Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 05:02 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,764,713 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,
one information.

I'm arriving in FW on 2nd August at 9.30 pm.

Can you tell me where I can eat the first night, please?
What are the especially places that will be opened later in Stockyard district?

Many thanks!
Laura
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 07:12 AM

I don't know..I have thought at Billi Bob's...

Is possibile eat at Billi Bob's?
What's your hours? I have readed the website but I haven't found this information.

many thanks

Old 07-09-2007, 09:16 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,919,325 times
Hi Laura, you're traveling from Milan to Fort Worth? How long will you be in town for? If you're flight gets delayed, instead of eating at a fancy restaurant, I recommend you eat at a 24/7 place, such as Whataburger. (That's what I did when I arrived in FW for the 1st time late on a Sat. night.) Then the next day, you can eat at the FW Stockyards. Have a good trip.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:14 AM

Hi beowulf7!
First of all, I would to thank you for you answer

I'm arriving in DFW airport on 2th August (8.30 pm).

In DFW I'm taking a rent car and I'm staying in FW Stckyard district for 3 nights.
1st night (when I will arrive);
2nd day and night tour in FW
3rd tour in Dallas and at night, I'm returning at my B&B in FW stockyard.

Yes, my flight is Milan-Philadelphia-DFW
I'm leaving on 2th August at 9.45 am (Milan) and I'm in DFW at 8.30 pm
(my flight is stopping in Philadelphia 5 hours)
There are 6 hours of jat lag between Italy and Texas

I'm looking for to see there!!!!

About 24/7 place, such as Whataburger, it's great! mamny thanks for your recommend!
Do you have an exact address of Whataburger?

Sorry for my English...

Old 07-09-2007, 11:56 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,425,035 times
Welcome!! You should be able to eat at any fast food restaurants. They should be open when you get here. If you have time and you want a great mexican food experience, you can go to Joe T. Garcia's which is very popular touristy restaurant here. Joe T. Garcia's Mexican Restaurant. The food while good isn't the best, but eat on the patio for a great experience. It is just very beautiful.

When my sister was out from California, we took her there.

Hope you have a wonderful time here!!

Old 07-09-2007, 11:39 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,919,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse View Post
Hi beowulf7!
First of all, I would to thank you for you answer

I'm arriving in DFW airport on 2th August (8.30 pm).

In DFW I'm taking a rent car and I'm staying in FW Stckyard district for 3 nights.
1st night (when I will arrive);
2nd day and night tour in FW
3rd tour in Dallas and at night, I'm returning at my B&B in FW stockyard.

Yes, my flight is Milan-Philadelphia-DFW
I'm leaving on 2th August at 9.45 am (Milan) and I'm in DFW at 8.30 pm
(my flight is stopping in Philadelphia 5 hours)
There are 6 hours of jat lag between Italy and Texas

I'm looking for to see there!!!!

About 24/7 place, such as Whataburger, it's great! mamny thanks for your recommend!
Do you have an exact address of Whataburger?

Sorry for my English...
That sounds like a long flight, but international ones usually are. You'll be at my old stomping grounds in Philly.

There are many locations for Whataburger. Punch in the address on this Web page and it will list all locations within a certain radius. I mentioned Whataburger since they're open 24 hrs./day and serve burgers, chicken sandwich, etc. Also, it's not as rundown as some other 24/7 joints such as Waffle House.

Since you're flying internationally and have to go through customs, even though you're due to arrive at 8:30 p.m., most likely, you won't leave the airport until 10 p.m. or later. By then, most restaurants will be closed, so don't count on being able to eat at a "nice restaurant" your 1st night. I know I couldn't and I just had a domestic flight from Philly to FW.

Don't worry, you're English is fine. Enjoy your trip.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:56 PM

many thanks guys!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:08 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,296,379 times
There is a drive through Mexican place there, most of the locations are open 24/7. Its called Taco Cabana and their food is alot better then Taco Bell.

Another place that is 24 hours in some locations is Jack in the Box...wonderful spicey curly fries, chocolate shakes so thick they are hard to get through the straw and ultimate cheeseburgers so tasty, its like you made it at home on your own grill. (yes I do miss Jack here in Florida)

You should be able to check the websites of BOTH restaurants and find one close to where you will be staying.

Another restaurant you might try out for a nice sit down meal is Texas DeBrazil...there is one in Fort Worth near Sundance square if I remember correctly. The service has been impeccable and the food is wonderful. This is the kind of place you would go if you are a meat eater...They also have a website that will tell you about their locations AND their menu.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:36 AM

Many thanks Lisa!

Are you live in Florida or are you on vacance?
I was in Florida in 2004.
It's beautiful!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 02:51 AM

[quote=Lisa_from_Debary;1036843]
[/ Texas DeBrazil

I have seen this website.
It's wonderful this place and..I'm...I have already ate!!!!

Is it more expensive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth