Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 07:23 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
i'm old enough to know that you come off as old and out of touch, to be blunt.

the women you know probably aren't wealthy enough to be in the same circles as the guys in the photos...so in reality, it might be the opposite. the men in the photos might not want to have anything to do with the women there.

you cannot debate what you don't understand. i cannot talk about things like this with someone that isn't willing to understand.

it is naive to think that the fashion capital of the u.s. and one of the fashion capitals of the world (and a city that is often considered THE fashion capital of the world) does not start trends that trickle down to other regions.
Who really cares that much??? No one cares what people are wearing in NYC; you act like we don't have our own boutiques and stores down here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 07:25 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Quote:
i'm old enough to know that you come off as old and out of touch, to be blunt.

the women you know probably aren't wealthy enough to be in the same circles as the guys in the photos...so in reality, it might be the opposite. the men in the photos might not want to have anything to do with the women there.

you cannot debate what you don't understand. i cannot talk about things like this with someone that isn't willing to understand.

it is naive to think that the fashion capital of the u.s. and one of the fashion capitals of the world (and a city that is often considered THE fashion capital of the world) does not start trends that trickle down to other regions.
Baby it's ok. I'm fine with that Bless your heart

Old 02-24-2010, 07:27 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Two words: WHO CARES?
obviously you do. you cared enough to quote me. and to respond multiple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Who really cares that much??? No one cares what people are wearing in NYC; you act like we don't have our own boutiques and stores down here.
first off, you obviously care that much too because my post wasn't in response to what you said.
and i'm not saying that other places don't have boutiques or things unique to their specific locations. i don't think that anybody is saying that.

second, i wasn't even talking to you. you quoted a post that was aimed at a completely different person. do you have two accounts or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Baby it's ok. I'm fine with that Bless your heart
you're welcome sweetie.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:46 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times
Quote:
kanye is from chicago.
bentley is from atl
don c is from chicago as well.
not sure about the others.

kanye follows trends but he is a trendsetter, yes. the dude in the leopard pants is known to dress wild.

fonzworth is usually very well dressed but i wouldn't call him a trendsetter. the others i don't know enough about to tell you whether they are trendsetters or not.

nice try at being funny tho. got any pics of nyc ppl?
These people are in NYC:

I have more.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:56 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
These people are in NYC:

I have more.
Well these pictures may be in NYC, but I assure you that these people are not from NYC they are tourists that do not know how to dress with style.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:58 PM

Okay, here we go:

I'm done.

Last edited by David Alleyne; 02-24-2010 at 09:10 PM..

Old 02-24-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Well these pictures may be in NYC, but I assure you that these people are not from NYC they are tourists that do not know how to dress with style.
That's good to know, maybe they're all transplants. I got this off the GQ site by the way:The Scene at New York Fashion Week. Maybe I got the wrong thing, don't know. To be fair, I'm not even trying to clown/bash your city...matter of fact I'm trying to find unbiased random shots of Atlanta too.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:15 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Quote:
Okay, here we go:

I'm done.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!That was great, thank you!

Old 02-24-2010, 09:19 PM
eek

lol. so we are really going to post extremes? is that what we're going to do?

should i go get Rachael and have her post pics from that pplofwalmart site? come on.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:27 PM
eek

Quote:
That's good to know, maybe they're all transplants. I got this off the GQ site by the way:The Scene at New York Fashion Week. Maybe I got the wrong thing, don't know. To be fair, I'm not even trying to clown/bash your city...matter of fact I'm trying to find unbiased random shots of Atlanta too.

so you think ppl in ny are walking down the block with dwayne wayne glasses and rocking patent leather thriller jackets?? so now we all look like extras from a whodini video from the 80's??

outta all those photos, you settle on the most ridiculous ones but you're not trying to bash nyc?

please.

more accurate photos, which you conveniently didn't post, from the same site, from the same week:

the above are more accurate and are a small sample of how we dress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.