Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 07:52 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
My gardens are really loving all this rain! Can't keep the cucumbers picked fast enough!!
looks yummy, what are you going to do with the cukes? It is hard to use some of the stuff and cukes don't have a lot of uses...

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 06:35 AM

433 posts, read 1,143,320 times
yum Wish I was your neighbor. I can think of some things I'd like to eat. Cucumbers and onions, cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes, cucumber kimchee, cucumber salad with dill and sour cream, tzatziki, gazpacho, eaten with dips, sliced and salted by themselves. I'm sure if I thought about it long enough I could think of some more good ways to eat cucumbers.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:43 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phawk57 View Post
yum Wish I was your neighbor. I can think of some things I'd like to eat. Cucumbers and onions, cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes, cucumber kimchee, cucumber salad with dill and sour cream, tzatziki, gazpacho, eaten with dips, sliced and salted by themselves. I'm sure if I thought about it long enough I could think of some more good ways to eat cucumbers.
All good! I love cucumbers with dill and sour cream. Remember, cucumbers can be sliced into salads along with all the other things you'd put into a salad. also. And don't forget pickled cucumbers. Even if they're not "pickling cukes" you can still pickle them. Just peel and slice.

Ever have cucumber sandwiches? I was surprised -- they're actually quite tasty!

Oh, and cucumber dipped in honey as a snack. Yummm.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
All good! I love cucumbers with dill and sour cream. Remember, cucumbers can be sliced into salads along with all the other things you'd put into a salad. also. And don't forget pickled cucumbers. Even if they're not "pickling cukes" you can still pickle them. Just peel and slice.

Ever have cucumber sandwiches? I was surprised -- they're actually quite tasty!

Oh, and cucumber dipped in honey as a snack. Yummm.
cuke sandwhiches are great, especially if the cukes are fresh out of the garden. In fact I had cukes and toast for breakfast yesterday.

Nita

Old 07-08-2010, 10:20 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
We had our first mess of green beans 2 nights ago. Started picking them this afternoon then a Tstorm blew up. So will finish picking them in the morning. They sure are a welcome taste so young & fresh.

Tiny green tomatoes on the vines, little cukes and corn is about 5' high. Oh I found a teeny tiny little bell pepper on one of my plants today. Carrots are doing well also. We needed the rain was getting ready to water the whole garden when it started looking dark. Thank you Mother Nature.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:32 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
This may be a dumb question, but is it too late to plant things like peas, lettuce, radish, carrots, swiss chard in the pac nw ? east side of wa state, zone 5

I got started late with all the rain and cooler weather we've been having and now it's starting to heat up

Old 07-09-2010, 06:46 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phawk57 View Post
Agree with ALL of these, specially the tzaziki, but what about tabbouleh?

I've been known to eat a whole cucumber with salt and pepper LOL

oh and add a slice of cheddar to a cracker and top with cucumber - yum

Old 07-09-2010, 08:14 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
i love cucumbers, i have no problem gobbling a couple down all by themselves. no need to add anything but maybe a little pinch of salt.
cucumber kimchee sounds fantastic

Old 07-09-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
We had our first mess of green beans 2 nights ago. Started picking them this afternoon then a Tstorm blew up. So will finish picking them in the morning. They sure are a welcome taste so young & fresh.

Tiny green tomatoes on the vines, little cukes and corn is about 5' high. Oh I found a teeny tiny little bell pepper on one of my plants today. Carrots are doing well also. We needed the rain was getting ready to water the whole garden when it started looking dark. Thank you Mother Nature.
The beans are so much better than anything in the store that even the ones we don't get picked on time and are too large are still yummy!!!!

Nita

Old 07-10-2010, 08:08 PM

433 posts, read 1,143,320 times
I can hardly wait to taste my green beans. They are really starting to climb but no flowers yet. This is my first time growing pole beans so I don't know what to expect. In Illinois I always grew bush beans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden