Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 02:26 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,767,984 times

Advertisements

Rachael Ray for sure. Just the sound of her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me! She's so corny! I used to love Paula Dean, but as the years have passed she's gotten more and more goofy and absurd. I have a couple of her cookbooks and they are great, but that garbage she does now is just beyond stupid!

I used to love Ina too, and have a couple of her cookbooks as well, and most of the recipes look amazing, but the ingredients are outrageous. I made one recipe for a 5 cheese pasta dish. I spent over $30 on cheese! The other day I saw her show and someone had asked how do you know a 'really good olive oil', as she always says to use. Her response was to buy about 8 different kinds and taste them, then use the one you like the best. Geez! Olive oil is outrageously expensive, so lets just buy a bunch and do some taste testing, then just throw away all the bottles we don't like! I'd like to slap a reality check into that women!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 06:41 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,426,903 times
Bobby Flay, he just seems so arrogant.
Rachel Ray, I wouldnt slap her just wrap her head in some duct tape.
Ina is just some super rich East Hampton queen type.
My Uncle went to Paulas Restaurant and said the food wasnt that great, but the desert was awesome!

Old 03-23-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
Bobby Flay, he just seems so arrogant.
Rachel Ray, I wouldnt slap her just wrap her head in some duct tape.
Ina is just some super rich East Hampton queen type.
My Uncle went to Paulas Restaurant and said the food wasnt that great, but the desert was awesome!
A bit off topic but, you can buy some of her desserts in Walmart now. My son told me he tried a single serving of her gooey butter cake and it was wonderful. I was there a couple of weeks ago and bought one of her brown sugar pound cakes. It was small so I didn't feel so guilty. Warmed in the microwave, it was really good. Now that I think about it, that's even more reason to want to slap her!

Old 03-23-2011, 11:51 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
Rachael Ray for sure. Just the sound of her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me! She's so corny! I used to love Paula Dean, but as the years have passed she's gotten more and more goofy and absurd. I have a couple of her cookbooks and they are great, but that garbage she does now is just beyond stupid!

I used to love Ina too, and have a couple of her cookbooks as well, and most of the recipes look amazing, but the ingredients are outrageous. I made one recipe for a 5 cheese pasta dish. I spent over $30 on cheese! The other day I saw her show and someone had asked how do you know a 'really good olive oil', as she always says to use. Her response was to buy about 8 different kinds and taste them, then use the one you like the best. Geez! Olive oil is outrageously expensive, so lets just buy a bunch and do some taste testing, then just throw away all the bottles we don't like! I'd like to slap a reality check into that women!!!
I agree with you about Paula. I used to love her but somehow she's gotten off track and she's too loud, goofy and inappropriate in most situations. I saw a small clip of her on Good Morning America, I believe and she was talking so inappropriately it was embarrassing.

Rachel I just can't stand from the get go. I hate her voice and her goofy corny sayings.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:11 PM

258 posts, read 450,875 times
I think it's been said many a times before but:

Rachel Ray... I have NEVER liked her or her show. She just seems to go around and throw things together without actually cooking.

Bobby Flay: I have decided his throwdown shows are rigged, as well as guest judges sometimes very poorly picked (as in they would obviously pick one side with bias). Very very arrogant when half the show is about how a "Ordinary Joe" makes the "BEST _____" and Bobby takes his "cooking research team" and will make that dish much better in one week than the person who's worked hard perfecting that recipe.
Yes, I am bringing back the "air bunnies"

Emeril Lagasse: I just don't like him. And it didn't help that the first time I watched his show, there was a special guest who would help him cook and that time happened to be a young African American boy and Emeril kept calling him Shaq, as in Shaq O'Neil and then laugh at his little joke. The boy corrected Emeril at least twice that his name was Ben to no avail.

Last edited by Cinnella; 03-23-2011 at 12:47 PM..

Old 03-23-2011, 12:48 PM

I agree about Emeril too. I'd like to BAM! him.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:09 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,476 times
Guy Fieri, I crush you.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:49 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,189,680 times
I'd like to slap around Rachel Ray. In a good way. :0)

Old 03-24-2011, 12:13 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,778,915 times
The Neelys......to much sugar this and kissy face that.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:16 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Paula Deen is a disgusting atrocity and I find it hard to believe anyone finds her "cooking" appealing. Did you see the lasagna sandwhich she made once?
Deen is terrible.

But I'd like to smack Rachel Ray even harder. I cannot stand her accent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink