Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are mixed race people more attractive?
Yes, they are more attractive than people that aren't mixed 53 31.36%
hard to say 23 13.61%
No, they are just as attractive as people who aren't mixed 93 55.03%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 08:07 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
It baffles me that "we" still continue to regurgitate these backwards attitudes based on where one happens to fall along the color line.

The most disturbing aspect of the worship of "whiteness" is the selection of romantic partners (consciously or subconsciously) for the purpose of having "whiter"/lighter skinned children. And this issue is not exclusive of Black people; Asians and Latinos do the same. And no one EVER wants to have a REAL conversation about this topic.

Shades of Black - Colorism, Skin Color Discrimination - YouTube

It happens within the black community to this light skin vs. dark skin nonsense. It is my opinion that if non black people didn't make such a distinction and preference in the first place, it probably wouldn't be going on. You're right it's disturbing these people choosing a mixed partner solely because they want a mixed baby. It's been said in a few threads on here before: "how can I get a biracial baby because they are so cute!" etc. etc. It was said earlier that not every mixed person is beautiful, but I guess those folks have not seen Jasmine Guy these days....

Also, that's a neat pic you posted of Vanessa, never saw that before. She is beautiful in any shade.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:43 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,697,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
To answer the Op,I think he is saying why are mixed race people pushed as superior over non mixed people?

It seems lately there has been some "push" by the media to make it seem mixed race couples are somehow superior to non mixed race couples.
If a white person doesn't think mixed race individuals aren't more attractive they get branded a racist.
If a black person does it they get branded as jealous. Same with Asiam men,they also get branded as jealous.

I don't think most people know that there are dark skinned mixed race people.
I can name a few: Tatiana Ali and Kim Porter.
Both dark skinned and mixed race,but I don't see them being held up a beautiful by the community. I wonder why....
It's all media crap. Exactly why news is banned in my household. Love who you love.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:04 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times
as a mixed person, i could stand to get a nose job. it's pretty bad, one nostril is slanty and thin...and the other is full and round.

also, my "black" nostril is a lot easier to breathe out of....

Old 03-31-2013, 08:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Yup. I can't believe people still haven't heard of them.
As I also was saying to another poster in another thread,there are dark skinned indians who aren't mixed,and light skinned Africans who also aren't mixed.

I'm not sure why someone posted a pic of a mixed girl when there are truly unmixed,dark skinned black? People with blond hair.
I posted that photo to make a point. Some people believe that if a person has "one drop of black blood in them" then they are "black." If that's the case, then she's a "little ol' black girl" - with blonde hair and blue eyes.

The vast majority of us are of mixed race. So what?

I think these people are beautiful:

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 03-31-2013 at 08:27 AM..

Old 03-31-2013, 08:09 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Oh, I've heard of it. I must don't understand why you threw the roll eyes at me. You didn't seem to understand what I was saying when I mentioned my son. And you still don't understand.
I wasn't rolling my eyes at YOU. I was rolling my eyes about the "one drop rule."

And you're the one who said you didn't know what I meant by the "one drop rule."

Quote:
I don't know what you're saying about a one-drop rule, and I certainly don't know why you would be rolling your eyes.
Like I said, I wasn't rolling my eyes at you. I mentioned the one drop rule and rolled my eyes. I don't know why you're insisting on taking that comment personally.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 03-31-2013 at 08:30 AM..

Old 03-31-2013, 09:28 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,300 times
Quote:
Wow,you say you are biracial and then decry "no naps for her"?
Wth? Are you saying black women's hair type is inferior?
No. I'm saying my hair is inferior.

So inferior that I keep it shaved. So inferior that it has tangled clippers. So inferior that relaxer has never worked.

My head is nappy as hell and I hate it.

Are you being obtuse on purpose???

Wait? Are you a member of "The Committee on Proper Mixed People Behavior and Thoughts?"

Puhlease...

Old 03-31-2013, 09:29 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
as a mixed person, i could stand to get a nose job. it's pretty bad, one nostril is slanty and thin...and the other is full and round.

also, my "black" nostril is a lot easier to breathe out of....
Black nostril? Lol

Old 03-31-2013, 09:35 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
I wish that some people would stop making the blanket assumption that ALL mixed race people with subSaharan African ancestry wish to NOT be identified as "Black".

Old 03-31-2013, 09:41 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I wasn't rolling my eyes at YOU. I was rolling my eyes about the "one drop rule."

And you're the one who said you didn't know what I meant by the "one drop rule."

Like I said, I wasn't rolling my eyes at you. I mentioned the one drop rule and rolled my eyes. I don't know why you're insisting on taking that comment personally.
Kathryn, I was pointing out that it wasn't the one drop rule that was applicable to my blond, blue, black son. I mentioned blond haired blue eyed blacks and my son and you brought up one drop rule. My point was that I could not figure out why you brought it up in the context of my family.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:43 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
No. I'm saying my hair is inferior.

So inferior that I keep it shaved. So inferior that it has tangled clippers. So inferior that relaxer has never worked.

My head is nappy as hell and I hate it.

Are you being obtuse on purpose???

Wait? Are you a member of "The Committee on Proper Mixed People Behavior and Thoughts?"

Puhlease...
Just because your hate is directed at self doesn't make it any less insidious or destructive. Indeed, it is even more tragic because you are perpetuating this pathology to future generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy