8th inning, around 9:something. That's around 36 celcius..

Moosketeer is a girly-mon! We've gotta... PUMP HER UP!

(old Saturday Night Live reference Moosie)

Kidding aside, not that I was loving that weather, but your body really does adjust somewhat. My first year here from San Diego, I was such a girly-mon too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink