Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 11:17 PM

66 posts, read 375,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by u4icmusic View Post
Broward SUCKS big time.
[mod]comment [mod] i made this post almost a year ago homie, dont even come in here talkin reckless ..

Last edited by Keeper; 12-26-2008 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: rude comment

Old 05-28-2009, 03:46 PM

49 posts, read 172,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by browardboi954 View Post
well i feel like i must put in my two cents into this post.. i work with a non-profit volunteer organization that is responsible for donations and food drives all throughout broward county.. mind you i'm only 17 so unlike some members here who occasionally drive through and base their opinions on what they see, i spend my days and nights here with friends and family in some of these so-called "bad areas".. first of all i dont much like the term "bad area", just because a city/area of a city has a high crime-rate of isnt appealing to the eye does not make it BAD.. poverty stricken, crime-ridden maybe, but not BAD. murderers are BAD. pedophiles are BAD. rapists are BAD. carol city or opa-locka is NOT BAD. hey i'm just bringing some real-life experience and some real talk into this forum, dont hate..appreciate.

broward county does have a growing problem with crime, mainly pompano in north broward, lauderdale in central broward, and hollywood in south broward.. i live in central so the places i mention here are strictly in the ft. lauderdale and lauderhill area.. if anybody has any questions on plantation, sunrise, davie, ect. feel free to ask. well from my PERSONAL experience, the areas in here that tend to have a higher crime rate, most notably in 'pedestrian crime' (car jacking, robbery, assault, ect.) ((ay they call it jackboy county for a reason =P)) would definitely be:

deepside
shallowside
melrose park
washington park
franklin park
sunland park
sistrunk
dixie court projects a.k.a. midway
tater town
and i've noticed riverland is getting pretty gully..

of course there is more but right now thats all that comes to mind. high crime or not, i still represent BROWARD COUNTY to tha fullest *954*... remember be smart, stay in your comfort zone and nobody will give you any problems.. usually
Thats a good list but i disagree where you say opa locka isn't bad. You made a thread called the bad areas of broward but dont consider opa locka bad? I have a grandma living there and it is a VERY crime ridden area. one third of its population is below poverty and it has some of the highest crime rates in america. it's bad lol. carol city was also kind of bad but it seems to be doing a little better since it got annexed into Miami gardens.
I have a cousin who lives in leslie estates in carol city and she hears gunshots regularly.....

Old 05-29-2009, 12:36 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,710,346 times
^^^ opa locka, carol city, miami gardens are all in Dade, not broward

Old 05-31-2009, 01:21 AM

49 posts, read 172,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
^^^ opa locka, carol city, miami gardens are all in Dade, not broward
I know lol. I just noticed that he made a thread called the bad areas of broward yet said carol city and opa locka weren't bad in his post.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:31 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,710,346 times
ah, I follow.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:17 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by browardboi954 View Post
deepside - (home sweet home, lauderhill with some parts of sunrise, bordered by sunrise blvd on the south, oakland park on the north, and roughly between university on the west and US.441 (state road 7) on the east.. roughest parts would be 56th street, 60th, and 64th.. but dont get me wrong i live in inverary and i love it here)

shallowside - (eastern lauderhill, area surrounding the lauderhill mall around 441, personally i dont think as violent as deepside, probably because of more elderly people due to lauderdale lakes being right up the road at oakland park and 441)

melrose park - (ft. lauderdale, the entrance i use is on 441 between the I-95 and broward blvd, right infront of plantation inn)

washington park - (ft. lauderdale around broward blvd)

franklin park - (ft. lauderdale around broward blvd)

sunland park - (ft.lauderdale, its on sunrise blvd once you pass US.441 going east, once you pass the swapshop its on your right-hand side)

sistrunk - (ft. lauderdale, infamous for its crackheads, prostitutes and transvestites.. but also for the wonderful sistrunk festival which i attend every year in february/march.. located between broward blvd and sunrise blvd.. sistrunk turns into 6th street if im not mistaken)

dixie court projects a.k.a. midway - (good ol' midway, probably the most heated (street talk for crawling with popo(street talk for police you dummy) since the ft.lauderdale police station is right down the street.. the dixie court projects are on broward blvd. and 11th, on your left if your headed towards downtown/los olas

tater town - (i love tata town, they got a great BBQ on MLK street right by the public service building on broward blvd.. basically tater town is on broward blvd. and 27th, on your left if your headed downtown

and i've noticed riverland is getting pretty gully.. - (riverland is right across the street from tater town, on broward blvd. right behind the gas station (its either a hess or a sunoko i believe) right near the tri-rail trainstation

DAMN if thats not detailed enough i dont know what is.. ay it aint all good but i LOVE the hood
Yeah it's cool being in the hood or from the hood, nothing like street cred from your homies. I used to feel the same way as you until I got older and started wanting the nicer things in life.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:26 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-oh View Post
I don't think I need to say it but this person is speaking nonsense.
I don't think it's non-sense, maybe if you are one of the people U4ic mentioned you would be insulted. For the most part Broward has turned into a cesspool. That is why people are leaving.

Last edited by fauve; 06-03-2009 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: Edited response to deleted post

Old 06-03-2009, 01:12 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post

I don't think it's non-sense, maybe if you are one of the people U4ic mentioned you would be insulted. For the most part Broward has turned into a cesspool. That is why people are leaving.
I'm glad that the cesspool is clearing.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:45 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutta Bay Goon View Post
definitely stay away from East Miramar
I have been all over that area over the past couple months and have been pretty surprised by how quiet it is, running completely counter to what I have heard. The hot zones are all within a couple of blocks of State Road 7, the county line, or Pembroke Rd. The worst thing about east Miramar is the apartment complexes on the east side of 62nd Ave, or immediately off of Pembroke Rd. I would say 62nd Ave west to University Dr, and couple blocks away from Pembroke Rd or the county line can be gritty and has a couple of drug houses but is mostly harmless. I have acutally seen some really nice homes there with live oak trees and large plots of land. Yes it's mostly black and it's not wealthy but seems to be a decent working class area. The worst part of Miramar for crime IMO is Sherman Circle which is WEST of University. Most of the really bad crime usually comes out of Miami Gardens and happens in the nicer looking communities between University Dr and Red Rd. I would also add that the recent robbery that happened was within a block of State Road 7.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 06-03-2009 at 02:01 PM..

Old 06-03-2009, 02:26 PM

18 posts, read 47,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908WAGY View Post
I currently live in Central Broward (Sunrise) haven't had any problems with crime or drugs, but there isn't much to do here unless you live at the beach and make the TREK to South Beach every weekend. Check out West Palm Beach and Orlando before coming down here!
Only problem is that if you think there's nothing to do in Central Broward, then WPB or Orlando will seem like farm country!

I have to disagee on the need to trek to South Beach (which I do all the time...the drives not THAT bad...I work in Key Biscayne and live in Ft Lauderdale).

Ft. Lauderdale's night life is getting better and better. It's just a different scene that South Beach and downtown Miami (which are also very different from each other). I have no complaints about downtown Ft. Lauderdale...plenty of places for drinks, Voodoo, Revolutions Live, ROK, Coyote Ugly, Tarpon Bend, Dicey O'rileys, Capones, Side Bar, Fat Cats, Porterhouse, EBAR, America's Backyard...all on one block...Exit 66 just opened on Ft. Lauderdale beach...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area