Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2009, 08:12 AM

1,392 posts, read 3,128,675 times

Advertisements

Rachel Ray definately. Nobody is that cheerful. Second would be Paula Deen but only if she started talking. I can't stand her voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 08:34 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,072,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
He's like the Mad Scientist of cooking. Lol. I like him too!
Mad scientist ! ------ Mooooooohhhaaaaaa !

Old 10-31-2009, 08:44 AM

27,350 posts, read 27,405,100 times
I rarely to never watch those cooking shows but do love Emeril when he comes on, he's so cool about his cooking techniques!!

Old 10-31-2009, 09:19 AM

72,419 posts, read 18,205,480 times
I love Rachel Ray,she is very sweet and smiling all the time. I don't watch them much though.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Okay Rick Bayless-he's on PBS and I can handle him but would love to slap his daughter!

Remember back when Jacques Pepin had his daughter on his show? UGH!

And yes Martha Stewart altho I've never considered her a chef-just a scam perpetrated on the public.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:59 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Okay Rick Bayless-he's on PBS and I can handle him but would love to slap his daughter!

Remember back when Jacques Pepin had his daughter on his show? UGH!

And yes Martha Stewart altho I've never considered her a chef-just a scam perpetrated on the public.
I agree completely about the insertion of the daughters in their cooking shows - and believe me, I don't think it was daddy pushing the daughter in either incident! How pathetic that they (the parents) agreed to include their children in their shows (and that goes for Lidia Bastianich too - your kids and your grandkids and your mamma have all been on the show - shameless!) because the kids were hungering for the spotlight - I don't mind nepotism if the one being promoted is talented - which is definitely not the case for any of the aforementioned offspring. I'll give Lidia's mamma a break - she definitely had talent.

I watched Martha Stewart's show yesterday afternoon, and realized a new level of contempt I harbor for her. Arrogant and condescending doesn't even scratch the surface in describing this harpy. I find her to be possibly one of the most loathsome, despicable human beings on TV today. A slap wouldn't suffice in her case - A steaming pile of sh-- pie right in her face would be a good start, though!

ITA on slapping Paula, Giada, Bobby, Padma, basically everyone mentioned so far - someone mentioned that Rachael Ray had her throat scraped recently - why oh why didn't they do us all a favor and snip her vocal chords while they were all down her throat? What a service it could have been for mankind to spare the ears of millions from that shrill laugh and mind-numbing raspy affectatious prattle.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:17 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
Martha.

Well I hardly watch the food network anymore. Its so washed up with pathetic programming and the lack of talent, talent.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:22 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
And the prize goes to--------DontH8Me!!!!

Old 10-31-2009, 11:27 AM

968 posts, read 2,619,147 times
Quote:
And the prize goes to--------DontH8Me!!!!
Absolutely!!!! I was on the floor by the time I got to the end of the post

Old 10-31-2009, 11:40 AM

968 posts, read 2,619,147 times
Quote:
Wow and the Neeley's pass themselves off a HS sweeties. .
They were HS sweeties. Their first marriages and Gina's daughter occurred when Gina left Memphis after HS. During a HS reunion and they were both separated they reconnected. This is all per their Chefography. One thing I don't doubt is that they truly love each other (both then and now).

However, I feel the viewer is cheated because we don't get to see how good of a cook Pat may be due to including Gina (who I don't believe is as good of a cook as Pat and the Neely family). They seem like nice people but I place their show on the same level as PD's show and unequivocally--I'll pass on both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink