Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 04:23 PM

108 posts, read 274,085 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I just have a general question about the USA's east coast, is it getting too crowed over there? I ask because there is places that have more reasonable costs of living and have a variety of apartments, homes etc that aren't even full because there is not enough people in those cities, or the cities are spread enough where they can build more apartments and homes if needed but on the east coast they really can't because there isn't enough room too, in certain cities. I've always wanted to live on the east coast but now I'm not so sure, they say as you get older your likes and dislikes change (which I agree with) and I think that is what is happening to me.

Thank you, all for your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 04:29 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,587,448 times
you can get whatever you want.. there is still a lot of variety
all across the so-called East Coast.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:36 PM

27,552 posts, read 28,636,675 times
I don't think the east coast is crowded at all, but vibrant and dynamic. It's the best region in the country IMO.

Your mileage may vary though. Coming from a state like Oregon which has a low population density, the east coast may seem crowded to you.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don't think the east coast is crowded at all, but vibrant and dynamic. It's the best region in the country IMO.
So you think there is enough homes and apartments for people who want to move there now and for the next generation? In the northeastern parts of the country, like New York, Washington, DC, Boston.

Quote:
Your mileage may vary though. Coming from a state like Oregon which has a low population density, the east coast may seem crowded to you.
Probably, but I was raised in Colorado where everything is spread out and I like it that way. Oregon is just where I currently live. But thank you for your answer.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
you can get whatever you want.. there is still a lot of variety
all across the so-called East Coast.
That is true, I'm just thinking about the other half of the country that has more jobs then people.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:20 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,219,501 times
The east coast is not "crowded". In the cities sure but outside the metro areas it can be as rural as the south.
The only reason the east coast has a lot of people is because of the high density within their well established cities. Outside of that and the suburbs its farmland, hills, lakes, streams, and waterfalls everywhere

Old 01-07-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
The east coast is not "crowded". In the cities sure but outside the metro areas it can be as rural as the south.
The only reason the east coast has a lot of people is because of the high density within their well established cities. Outside of that and the suburbs its farmland, hills, lakes, streams, and waterfalls everywhere
Thank you, for answering. I absolutely agree with your answer. Just to let everyone know, I was just wondering! Because I care about this country and wanted to know.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:55 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,801,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari616 View Post
Thank you, for answering. I absolutely agree with your answer. Just to let everyone know, I was just wondering! Because I care about this country and wanted to know.
Look at a map of Northern Maine up around the crown and you will see that it is as sparsely populated as many remote parts of the West. Most of it is undeveloped forests and lakes and unincorporated land, some used for timber cutting. There are also many parts of Vermont and Upstate New York that are very rural. A huge swath of the most northern part of New York is conservation land that's bigger than Rhode Island called Adirondack Park. There is plenty of open space if that's what you are looking for, you just have to get off the I-95 corridor.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:41 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,826,111 times
Too crowded? No such thing. Maybe in certain cities along the East Coast but not the whole thing.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,317,679 times
It will be too crowded when 200-story highrise residential buildings line every block from DC to Boston. Even then, I'd love to live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.