Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:33 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Im getting there. Right now Im stuck in the LV of PA. Maybe in 6 months.

I have decided if I do not move in August I will never move. It is indeed put up or shut up time. South Carolina, Georgia, and Vegas are in the running. I screwed up Phoenix twice so that's out of the question. Gotta move on and do something different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 06:50 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,901,182 times
Researching places is hard. I found a lot of places I thought would be a great fit, but when I got there to visit, turned out it was different in a way that could not be put on paper. The city I am moving to now was not one I had originally considered, however it makes sense and I like it.

It took a lot of hard work, saving, patience, but 11 months after I came back to this country, I am finally ready to make the move I have dreamed about. I seriously cannot wait until this weekend when I can take the trip up there and find an apartment to sign for. I can't wait for my new life to finally begin. I feel like the entire time I have been here in Indy, my life has been on hold. Frustrating. I just want to go and start living my life again. Hope it starts again the minute I sign that lease.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:31 PM

104 posts, read 435,570 times
In the same boat as all of you. I've had enough of PA. I was born and raised in the Lehigh Valley, moved to Florida in '86, back to PA in '99. I've come to realize that PA is not what I remember growing up and much to my surprise, I hate the winter! I will miss family, but we will all have a reason to take vacations. Husband and I have decided we are going back to Florida by April, kids are thrilled to be going "home". I've even sent out resumes so that I can't back out. I really do want to make this move and can't wait to be back in Florida, but it's scary. I'm not 20 something anymore. When I start getting cold feet I read this poem -

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO!!! What a Ride!"

Old 02-20-2008, 07:37 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,466 times
Quote:
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO!!! What a Ride!"
I like that!! Definitely motivating.

I need to just take the plunge one of these days before I go insane..

Old 03-26-2008, 12:35 PM

280 posts, read 1,222,068 times
Thumbs down I want out of NC

I have been waiting for over a year now. I am finally moving to RI in 12-1/2 weeks, and it couldn't be goooing any slooooooower....

Old 03-31-2008, 05:12 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,218,650 times
It's been a long slow road for us. We sold our home in 2005 with the intentions to transfer with our jobs-we then rented a house here, and as time passed, we have moved to an apt. It has taken us much longer to get the transfers than we ever expected. Living 'temporary' has been a stress on our family-we just want to get moved to Raleigh and buy a house already!!!

Old 04-09-2008, 11:38 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,807,721 times
What a great thread. I am in the same boat. I have been researching for at least 2 years, and am still not certain where I want to go, so I do nothing, and that is driving me nuts! I wish I had moved all over when I was younger, because now I have a 9 year old daughter, and I only want to move her one more time so she can finish school in one place. I want to go back home to Oregon, but I also love AZ, and would like to try Montana, Colorado, or Idaho. Husband will live in CA or AZ only. What does one do when you want to move, and spouse doesn't, or at least not where you want to go? I feel really trapped here in CA. The weather is great, but where I live here in Palm Springs area there are no jobs in my industry. I tried 2 since we moved here in 2004, and neither worked out, so I drove 220 miles twice a week to go back to my industry (worked from home 3X a week) but just had to leave that since they wanted me there every day. I don't think we can sell our house now, or if we do it will be less than we paid, and I can't find a job I like here. My family is all in Oregon. I have researched myself to death, and still am not 100% sure where I would go if the house was sold and I could go. I don't even mention it to my fmily anymore since it's been so long I'm sure they are sick of hearing about it. If I didn't have to worry about school for my daughter I think I'd try them all, but can't do that to her.
It made me feel better to know I wasn't alone. Thanks all.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:26 PM

28 posts, read 113,860 times
Default Nc

sue64- Hi! We are thinking of moving down to NC, the Raleigh area, to be specific. Can you share with me why you hate it???

Thanks!

Old 04-09-2008, 05:18 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderintonc View Post
It's been a long slow road for us. We sold our home in 2005 with the intentions to transfer with our jobs-we then rented a house here, and as time passed, we have moved to an apt. It has taken us much longer to get the transfers than we ever expected. Living 'temporary' has been a stress on our family-we just want to get moved to Raleigh and buy a house already!!!
While I agree that "temporary" living sure ain't fun, thank your lucky stars that you sold when you did and that you didn't buy anywhere else. We wanted out of Vegas in the worst way, and planned a move to Florida. We got an offer on our house (3/06), the appraisal came in $40,000 less, but we still took it (I didn't want to wait for my son to enter 1st grade and then pull him...dumb move). That May we bought a house here in FL that is now worth much less than we bought it for. It's our own fault (mostly mine) that we're stuck now. We should have just rented, but I was against it (stupid). Either way, I hope your future destination(s) work out well for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues