Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 08:15 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,283,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deschlerj View Post
Im planning on moving to fort myers in June from wisconsin... Any advice? Good or bad.
check out Paseo to buy or rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 11:49 AM

3 posts, read 24,558 times
No I live in Atlanta , but I will be moving to Punta Gorda in July. I have two young daughters. Hows the atmospere?

Old 08-07-2008, 09:13 PM

11 posts, read 71,929 times
not bad.
of course, stay away from North Ft Myers and other than that most of it is good.

and also nothing much to do except the beaches and breakfast places, so be ready for that too.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:03 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,731,582 times
Punta Gorda isn't bad. I would say to stay away from Fort Myers, Immokalee and Lehigh Acres. The worst towns in SW Florida, IMO.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:58 PM

4 posts, read 11,451 times
Default Snow Birds! Cape Coral Home for Rent

Hi! I am new to the forum and don't know if you can help me or not. I live in SE Cape Coral (4 yrs). My husband has recently been transferred back to Orlando. He lives there during the week and comes home on the weekend. In November it will be a year that he has been doing this and, needless to say, it is getting very old! Because of the decreased property values in our area it is impossible to sell our home for what we owe. We are considering renting it to, perhaps, snowbirds that come down every year. We just do not know how to contact prospective renters. This is a very nice 1600 sq ft home with heated salt water pool and inground spa. We are willing to rent this house either furnished or unfurnished. I LOVE this house and am quite happy here. It is just not possible to stay. Can ANYONE suggest an answer to this dilehma? We are only considering renting because we do not want this house to sit empty. It is in a nice neighborhood with absolutely the BEST neighbors you could ask for! Any suggestions?

Old 08-11-2008, 01:10 PM

425 posts, read 1,105,048 times
Default good afternoon folks

thought I would stop by to say hi,
was reading some of these posts, we are not of retirement age yet, but have bought in a over 55 community in North Port, it is a land owned resident owned community and it is very nice, only a hop skip and a jump from the gulf coast beaches, dh uncle owned i Punta Gorda and got slammed by Charlie, but Punta Gorda,Port Charlotte, englewood, and Venice nice too.
good luck

Old 08-11-2008, 06:22 PM

325 posts, read 1,024,263 times
Default Hello from North Port

Hello every one. I hope everyone is well

Custom Remodeling, Kitchens, Baths, Additions and Home Improvements

Old 08-12-2008, 07:52 PM

22 posts, read 90,515 times
Default Info on beaches and shoreline around Sarasota

Hi all,
I just moved here from MN and am looking for information on the area. Can anyone tell me if there is anyplace that you can take a little dog with you and walk along the beach or coastline? I realize that they don't want animals on the publc beaches but is there someplace we could go that both myself and my little Yorkie can enjoy the Gulf? If anyone has any suggestions of other places to go just to get acquainted with Sarasota, please let me know. I would like to visit the downtown area and go to the Farmers Market and see all that Sarasota has to offer.
Thanks, Jody

Old 08-13-2008, 07:47 AM

1 posts, read 4,689 times
I'm relocating to FL looking in Cape Coral and surrounding areas. Anybody have any advice/ info for me. Where are good areas to live? Looking to rent a duplex or maybe even a apt home does anyone know of any nice apt homes. My max rent I"m looking for is $600 and I need a 2bdrm. I've looked on Craigslist. Waiting to hear back on some but I dont' even know the good areas. We're looking to move in September from VA.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:12 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,731,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephS View Post
I'm relocating to FL looking in Cape Coral and surrounding areas. Anybody have any advice/ info for me. Where are good areas to live? Looking to rent a duplex or maybe even a apt home does anyone know of any nice apt homes. My max rent I"m looking for is $600 and I need a 2bdrm. I've looked on Craigslist. Waiting to hear back on some but I dont' even know the good areas. We're looking to move in September from VA.
Cape Coral is a nice town. Try to stay in the Southwest or Southeast area of Cape Coral is crime reasons (crime is lower is SE and SW)

Good lucK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area